[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tv/ - Television & Film

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: dgkdgf.png (2.62 MB, 1280x960)
2.62 MB
2.62 MB PNG
The first season was really intense but it lost the steam right after
>>
Yeah. They need to end this shit like next season
>>
>>200779930
I liked Season 2. The drop in quality in Season 3 was bad enough that I never bothered to try Season 4. I watched the clip where Homelander lasers that guy's dick off and that was enough for me.
>>
>>200779994
They need to end this shit like two seasons ago
>>
The biggest flaw is that every plot has to be resolved with blackmail since the 7 could easily get rid of the boys if they wanted to
>>
>>200779930
>"Dude, Homelander is killing another guy in a shocking edgt way! Again!"
>>
It kind of feels like every season is:
>Team slowly gets together and then breaks up.
>Everyone shits on Hughie.
>Everyone hates Butcher.
>"We got to stop Homelander!!"
>(Until they don't because of a different threat.)
>Rinse and repeat.
If you did this show in a more conventional way:
>Team forms.
>Hunts down supes and guns for Homelander.
>Tensions between them.
Then it would be fine. I just can't enjoy it because of the structure. I honestly think writers/creatives now are far too reactive to stuff (blame social media) and can't write a basic plot structure.
>>
>>200780028
>I liked Season 2
kys immediately
>>
>>200780111
I kinda wish there was more supe killing. They start off so strong with Transluscent and the supe killing comes to a complete halt. It was cool when Butcher had the Temp V but that didn't last long.
>>
File: 1600314003109.jpg (166 KB, 649x770)
166 KB
166 KB JPG
>>200779930
>it's so edgy it subverts superhero tropes!
>>
>>200780111
They fucked up reducing Homelander's threat level.
They should have had Homelander consider them a funny nuisance after he found out about them, and whenever they end up confronted by him it should immediately fuck up all of their plans. Have scenes where he shows up, does literally nothing but heckle Butcher until he snaps, then just fly away laughing.
>>
>>200779930
never saw it and never will
>>
>>200779930
I'm genuinely confused as to who's the target audience for this show
Capeshit fans disappointed by the lack of dicks and male asses in Marvel movies?
>>
>>200781211
The Incredible Hulk was really weirdly-paced because they had to write around note being allowed to show the Hulk's dick, to be fair.
>>
>>200780462
It's basically satire of a satire at this point. It's so contrived that it becomes the bad capeshit it wants to parody. Homelander is very representative of it.
>>
I'm not shart and/or into capeshit so I don't even know what it's about.
>>
>>200781211
>I'm genuinely confused as to who's the target audience for this show
A whole generation of people turn their noses up at pop culture. Critical culture on YouTube and far too many people having college degrees makes these people feel more intelligent than they are. These people are also too dumb for high art so can only enjoy dumb pop culture and criticise it. The Boys is critical of cape shit whilst also being cape shit and is prime fodder for these new plebs who think they're clever. Hence all the "media literary" stuff. It's for people with a lot of cope.
>>
>>200779930
FLYING SHEEP
>>
>>200779930
First season was pretty okay, 6/10 maybe 7
then it just lost 2 points every subsequent season
>we blackmail you
>aaaaaa I am blackmailed
>now you help us get the big bad
>let's 3v1 the big bad
>no one dies
Who cares
>>
>>200781544
what if superman was bad
>>
>>200779994
Should have ended it last season.
>>
scorched 'erf
>>
>>200780081
No the biggest flaw is that the blackmail is never actually a good deterrent and the 7 should have killed them all long ago

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.