[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tv/ - Television & Film

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

I get that this was a better time but I would not want to go back to having to waste time, money and gas to drive to one of these corporate shitholes just to pick up and then have to return plastic junk. Not happening. Torrents are always going to be better and have way more kino for free.
>>
>>200803866
You sound fat.
>>
The effort of doing that made the kino watching experience better.
>>
>>200803903
I hate fat people so no.
>>
>>200803866
You sound like you secrete söy from your tits
>>
Spending money, time and gas makes kino better? Nope. It made it more wasteful. I spent too many hours inside a Blockbuster when I was a boy doing nothing but deciding what to get. It was a complete waste of time.
>>
>>200804006
Fat people sicken me. I bet you own Blurays.
>>
>>200803866
My Blockbuster was this dude that would chill behind a laundromat with tarp on the floor and all the BEST movies out on display. $2 a movie and it was MINE. He even went the extra mile and printed the DVD covers and had cases for them too, and right next to him was a box by the trashcan that looked like trash but instead it was full of switchblades, ninja stars, and even other “stuff.” If you wanted to buy anything from that box you’d have to buy a movie and then show him what grabbed from the box and then he’d incorporate the price into the movies you bought. One day he was just gone, not unlike Blockbuster.
>>
it cost like 3 cents worth of gas to get to your local blockbuster. and that's when cars were only getting 10 mpg.
>>
>>200804928
Cars never got only 10 mpg. Stop exaggerating.
>>
>>200803866
Lol I worked there thirty years ago lol
>>
>>200803866
>torrents are always
Don't be so sure. Don't forget that the machine requires % growth every single year. DEI is already about scraping the bottom of the barrell to get everyone who isn't in prison and has a pulse to pay for media. There WILL come a time when they need that tiny <1% revenue that they lose to piracy, and your """representatives""" will absolutely erect a china-esque firewall the moment they are commanded to by their donors. Both Microsoft AND Intel are working on software/hardware respectively that monitors what you watch and where it's sourced on an OS/CPU level.
>>
>>200804928
Um no
>>
>>200803866

I remember Blockbuster at the end

>Trying to check out some videos.
>"Oh, you have $17 in late fees on your account, you'll have to pay before you rent."
>What? That makes no sense.
>"You rented four movies and a game last weekend and they were a day late."
>I tell them no way they were late, I returned them all on time, I was extra careful because this was the third time in a row I got hit by late fees to death and my parents weren't gonna let me rent if I was late again, I took a picture and everything of me returning it using my digital camera, show me where it says that they were late.
>I show him the picture of me returning the videos holding a newspaper with the little digicam time stamp.
>I was expecting a fight or some pushback or having to see a manager.
>"....You know what? I think we can wave the late fees this time."
>.....Okay?

Turns out Blockbuster was fabricating late fees the whole time. They'd target families that would return videos to the drop box on the last day since oftentimes different people would be returning the videos than renting and that's trickier to keep track of. When people would call them out on it, Blockbuster policy was to just quietly 'waive the late fees'. They finally got caught and lost a class action law suit over it. I got into huge trouble multiple times by my parents for not returning videos on time.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, fuck Blockbuster. I'm glad Netflix killed them.
>>
>>200803866
>one of these corporate shitholes
kek the irony of posting this in 2024

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.