[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tv/ - Television & Film

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: GKvfvrwWAAAn3p1.jpg (1.34 MB, 1349x1999)
1.34 MB
1.34 MB JPG
Finally we got Hotline Miami adaptation.
>>
Looks like pretentious garbage I'll be sure to check it out
>>
>I spent $20K on a thermal camera to shoot some amateur music video and had to justify the expense by making a experimental "film" - Harmony Korine.
>>
>>200788433
based
>>
>>200788112
Does anyone fart in this movie ?
>>
File: Aggro Dr1ft.webm (3.9 MB, 960x768)
3.9 MB
3.9 MB WEBM
Kino
>>
Infrared really evokes that artificial and video gamey PS2 kind of look
>>
>>200788748
I doubt the thermal camera they used was that advanced to caputre those or either post processing covered all that
>>
>>200788433
Youtubers use more expensive cameras...
>>
>>200790345
Lame. I shan’t be watching
>>
I've been over Korine for a pretty long time. I actually enjoy some of his earlier stuff for its honest depiction of american sleaze. I think Gummo is a rather nice movie, or at least parts of it are. It's when he still felt like he had some interest in making his movies about something.

Somewhere around Trash Humpers he became insufferable. That whole disaffected nihilism shtick, trying desperately to make a point that his little universe of deadbeats, sleazebags and wastoids is the last true vestige of American libertinism... It has always fallen flat. Probably because he has never evolved past being a pretentious hipster kid who doesn't want to admit that he's never been part of the world he seems to admire so much.

I actually sorta respected Trash Humpers because at least that has the decency to look as cheap and ugly as its philosophy is, but then he made Spring Breakers and Beach Bum, which are just as fucking cynical and pointless but also unbearably glossy. And now there's this shit. Infrared, AI imagery, early 00's video game voice acting, and Korine insisting he's laying out the future of cinema there. He's like some sort of evil counterpart to Kevin Smith, doesn't want to admit just what an embarrassing Gen X relic he is and how little anyone cares about his stoned brainfarts.
>>
>>200791381
>Too gay and retarded for Korine

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.