[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tv/ - Television & Film

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: skdljc.jpg (1.07 MB, 2160x2880)
1.07 MB
1.07 MB JPG
This show is actually pretty good with pretty good writing. Even though the main vampires in the show are gay its actually pretty entertaining. I will say season 2 is much better. Season 1 took me awhile to get through and I almost stopped watching it a few times. This show could've been so much better if they didn't make the vampires gay though and told more about this organization tracking the vampires.
>>
>>200701542
watched episode 1 a couple days ago and really liked it, gonna by the rest of the season in a day or so. writing/acting is way better than I expected it to be
>>
>>200701785
"buy"?
>>
It's great. Writing is super solid performances are great, Anthony Bourdain journalist is based and I would probably go gay for Lestat no cap. Season 2 with a theater of vampires hamming it up was kino, finale was satisfying.
Good show to binge with the wife
>>
This place is so goddamn fucking gay, and not in a cool way like sucking cocks and taking up the bum, but in the decidedly uncool way as being fucking fags.
>>
File: 15616584154.jpg (66 KB, 416x625)
66 KB
66 KB JPG
>>200701542
Black Claudia was actually pretty based. Just goes to show that when done right, race swapping a character can work as long as the character is good, or best yet, an improvement of the former or a completely different thing. They hit every nail on the head on this one. I heard they're replacing her with another actress though....not sure why.
>>
>>200701542
bullshit fanfic, they ruined the story and waited for anne rice to die before they released because they knew she would've rejected this total shit fucking hacks
>>
File: 1700082920761516.jpg (142 KB, 595x572)
142 KB
142 KB JPG
>>200701542
>>
>>200701542
>This show could've been so much better if they didn't make the vampires gay though
Anne Rice is a thirsty lesbian. Half his characters are gay.
>>
>>200701542
I’m kind of stunned by how good it is.
>>
>>200702349
Vampires cannot fuck they are physically incapable of getting a hardon stupid fucking show
>>
>>200702192
>not sure why.
The first actress is in the Avatar movies, scheduling conflict. I've already watched the second season and the new actress is good in my opinion.
>>
>>200702192
why didn't they just make their own story if they were going to change everything about the actual story?
>>
>>200702504
>the new actress is good in my opinion
Hmm, well that's good to know. Maybe if my boss ever decides to let me work less than 20 hours a day I'll get a chance to watch it.
>>
>>200701896
Also using the unreliable narrator trope was well done and wasn't used for bullshit asspulls to keep the story going. Which I guess was part of the original story but i can't be bothered to read the books unless they are more than just cheesy romance
>>200702247
Be honest with me are the books actually that good
>>
I wonder why none of the humans ever notice or mention the vampires eyes? Is it not obvious to see?
>>
>>200701896
Yeah. My girl wanted to watch it. At first I thought I was gonna hate it but it is watchable.
>>
>>200702554
Well obviously for marketing purposes, but it worked! It was a good show, assuming you can look past the homosexual elements embedded into the story....but then again, it was heavily implied in the original movie back in the 90s that there's something similar to them being gay; definitely an allegory for same sex couples adopting a child. Rice even said that the book was written as a representation of human nature and that by making the characters less than human that it might facilitate the philosophical points made in the book to those who would otherwise disagree or be bored by it.

Definitely not for everyone.
>>
I gotta admit in the ep07s02 when Lestat tells everyone that soldier ran away like a pussy from the fight was a pretty damn good come back.
>>
>>200701542
gonna wait for /outrgay/ Rick Worley to review it
>>
>>200702924
Yeah, if you watch the original movie it is obvious there is some kind of gayness between the 2 vampires.
>>
It's pretty gay, but good show none the less.
Did I speedwatch and missed how the writer became vampire?
>>
>>200703024
Louis said something about being sorry the gift was given out of spite 'I shouldn't have left you alone with him' so I'm assuming the brown twink vampire did it
>>
>>200701542
The whole cast mogs the shit out of the 90s movie, even with the raceswaps.
Gayness is faithful to the source material, whole book series is about gay vampires, so it's not the show's fault.
>>
>>200703166
I guess it then happened behind the scenes
>>
>>200701542
Does it explain why Louis is a black guy that owned a plantation and slaves? Because like that’s how Louis and Lestat met in the book and I don’t understand why that’d need to be changed? Like if it’s important to you to have a black lead maybe don’t adapt something with a lead who owned a plantation and slaves in the 1800s. But I dunno maybe it is explained well in the show
>>
>>200703228
No, it doesn't you faggot with enormous shit taste.
>>
>>200703721
Brad Pitt was an awful Louis, cry about it
>>
>>200704118
No, he wasn't.
>>
>>200703439
You do realize there was black slave owners, although rare, it did happen. But mostly in places like the Bahamas and Jamaica.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.