[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tv/ - Television & Film

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

CoC follows a character where he witnesses nothing supernatural. Instead researches accounts made by others about supernatural events.
The best way, I think, to bring CoC to the screen is to follow the Ninth Gate.

CoC is in the public domain, Ninth Gate is a road map, so anyone can make a proof of concept adaption.
>>
>>200737666
Solid concept OP
Would watch
>>
>>200737666
kino
>>
>>200737666
Sounds kino.
>>
>>200737666
nice digits, also the ninth gate being coc explaination could be that people mislabelled clthulu as the devil because it was the closest parallel they knew
>>
File: gay ken.gif (1.79 MB, 500x338)
1.79 MB
1.79 MB GIF
>>200737666
>666
>>
>>200737666
who should play the investigator role?
>>
>>200737666
checked and shoggoth-pilled
>>
File: leslie headland.png (133 KB, 248x271)
133 KB
133 KB PNG
>>200739993
Leslye Headland
Her head already exhibits peculiar eldritch angles unable to be explained by conventional geometry.
>>
the protagonist of the ninth gate does witness the supernatural.
>>
That was always the best route to make a horror movie without too much of the usual tricks that plague horror movies.
Which is too make a creepy/eerie crime movie or thriller that deals with the supernatural subject. You can reveal a ghost or a monster here and there or just at the end of it, but even that is not necessary because by genre convention you already have an entertaining enough crime movie or thriller.
>>
>>200739993
Ethan hawke
>>
>>200740094
I agree.
The best horror treats the uncanny as almost mundane, until you realize its implications, which is where the truly horrific dwells.
>tfw I lived in a haunted house as a child and not one movie captures that reality... not one
It could be make for an audience but would be so subtle, most would barely notice.
>>
>>200740068
That hair isn't helping her.
ngl Lesbyan needs a better hairstylist.
>>
>>200737666
Goes to prove not many Lovecraft fans/filmmakers possess the necessary skills of Polanski, to balance all the tonal combo, storytelling, and visual reveals to bring the genre to life.
>>
>>200740068
her face is decidedly non-euclidean
>>
>>200740068
>>200740695
AHH SAVE ME N_GGERMAN!

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.