[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tv/ - Television & Film

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: troy.jpg (272 KB, 921x1390)
272 KB
272 KB JPG
this film is pure kino
why does it filter so many on /tv/?
>>
>>200802334
Cause it’s kinda dull to be honest.
>>
>>200802334
The amount of whites confuse most american viewers
>>
>>200802334
Brad Pitt doesn't like this movie because he's front and center too much, he feels it's unsubtle lmao. Several actors in it didn't like the director and don't like the movie, it's great though
>>
>>200802334
Kino
>>200802455
European royalty marrys nigs lol
>>
>>200802334
it's not kino. It's makes Zack Snyder look sophisticated.
>>
>>200802334
Read the fucking book.
>>
>good actors
>good sets
>epic battles
>great ost
I think the three issues are Paris, Helen and Achilles. I don't really care about them. Hector should have been the lead.
>>
>>200802334
it buckbroke mythologyfags to see the story with actual humans
>>
>>200802455
>brings up race and America out of nowhere
wtf?
>>
>>200802334
Because the characters don’t talk in dactylic hexameter.
>>
>>200802334

>get up Prince of Troy... I shall not have my glory be taken by a stone

>who are you... Achilles, I'll remember the name

>that's why no one will remember your name

absolute Kino. Also the part where peter otoole asks for Hectors body is well acted
>>
The ridiculous CGI with like 80,000 ships on the sea. This was the era of epic movies, but with only 3-4 actual actors; the rest was all cgi'd. It lent an insincerity to it.
>>
Listen up! TROY is More than just a movie, TROY is a species of time machine. In a most compelling and exciting way, it will transport you to a time and place far away! To the Greek islands of over three millennia ago, to be precise!

For those of you with a good Home Theater, this film will provide two hours of historical battles, conducted in a very realistic and impressive way, spectacular vistas of both land and sea, seamless digital effects that are difficult to distinguish from reality, and for women, a well-oiled Brad Pitt projecting a multifaceted and enigmatic Achilles, whose performance was highly underrated by critics.

In contrast, Orlando Bloom (Lord of the Rings , Pirates of the Caribbean) as Paris was somewhat indecipherable, leaving one with the question of whether the lack of character in his portrayal of Paris, was intentional or due to an underpar performance. The rest of the cast appears to be generally well chosen (with the exception of Diane Kruger in the role of Elena, who looked like a mechanical porcelain figurine) and bestows a resonance and a dimension to this historical drama rarely seen in a movie of this genre.
>>
>>200805859
If we have AI that does picture to video NOW... imagine how we will soon have AI that will do movies to VR.

It will put you in the movie to the point you can practically smell Brad Pitt's junk

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.