[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tv/ - Television & Film

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1639813771600.png (336 KB, 497x499)
336 KB
336 KB PNG
>download movie for me and gf to watch
>we never get around to it or never in the mood
>sits on drive for months, have to constantly avoid spoilers
>movie hits netflix
>"oh that movie we wanted to see is on netflix! let's watch it now!"
You dumb fucking whore
I'm going to rape you
Anyone else have similar stories with the ol' ball and chain?
>>
My gf never watches movies with me because I would have to spend 3 good boy points per hour of film and I'd prefer to save them for a ballstomping session
>>
I am 28 and have never kissed a girl before.
>>
I'm 32 and will go in a date with 17 yo tomorrow.
>>
File: setup.jpg (26 KB, 823x567)
26 KB
26 KB JPG
>>200727257
>try my hardest to make pirating comfy
>load an external ssd with movies
>plug it into a laptop connected to a tv
>control the mouse using a controller
>still gives girls the ick
I don't know what else I can do!
>>
>>200727257
Your girl values the collective culture more than your recommendations.
You have little to no voice in your relationship and she will eventually consume you.
>>
>>200727257
What, it hit Netflix now? It must be complete woke shit to be on that network. I don't want to watch it now.
>>
>>200728137
Video game gizmos are like max strength blow dryers for pussies. Just use your phone to access your Plex library.
>>
>>200728287
Plex requires too much setup, but I did get an idea. I could probably get a remote that acts like a mouse. Basically, a wii remote. Hopefully it works.
>>
>>200727257
she's right, the netflix version would be in better quality than the low bitrate compressed garbage you torrented from some russian malware pit.
>>
>>200727586
based
>>200727629
cringe
>>
>>200728137
try using apple products next time
>>
>>200728137
literally just change your icktroller for a phone and it would work
>>
File: 1613209678144.jpg (40 KB, 398x376)
40 KB
40 KB JPG
>>200728739
There are niggercattle that actually believe this kek
>>
You either hate your mom or don't know her. That's not normal behavior
>>
>>200727316
absurdly based
>>
>>200728633
The main problem is that millennial women and zoomers don't use desktops so even having a PC's GUI on-screen makes you seem old.
Plex is great cause it looks just like a streaming site so it tricks her brain into thinking you're getting access to some exclusive library of content instead of fiddling around with sketchy backalley bootlegs. And the quality is far superior, assuming you're torrenting remuxes and not yifyshit.
>>
>>200728977
>And the quality is far superior, assuming you're torrenting remuxes and not yifyshit
elaborate on this
>>
>>200728977
Can I run plex's UI but without any of the complex server shit? It would be nice having a non-ick set up. I remember trying Plex a couple years ago but didn't like how much configuration I had to do to my router.
>>
why do girls get icked by this? i thought their monkey brain would be gleeful at a man who's handy at gathering resources
>>
>>200728977
>Not using Jellyfin instead of Plex.
I would just get a cheap $20 Onn device from Walmart. Install Nova Video Player, setup a network share, and scan the network drive and get the meta data and done.
>>
>>200729223
Some scene groups release high-bitrate copies of movies, usually re-encoded from bluray rips. They're usually 5 to 15 GB and don't get many seeds so you need to start downloading them a day or two in advance, and the quality is so good that you'd need a $3000 dollar TV with a bluray player to tell the difference. Hard to find these days cause RARBG went down so you need to get access to private trackers.

The group called YIFY prioritizes compression over quality, and as a result they're the most popular source for movies. Files range from 1 to 2 GB and have hundreds of seeders so you can actually play them in realtime if you use qBittorrent and enable the 'download in sequential order' option.
Most people are used to watching movies on Netflix and Youtube so for them it's a massive step up, but if you have a good TV or monitor YIFY looks like garbage.
>>
>>200727257
Trivial shit like that should not trigger you. It’s possible you have autism
>>
>>200729348
for them it's like gathering resourses from a trash bin
>>
>>200728137
use Kodi with mini universal remote
its seamless piracy management, and highly customizable so you can make it look how you want. very impressive to normies without seeming tryhard
>>
>>200728633
I never do all this b.s. I just download a movie and just watch it on my laptop.
>>
>>200730532
you can get away with it cause you're alone

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.