[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tv/ - Television & Film

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Gladiators.png (1.34 MB, 1200x902)
1.34 MB
1.34 MB PNG
>Following Maximus's death, Lucilla (Connie Nielsen) sent Lucius to Numidia to protect him from the political intrigue back in Rome.
>Years later, an adult Lucius (Paul Mescal) lives with his wife and son, resents his mother for abandoning him and hates Rome.
>Roman forces led by General Marcus Acacius (Pedro Pascal) arrive to conquer Numidia. Lucius's wife and son are killed, and Lucius is sent back to Rome as a slave.
>Acacius was trained by Maximus and is now married to Lucilla. He regrets his actions, but corrupt co-emperors Geta (Joseph Quinn) and Caracalla (Fred Hechinger) coerce him into obeying them by threatening Lucilla.
>Lucius's combat skills attract the attention of Macrinus (Denzel Washington), a former slave turned wealthy merchant who has a grudge against the emperors and decides to train and sponsor Lucius as a gladiator as part of a greater plan to destroy Rome.
>Lucius and Lucilla don't recognize each other at first, but once they do, Lucilla attempts to reconnect with her son and help him survive.
>As Lucius begins gaining popularity and riling up the masses against the emperors like Maximus once did, Geta and Caracalla become obsessed with taking down, and ultimately force Acacius to fight Lucius in the arena.

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/story/paul-mescal-pedro-pascal-gladiator-ii-first-look
>>
>>200801379
The plot is not far from the original, it better be super epic or else it's gonna be barely entertaining.
>>
>>200801379
>Caracalla
i already know there will be a scene in which he grants everyone roman citizenship and all the diverse characters will rejoice and stick it to the roman chuds
they are so predictable it's not even funny anymore
>>
>>200802019
Caracalla is one of the antagonists, my dude.
>>
>conquer Numidia
Why would they conquer a province of the Roman empire?
>>
>>200801379
>another evil white men do an empire-war and plucky diverse heroes must band together to le stop them
>>
>>200802496
>my dude
suck my asshole fella. slurp that shit deep and maybe you'll learn something
>>
>>200803909
just like real life
>>
>>200801876
Joseph Quinn looks like he's bringing cuntery back to scheming Romans, more than Derek Jacobi's boomer taste ever allowed him. & no way does Denzel not walk away with the movie, as another morally gray operator but in flaming frocks.
>>
>>200801379
Of all the movies, this is one of the last ones that needed a sequel. I hope it flops.
>>
>>200801379
Looks related to Amerigo Vespucci, an Italian and father of the America's.
>>
>>200801379
Sounds pointless... just like Ridley "The Cuck" Scott.
>>
File: file.png (1.73 MB, 896x899)
1.73 MB
1.73 MB PNG
>>200801379
production quality looks awful. compare this garbage armor to what maximus was wearing in the first one. competency crisis in one picture
>>
>>200802019
It'd be kino because it'd show how fake these people are

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.