[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tv/ - Television & Film

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: s-l1600~3.jpg (301 KB, 997x1428)
301 KB
301 KB JPG
Does it hold up 20 years later?
>>
It never held up in the first place. Animated movies are the dullest genre in any medium that I think I've seen.
>>
>>200764283
All Shrek movies are good but the first remains best
>>
It's certainly better than the second Kung Fu Panda movie. That one sucked.
>>
>>200764283
This is just personal taste, but even though I grew up with a lot of these movies (early zoomer) that 2000s 3D Dreamworks style is revolting looking, and it's even worse with Shrek where the designs are trying to be ugly and gross. It's an eyesore to look at.
>>
>>200764283
that KNIGHTS bit is still great
>>
Reminder that this was 2004's highest grossing movie
>>
It holds up and its legacy is that it is the best Shrek film
>>
>>200764283
Toy Story 2 is better than 1
Shrek 2 is better than 1.
Terminator 2 is better than 1.
Back to the Future 2 is better than 1.
Top Gun 2 is better than Top Gun 1.
Empire Strikes Back is better than A New Hope.

It's not a universal rule, but I think this belongs on the short list of sequels better than the original.
>>
File: images.jpg (16 KB, 185x273)
16 KB
16 KB JPG
>>200771291
>>200771837
This. It's a retread of the first movie with better CGI and a more confident script. Rewatch it if you like soul.

S2 > PiB2 >> S1
The rest of the franchise is varying degrees of bad.
>>
>>200772035
Personay i dont think s4 is terrible and pis1 is watchable if its like in the backround

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.