[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tv/ - Television & Film

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1706706554690622.png (700 KB, 615x615)
700 KB
700 KB PNG
is this really what miyazaki is going to leave us with? the movie was okay, but it didn't leave me feeling contemplative about life like his previous films.
>>
>>200785933
That's a big nose!
>>
>>200785933
Why should it be? I imagine an author's last works after becoming old and famous are like the prayers of an old man; no longer willing to risk being a blasphemer or daring in being offensive, but moreso already convinced of his beliefs and ready to die. If art is made from the heart then there comes a point where you finally rest your soul and are incapable of protecting any existencial dread onto your work
>>
what level of pretentious bandwagoning faggot does one need to be at to "feel contemplative" about fucking miyazaki movies
>>
>>200785933
Spirited away was really something else, like a chainsaw to a soul.
>>
>>200785933
Artists are only creative for 10 years. Movie directors, they are no different
>>
>>200786496
To each their own, empathy is based on personal experience and upbringing.
>>
>>200786481
The greatest artists always produce their greatest works at the end of their life, because they keep developing and improving.
>>
>>200785933
I tought the movie was way too long, like the entire movie was a flex of "look at the crazy shit we are showing you"
And the story suffered for it.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.