[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tv/ - Television & Film

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: they live.jpg (150 KB, 600x900)
150 KB
150 KB JPG
>>
I don't get it. What is this movie trying to say? What is the real-world influence and inspiration behind the subversive alien race in this film?
>>
>>200760209
This is the only film I ever got warned about from my ISP for pirating. Really fiddles my diddle
>>
>>200760264
it's those white christian middle class bankers obviously
>>
>>200760264
the white Christian cabal that is currently controlling the US
>>
>>200760264
The director was a libtard, the movie was basically one big “Reagan bad, muh hypercapitalism” wank fest.
>>
>>200760583
Is it true that someone called him out on how clearly this targets them but he cucked out and said it's just MUH REAGAN. No one sane can watch the movie and boil down the message to just that.
>>
>>200760633
One of the billboards hidden messages was literally “marry and reproduce”
>>
>>200760790
>“marry and reproduce”
Back then this was seen as being a mindless conformist drone, funny how it's completely flipped around in just 35 years. I wonder what it'll be in another 35 years.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (92 KB, 1000x631)
92 KB
92 KB JPG
>>200760209
This was me when i first listened to my new pair of WH1000M4 after using the usual cheap Sony ZX110 for so long
>>
boomers watched this movie and said "damn that's deep" and then just became the lizard people anyway

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.