[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tv/ - Television & Film

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Belisarius (2).jpg (488 KB, 2048x2048)
488 KB
488 KB JPG
Thread is simple; pitch your long desired tv-show. 1st bit is your title and elevator pitch, 2nd is the best summary you can give. 3rd is background information. Could be fun. I'll start:

>The Last Romans:

"Two low class lovers rise to the height of power and courageously seek to restore an empire."

The show is about the lowborn soldier Justinian and his prostitute lover Theodora, and the inner circle of larger than life characters who retake the city of Rome and restore the Empire to it's former glory. They start at the very bottom of a society riddled with street violence, religious fervor, corruption, and decadence. They must navigate the labyrinthine politics of Byzantium, carefully oversee their entourage who all have agendas of their own, and ultimately reclaim the heart of the Old Empire. The challenge of rebuilding an empire is nothing compared to the power of their love and their dream of a place called "Rome".

Background: Merging the official and "secret" history of Justinian together, to tell a more grounded and spicy story. One part soap opera, one part classical epic, one part gritty realism, with enough historical consulting and careful writing that it would please history nerds and normies alike. Closer in spirit to HBO's Rome, with the perspective shifting from high to low society. 1 big set piece per season. $28 million per episode, save for the set-piece episode, which will have double the budget. Also, I want to see Kit Harington play Belisarius.

No way it would ever get made, but I'd watch the shit out of it.
>>
>>200725810
why change the story of Justinian so much? Its interesting enough as non fiction
>>
shit casting
>>
>>200726731

It's the pitch but also an attempt to keep it as fiction, primarily so we don't end up like Rome where 10+ years of history had to be crammed into one season. Each season could stand alone as a self-contained fictionalized story, so if it didn't get a huge audience, it wouldn't just "fall flat" upon viewing.

That said, the "merging" would be more using the official historical accounts and elements of the secret history to add drama when there are lulls in episodes or during certain arcs. If you tried to do the series purely based on history, you'd end up with characters just rattling off exposition because most people aren't super familiar with the material. How much we'd use would depend on our writers. If it was 95% history, 5% dramatic liberties, I'd be happy. If it was 70% history and 30% liberties, same as long as it isn't ridiculous.

For example, the infamous Theodora and the goose story; if it was done just out of the blue, it would be wierd but, let's say it's when Theodora and Justinian are not yet high-society and are both having to "sell their souls" during an episode to get ahead, there a scene with a goose might work. Might. Depends on how good the writers are.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.