[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tv/ - Television & Film

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG_6379.jpg (21 KB, 240x101)
21 KB
21 KB JPG
THEODEN HORSE-MASTER
>>
>>200786423
>oh yeah, well these horses punked yo bitchass
>>
>A LESSER SON OF A GREATER SIRES
How do you answer back without sounding mad?
>>
>>200787661
I don’t know, that was a good line
>>
File: Theoden-angry.jpg (145 KB, 1800x900)
145 KB
145 KB JPG
SARUMAN... B-BUTTMASTER!
>>
>>200787692
>*voice in the distance*
>Got'em! Hahaha!
>>
>>200787661
Sauronman the Wise? Sauronman the Fool!
>>
>>200787661
Sauronman the White? Sauronman the NIGGER!
>>
File: theodens-death.jpg (55 KB, 720x480)
55 KB
55 KB JPG
>>200787661
>My body is broken. I go to my fathers. And even in their mighty company I shall not now be ashamed
Are your mighty fathers ashamed of you?
>>
File: 1687202451801392.jpg (14 KB, 165x193)
14 KB
14 KB JPG
>>200786423
SAURUMAN BITCH NIGGA
>>
>>200787661
Honestly it is a great line that plays into Theoden’s greatest insecurities. He knew he wasn’t as great of the kings of old and didn’t have it in him to be one. Not that he didn’t try or wasn’t a good person, he just wasn’t a great person in the historical sense, he didn’t have the personality for it. He lamented that his poor leadership ability was leading to the loss of life and hope of the young people He was just an average dude in a shity position who stepped up to his responsibilities in the end but it shows how Saruman was tearing him down.

Imagine an Angel from god telling you all your insecurities are true.
>>
File: 1699416948713330.jpg (108 KB, 1024x1024)
108 KB
108 KB JPG
>>200786423
why is saruman even talking shit? he's over 100 million years old, these mortals are less alive than ants to him

he also has near unlimited power when he goes back into his celestial form, imagine pissing him off and getting him "killed"

he could haunt the fuck out of all of them in his ghost form
>>
>>200788048
>he also has near unlimited power when he goes back into his celestial form,
No he doesn't. He suffers the same fate as Sauron.
>To the dismay of those that stood by, about the body of Saruman a grey mist gathered, and rising slowly to a great height like smoke from a fire, as a pale shrouded figure it loomed over the Hill. For a moment it wavered, looking to the West; but out of the West came a cold wind, and it bent away, and with a sigh dissolved into nothing.
>>
>>200787943
Probably. I haven't done anything as cool as my great grandfathers. Fighting in wars, constructing towns, establishing law, leading church congregations...
>>
>>200787972
It also plays to the Christian philosophical undercurrent in the LoTR. Eru didn’t chose one of those great kings, he chose the humble flawed king who suffered from self doubt and depression to lead the charge against darkness. Matter of fact one of those great men would never have gotten their armies to pelenor fields. It was Theoden who negotiated with the wises, their historical enemy to have the horses led through the forest paths to cut off the Orc armies and arrive at the battle in time. If he had been who he dreamed of being he never would have brokered peace with the Wosses in the woods.
>>
>>200787972
There's an understated nobility to knowing what you are and are capable of though; by being completely honest you can account for your shortcomings when granted the opportunity.
>>
>>200787692
>and with the utterance of the secret spell, Saruman was vanquished and his spirit carried back to Valinor by the winds of Middle-earth
>>
>>200788096
He had made a ring of his own by the time of LoTR, so one can surmise he had bound up a good portion of his soul into shaping the material world and to the tainted Morgoth element found with in it.

Creation and art weakens you in LoTR. Galadriel was weakened by having just children, before that she was brother of Feanor level powerful. Creating a ring and a 10k orc army devoutly loyal to you is going to bind you hard to the world and limit your power in the long run.
>>
>>200787943
my fathers betrayed me so I dont give a shit
>>
Honestly how do people attack Tolkien for his weak characterization? He doesn’t write them in the modern format with a lot of exposition with internal monologue but it’s there. Bernard Hill was able to give such a strong and relatable performance because Tolkien was able to portray a flawed leader but good man so elegantly through his actions.
>>
>>200788104
You posted here, that’s something.
>>
File: images (12).jpg (6 KB, 318x159)
6 KB
6 KB JPG
>>200788337
>my fathers betrayed me
It is your fault.
>>
I wish under if Christopher Lee ever forgave Peter Jackson for cutting him from the theatrical cut. I know it was a long movie but just completely cutting it was stupid
>>
>>200787661
>Saruman... THE FOOL
>>
What happened to Rohan after the War of the Ring?
>>
>>200788238
>He had made a ring of his own by the time of LoTR
Yeah, a knockoff ring.
>>
>>200787089
kek
>>
>>200786423
Such a sloppy, clumsy scene. I prefer the theatrical version with Saruman simply being trapped inside his tower.
>>200788354
>Honestly how do people attack Tolkien for his weak characterization?
People are used to modern novels essentially being long screenplays. If the characters aren't speaking directly to the reader they miss the character-building.
>>
>>200790645
Eomer became king, think they either made peace with dunlendings or btfo them and had a good time breeding horses and shagging sheep
>>
>>200789357
We don't know because Lee was a bit of a vegetable by the time of the Hobbit and Jackson was just creaming his pants to have Lee's face and voice available to be photoshopped into his capeshit.

Howard Shore was thrown aside like trash in the same way from King Kong, then Hackson Frankensteined his Hobbit score

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.