[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tv/ - Television & Film

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG_7262.jpg (259 KB, 960x1422)
259 KB
259 KB JPG
Why didn’t it win Best Picture?
>>
>>200797146
Godfather 2.
>>
midtown
>>
>>200797280
But Chinatown is much better.
>>
>>200797146
Forget it, Jake. It's Chinatown
>>
>>200797346
That's your opinion. They are both two of my favourite films but there are reasonable arguments for voters preferring Godfather over Chinatown just as there are reasonable arguments for the inverse.
It's not a particularly egregious snubbing or anything. One classic film just lost to another.
>>
>>200797146
should have been called 'crisptown'
>>
The 4K transfer looks great. Was a fun movie to rewatch. A little slow at times but I liked it
>>
Am I the only person that thinks this movie is over rated? It's good but there were so many great and gritty movies with the same vibe that came out around the same time and I don't know what this is supposed to do better than those.

Also the entire incest angle felt so fucking out of place. Like it's such a cool and tasteful movie, and then just, bam, deal with this, fuckers.
>>
>>200798653
It’s about how becoming rich and powerful turns you into a degenerate. Remember what Noah Cross says to Jake by the pond at Evelyn’s house?
>>
>>200798653
Name two
>>
File: 1614532542900.jpg (74 KB, 750x498)
74 KB
74 KB JPG
moral of the story
>rich and powerful people can get away with anything even rape of young girls
>>
>>200798794

The Conversation
Long Goodbye
Literally anything from Cassavetes
Friends of Eddie Coyle

Not necessarily noirs but they are rarely regarded as highly as Chinatown when they are arguably as good if not better
>>
>>200798923
That's not a moral, it's common knowledge
>>
It exposed the pedo kikes who run Hollywood
Im supposed Nicholsan wasn’t suicided for his involvement
>>
File: 1713904105433548.jpg (29 KB, 550x550)
29 KB
29 KB JPG
>>200799923
>Im supposed
I'm seeing this complete failure of grammar more and more, you ESLniggers are just slowly butchering the english language until someone notices, aren't you?
>>
>>200798653
>Also the entire incest angle felt so fucking out of place. Like it's such a cool and tasteful movie, and then just, bam, deal with this, fuckers.
Thats one of the reasons why its a classic

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.