[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tv/ - Television & Film

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

>Here’s a report from Daniel Richtman that claims Denis Villeneuve’s “Dune: Messiah” will start production in August 2025. I trust Richtman with this one since, much like myself, he gets grids in advance and has been right on that front quite a few times.

>So, yes, in all likelihood, “Dune: Messiah” is Villeneuve’s next film despite the filmmaker stating, multiple times, that it wouldn’t be. Yesterday, Deadline and THR reported that Villeneuve might have had a “change of heart,” and that he now wants to complete the ‘Dune’ trilogy by 2026. He’s currently working on the script and locking the cast.

https://www.worldofreel.com/blog/2024/6/29/dune-messiah-starts-production-august-2025
>>
They didn't film it all back-to-back? I would've thought that would have been the way to go with something like this. Getting the actors to say lines in front of green screens is the easy part, it's the computer farms that they have to wait on.
>>
>>200689045
doesn't take 2 years to render a fucking film... these days you can just spin up a cluster of supercomputers on AWS and render it in a day, it's the design and graphics work it takes to make it look good that takes a long time
>>
>>200689045
They weren't certain that it would get a third film, most likely. If the second had bombed that would have been it.
>>
File: 1688793096050993.jpg (55 KB, 660x574)
55 KB
55 KB JPG
I actually really liked Messiah and didn't care about the lack of action scenes since they were terribly written to begin with anyway
>>
>>200688993
Those nose things look stupid on screen
>>
>>200688993
I only read the first one. What am I in for?
>>
>>200689132
Based froggy
>>
>>200689213
Paul talking to people in his throne room for 2 hours and 30 minutes. And his sister strips naked to train at one point.
>>
>>200688993
predict the new girlboss plot points
>>
>>200688993
are people just pretending to like the movies?
i watch both so far and by god the first one was a shit tier pocahontas kinda clone and the second was even more moronic and boring.
what gives? what am i missing?
>>
>>200689213
>https://www.imdb.com/name/nm16061579/
2.5 hours of Pugh eating.
>>
>>200689845
i don't know, first time I watched them I thought they were pretty good, but now having seen both several times, I love them. i think they get better with each viewing and I"m always discovering new things

keep at it, maybe it'll click with you
>>
>>200689845
You are just a pleb.
They are both great movies, first one does great world building and emotional intention of the main characters.
Though the ending is shit as it is just setting up a sequel.
The 2nd movie is a good movie but a terrible adaptation and they butchered a lot of the main characters.
They just cannot tell the story well enough.
The sci-fi mini series is still the undisputed best dune adaptation.
>>
>>200689845
I don't know. I tried to watch the first one on HBO or something and fell asleep. Seems like almost anything else in life is more pressing than knowing what boring thing happens next.
>>
>>200690049
I had the same with DUNC 1 and BR 2049 but I thought BR was shit first time I watched it, now I think its a great movie minus harrison fords shoe horned parts.
>>
File: 1690593547403166.jpg (479 KB, 1200x1200)
479 KB
479 KB JPG
>>200690079
basically do it for her
>>
>>200688993
Cool I can’t wait to see Chani 2. I hope she scowls a lot more and also proves she’s a better fighter then Paul on every occasion
>>
>>200689132
I liked the book too but Denis has unfortunately proven himself to be an unimaginative, uninspired hack.
>>
>>200690151
she's not going to be in messiah, so I have zero interest in it
>>
>>200688993
Why are they making these boring movies? They're missing the mark so horribly that they're unwatchable.
>>
>>200689045
>Getting the actors to say lines in front of green screens

It's not star wars/rebel moon
>>
>>200688993
messiah is 90% political intrigue and inner conflict, i dont see denis pulling it off

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.