[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tv/ - Television & Film

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: smart_crop_516x290.jpg (62 KB, 516x289)
62 KB
62 KB JPG
The point of the movie is that we're in a hellscape maintained by degenerate psychotics and that any possibility of a better world has been hijacked by even worse scum that would accelerate the entropy to the point of complete and utter desolation. Both of these currents collide and work together. That's the relationship between Immortan Joe and Dementus.

This is why Furiosa is a bleak movie, heroine is too geared up towards revenge because any other impetus is pointless. I think it's the first mainstream movie that openly shits on globohomo, shame it failed to make money.
>>
ah yes I remember watching it thinking "thank god its shitting on globohomo"
>>
File: 1717429357356887.png (54 KB, 2000x2000)
54 KB
54 KB PNG
>>200726413
Go Woke Go Broke
>>
Why are conservaniggers somehow more mentally ill than their liberal counterparts?
>>
>>200726413
It doesn't address globohomo or refers to it and it verifiably panders to globohomo ESG guidelines: the female/POC utopia; the girlbosses; the fact that the black ppl who appear are 1-a victim to be dismembered and 2-a nice girl on the harem who's nice to Furiosa; the vilification of men and the ludicrous last scene with Dementus' genitals becoming a source of nurturing for women.
Any intention that Furiosa had to be an indictment of big corporations is defanged by the fact that it is a corporate product that attempted to enforce the girlboss trope.
>>
>>200726413
Chuds are so one dimensional
>>
>>200726979
So are lefties.
>>
>>200726413
Low quality bait.
First anti-globohomo movie was Birth Of A Nation.
>>
File: 532g43.jpg (78 KB, 1200x675)
78 KB
78 KB JPG
>>200726413
>female protag
>"""strong""" female protag

dear god no, im done with those films
>>
>>200727093
This.
I watched Spirited Away for the first time in over a decade and I thought it was really cool and refreshing that Chihiro was super weak and up against really challenging and convoluted odds. She was just a kid, a nobody, who found herself in a really fucked up situation she eventually triumphed over due to a lengthy period of trial, error, luck, and emotional and intellectual maturity.
I couldn't imagine what a contemporary Western adaptation of it or Alice In Wonderland would look like.
>>
shit movie
>>
can't you retards just watch a movie without your culture war circus
>>
>>200728104
Just don't add culture war burdensome elements to it. Simple as
>>
File: 1656148824222.gif (3.25 MB, 320x320)
3.25 MB
3.25 MB GIF
>entire story takes place in a small parcel of Australia
THIS ABOUT GLOBOHOMO GUISE
>>
>>200729153
>>200726413
How funny would it be to see as a final shot that the entire world Is ok, only Australia turned into a radioactive shit hole, and the rest of the world just ignored them
>>
>>200729205
Mad Max being a collective 1984 scenario for Australia alone would be really fascinating. I'd imagine New Zealand would gain a somewhat mythical status amongst the remaining populace there as being the last bastion of civilization.
>>
>>200726413
If only it was a good movie.
>>
>>200726413
Interesting take, it makes sense with globohomo being Joe's realm, everyone held captive or in poverty.
>>
>>200727661
>I couldn't imagine what a contemporary Western adaptation
Black girl in a wig - bonus points if her nose is wider than her mouth
>>
>>200730223
>Black guy in a wig
fixed it for you, chud
>>
>>200726413
Just follow it through the time, and it doesn't even take long, any war won by another country. It goes back to a normal male/female society getting along.
>>
>>200731156
>Al is in Wonderland
>>
>>200732032
>Spirited Agape
>>
One reason why Furiosa was so good is because there are actually old people in the movie.
When was the last time you saw a large supporting cast of old people in a movie?
For me I think it was The Crucible 1996.
Whenever old people appear in modern movies they always appear in isolation in a sea of a young people, never as groups of old people and never act like real old people.
>>
>>200726413
I was highly offended that Praetorian Jack wasn't a black man. What kind of piece of shit movie has a white couple in 2024?
>>
File: 171974308468573900.gif (1.5 MB, 1069x1069)
1.5 MB
1.5 MB GIF
>>200726413
You have to go back to /pol/ they're not sending their best.
>>
>>200726603
Only losers and the mentally ill are interested in anything except mainstream politics. You were see some handsome sex haver be a leftist or a chud.
>>
>>200726931
You're catering to them by counting, this was an Australian production and had no diversity rider. Men are victimized more by women in Immortan Joe's society.
>>
>>200726413
>The point of the movie is that we're in a hellscape maintained by degenerate psychotics
Immortan did nothing wrong. He didn't even have sex with Young furiosa even though there were no laws against it any more, he chose to allow her to mature out of respect for decency. And she was so fucking sexy, he would have really enjoyed that. But he exercised self control and a displayed a strong moral compass in not immediately taking her to his room and pummeling her cervix with his mutant cock like a boxer on a speed bag.
>>
>>200734817
That's not on Immortan but on the director not being able to do that storyline.
>>
>>200726413
are you deranged, this is a feminist movie, miller is a feminist

fuck off with your benny hill frame rate flicker flick

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.