[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tv/ - Television & Film

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1596202956800.jpg (48 KB, 1280x659)
48 KB
48 KB JPG
>random New York mobster, no particular history with Sil or Carlo
>just whacked a guy for being a fag
>shows up at a secluded New Jersey mob hangout purely to aggressively accuse Carlo of being a fag
>gets whacked
????
>>
File: iogg8dnikhcc1.jpg (70 KB, 1078x931)
70 KB
70 KB JPG
>>200685664
He was working for Phil and shown literally beating him to death a little bit before. He went into their territory to gloat considering they just killed a made guy for free. He dies because they won't stand for it on their grounds. This shit will get posted to reddit anyway and retards will think you did something here but you DIDENT.
>>
>>200685664
retard. He is one of phil's guys collecting for phil. He insults them because of the animosity between their crews.
>>
>>200685732
>He went into their territory to gloat considering they just killed a made guy for free
I know that, like I said, he just whacked Vito, so my point was he went in knowing what a dangerous topic being gay is yet still decided to go all-out, despite being completely isolated in NJ territory. And also seems to have it out for Carlo specifically? The way it's written is strange, like it's implying a history that isn't there.
>>
>>200685664
probably one of the least confusing scenes in the show unless you're a complete retard. he sees them all as weak and thinks he can get away with anything after killing one of their guys
>>
File: hit.png (845 KB, 998x517)
845 KB
845 KB PNG
>some nobody interrupts two bosses with some retarded comment
>bosses just look at each other in silence
>>
File: intro-1688768801.jpg (65 KB, 780x438)
65 KB
65 KB JPG
Looking back on it the Sopranos just gets worse and worse.

The writers would constantly introduce characters that are "oh yeah that guys" who have never been mentioned before and have everyone act as if they were always there. And then they would randomly die and never be mentioned again.

Tony Blundetto was just the most obvious of these characters who existed solely to die for shock value.
>>
>>200686124
that's probably not the best example because he was originally planned to be in two seasons but the writers wrote themselves into a hole with the character and knew he had to die for it to make sense. season 5 was full of instances like that though. at least they did something different and sent Feech back to the can
>>
>>200685837
Phil and Phil's people didnt respect the soprano crew at all, fuck they barely considered them legitimately made. he thought he could barge in and swing his dick around with no consequences because jersey were a bunch of pussies he could fuck with. Not super hard to figure out.
>>
>>200685664
It was to show how little New York cares about the Jersey crew. Coco harassing Meadow was basically the same thing.
>>
>>200686181
They only cut out Feech's character because Robert Loggia had dementia and couldn't' remember his lines.

I agree that they fucked up with Tony B's storyline, But the ADR setting up his character shows they never had any idea what to even do with him to begin with. They just wanted Steve Buscemi as part of the cast and didn't care what excuse they used, that's the level of trash season 5 was.
>>
>>200686181
One of the central themes of the show isbthe decline of the mob, and the repeated instances of guys getting out of the can and being unable to adapt to how things changed (or ore accurately, how things had degraded) served to highlight that.
All of the old guard are dead or dying, their replacements are all rats trying to save their own skin, the new generation are all useless larping retards who end up overreaching and dying because of it, and the guys that have been away for decades cant cope with coming back.
>>
>>200686323
Wasn't Feech's original storyline the same as what they ended up doing with Angelo? I remember before they ended up rewriting it hearing that Feech would be close with Tony B but was rewritten to have it be Angelo instead. I liked it regardless, it showed Tony learning from the past
>>
>>200686323
To be honest it was probably for the best, with the way things were going his storyline was just going to be "older, more gravelly richie aprile" only without fucking janice.
At least hopefully without fucking janice.
>>
>>200686124
Your beef is that they introduced characters throughout the series that they didn't mention before being introduced? I'm not sure I understand your criticism.
>>
>>200686367
absolutely agree.
>>200686323
it's surprising the amount of love season 5 gets when it is easily one of the worst for me after so many rewatches. maybe it's just comfy? it definitely has the messiest writing, especially with Tony B.

I think Feech was always planned to get whacked because he was an old school guy that fucking hated Tony but it was way too similar to Richie Aprile so they just sent him back to the can. it is true that the actor struggled though
>>
>>200686415
Yeah that was one of the ADR lines they added to have Angelo be bffs with Tony B.
>>200686428
At least Feech getting involved with the New York war and fucking everything up for Jersey/Tony would make more sense than Tony B being a complete retard despite his alleged genius level IQ.
>>
>>200685837
one consistent thread in the show is that these people behave like idiots and spend a lot of time pretending that being a violent mobster won't rebound on them in any of a range of obvious ways.

he probably thought he would be able to go back to NYC and tell everyone about the encounter as a cool anecdote, and was playing a part.
>>
File: 1704636324593.jpg (100 KB, 1280x720)
100 KB
100 KB JPG
>>200685664
>>
>>200686445
It's ok once or twice, but to do it constantly or have characters that are barely ever mentioned be in dramatic violent scenes like in OP is pure hackery.

I actually liked that they set up Feech in earlier seasons mentioning him a few times before his return. Too bad that all failed because of the actor's dementia.

But to introduce characters out of nowhere over and over again just so they can be part of the season body count? It's not acceptable for the supposed "best show on television". It takes all the drama out of the scene when you barely know who's who.
>>
>>200686651
Of course. It's just the dialogue itself. It's less "gloating" and more "I really hate Carlo". Which is what makes it weird to me.
>>
>>200686535
Like someone else said, Feech was probably supposed to be the guy that dragged Jersey into the NY power struggle, who then got whacked.
>>
File: 1703625604674.jpg (78 KB, 1280x768)
78 KB
78 KB JPG
>>200685664
>>
>>200685664
The New York families already saw the New Jersey family as weak and small. Then you add the fact that they harbored a fag, and let another family kill one of their captains with impunity, and Fat Dom probably thought they were just too pussy to do anything to him and couldn't resist the opportunity to taunt them. In case you didn't notice, one of the subplots of season 6 in particular was the gradual tightening of the grip the Lupertazzi family had on the Sopranos.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.