[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tv/ - Television & Film

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: TCDOCCC_EC181-1[1].jpg (1.69 MB, 1800x1201)
1.69 MB
1.69 MB JPG
Were there any shows you didn't watch because it was too painful a reminder how much better some people's lives are?
>>
>>200769449
When I was young no, but I stopped watching TV entirely unless it's some obvious sci-fi or fantasy shit that's unrelated to present day, because my life is literally worse than anyone's.
>>
no but the oc, skins, etc. always made me feel lonely when i watched them in high school/early college. now im a 36 y/o wizard spec'd kiss-less and life is never better.
>>
It's not like i felt their life was better, it's wasn't relatable.
Yet i could watch Beverly Hills 90210 with no much issues.
But a show that comes to mind that made think like who's this shit for, it's Entourage.
>>
>>200769664
made a mess with typos
>it's wasn't relatable
it's just it* wasn't relatable
>that made think
that made me* think
>>
>>200769449
i found the oc aspirational
i always identified with seth until i realised i'm not jewish
>>
>>200769449
The politics of California suck ass but I've always envied the weather and location. It's literally a perfect summer day on the beach everyday.
>>
>>200769449

Ummmm, that would be just about every show
>>
>>200769449
My parents were firm believers in the best life comes from living in the shittiest house in the best neighborhood you can afford. Being seen as the dirt poor kid by everyone else sucked but I have to agree that it was nice to never have to think about crime, everything was clean and the local government worked well. The parks were great and never once did I hear anyone complain that our school could not do something due to lack of funds.
Would I have been happier in a middle class area with the joys of diversity but friends who didn't look down on me for not having millionaire parents? I'm not sure. Being seen as the loser your entire childhood is rough but my cousins whose parent took the opposite approach and were the "rich" family in dirtbag neighborhoods had worse outcomes than my siblings and I.
>>
>>200769449
a time before forced blacks

notice they don't force asians or mexicans
>>
I actually watched that show because the girls were hot and my online friends were watching it.
>>
>>200769916

Lived in Cali my whole life. Was great in 1990s and 2010s, but now is a disastrous nightmare of epic proportions. L.A. isn’t even an American city anymore. It’s 90% overrun by foreigners and illegals. The few white people you run across among the hordes of POCs, usually turn out to be Russians. It’s rare to run across English-speaking whites in L.A. anymore unless you go to certain well-to-do areas. Most of the city is non-white. Traveling around you can literally go a whole day without hearing anyone speaking English. It’s that bad.
>>
>>200769449
anything with couples
>>
>MMM WHAT'CHA SAY
>>
>>200770289
There's more to california than just l.a. city retard.
>>
>>200769449
s1 of this show was outstanding
>>
>>200770004
Please give me $100k?
>>
>>200770004
Interestingly, it's actually been shown it's better to be a big fish in a small pond. For example, a student would be better off being at the top of a mid tier school than the bottom of a high tier school.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.