[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tv/ - Television & Film

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

This movie is so bad, holy shit. Zero soul, just a quick cashgrab.
Anyone else disappointed by it?
>>
thanks for consooming, cuck. We'll occupy your brain space and time in the next capeshit
>>
>>200705964
Facts
>>
>>200705964
Couldn't commit to the iconography like Burton and Nolan did, weird to have Penguin, Catwoman and Riddler all in your movie and make them all unrecognizable. I don't need "muh realism" in my pulpy, gothic superhero world.
>>
>>200705964
I liked the Batman and Catwoman scenes
>>
>>200705964
The villains were fine, pattinson sucked, kravitz is a charisma void cunt, the plot was shit, the ending was fucking awful.
>>
The movie lost me with his stupid look and the idea used to back it up - Batman using lesbian boots and walking really hard so all the criminals will hear him.
>>
>>200706802
>Batman using lesbian boots and walking really hard so all the criminals will hear him.
Hated that, Batman is supposed to be stealthy, slides in and out of the darkness without being noticed (unless he wants to be). That whole opening scene on the train platform felt so off, he should've lured one of those gang members into the alley and beat the shit out of him, then thrown his crumpled body back out of the darkness in front of the other gang members. Batman just walking out like "Well, here I am" has never really been his modus operandi
>>
>>200706732
>praises Nolan then shits on “muh realism”
Is this bait? Nolan’s Batman was just that. Gotham looks like Chicago
>>
>>200706931
>Batman is supposed to be
Kek why do comicsfags think that filmmakers need to respect their gay source material 1:1?
>>
>>200705964
It had a cool aesthetic, but the script was complete shit, especially as some kind of pseudo police thriller.
And it was way too long.
>>
>>200706732
I thought this would be a middle ground between Nolan and Burton but it ended up just being 98% Nolan with a bit more style which seemed uninspired.
>>200706760
Not sure if it was Pattinson or the writing.
>>
>>200705964
Looks great, some very good performances, but overrated, derivative, and far too long
>>
>>200707230
>some very good performances
Like? All the cast felt like they were there just for a quick buck form capeshit #6219171234
>>
>>200706760
Catwoman should have been Sarah Gadon
>>
>>200707030
It's more than just the comic books you retarded faggot, there's nuances of the character, the world, the villains and the property that have consistent through lines in every iteration of it, from the comics, to the Burton films, the animated series, the Nolan films, the Arkham games, there's consistent elements that are integral to the characterization of Batman as a character, icon and property.
>>
File: ezgif-2-c919a59efd.jpg (55 KB, 780x438)
55 KB
55 KB JPG
>>200707012
>Is this bait? Nolan’s Batman was just that. Gotham looks like Chicago

Not in Batman Begins, The Narrows was just as stylized as anything in The Batman.

And I'm not just talking about Gotham, I'm talking about everything. Nolan knew when to use the consistent iconography of Batman, I can look at Heath's Joker or Hardy's Bane and know that's who they're playing without being told. If you just showed me Dano's Riddler without context, I'd have no idea who the fuck he was supposed to be outside of being a shitty Zodiac Killer Halloween costume.
>>
>>200705964
>choral version of Nirvana song blocks your path
>>
>>200707664
Dano's Riddler have more in common with Hush than the Riddler himself.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.