[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tv/ - Television & Film

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 12 AM.png (91 KB, 181x278)
91 KB
91 KB PNG
/tv/ seems to hype this as 50s equivalent of Drive. can you guys give me a qrd, please? is it a movie I can 2x-speed it or do I have to watch it?
>>
>>200805686
Its babbys first B&W. Next you're going to make a post about Citizen Kane, right?
>>
>>200805686
Loses its luster when you realize that the kid is clearly guilty and Fonda’s bleeding heart arguments collapse under the slightest scrutiny
>>
>>200805686
the real 50s Drive is Kiss Me Deadly
>>
File: FAIL-SAFE.jpg (2.2 MB, 3000x1688)
2.2 MB
2.2 MB JPG
Yes it's legitimately worth watching, not just in a "dude this old movie was so important for le cinema" but genuinely as a good movie.

Sidney Lumet is a great director and everyone should watch more of his filmography, I highly recommend Fail-Safe
>>
>>200806632
>Fail-Safe
aka the american version (cheap and dumbed down) of Doc Strangelove
>>
>>200806705
Fail-Safe is superior, Dr. Strangelove is the dumbed down quirky version while Fail-Safe is the serious legitimate one. Kubrick was aware of how great Fail-Safe is so he and the pussy ass jew studio sued Lumet for adapting the same novel as him and Lumet had to postpone the release with Kubrick getting all the attention and Lumet releasing it under the shadow.

Fail-Safe is so great it should be played in schools as a mandatory viewing for everyone, while Strangelove is just a quirky war satire. Also Henry Fonda plays the best on-screen american president in cinema history, period.
>>
>>200805686
they literally proved the kid was innocent. Did anyone here actually watch the movie?
>>
>>200805686
the qrd isn't available
>>
>>200807053
>proved he was innocent
lol, lmao
>>
>>200807053
He's guilty. Just a lot of "what if's" being thrown about.
>>
>>200805686
Early Boomerlib cinema, but the performances and pacing are really good. It's a good movie, but the early signs of mainstream liberalism that plagued the '60s is palpable. A ton of liberal slanted courtroom dramas were spawned from this in the next couple of decades.
>>
>>200807053
The message of the movie is literally "he probably DID do it, but does he really deserve to be executed for murdering his abusive piece of shit father?" The answer is probably no in this case, but like I said, it's a liberal cherrypicking movie that sides with perpetrators over victims.
>>
>>200807024
Based. It's a great movie, one of my favourites. Far, far better than Strangelove. Lumet is really underrated as a director and it's such a shame that films like Fail Safe go under the radar.
>>
>>200805686
12 men in a small room, shouting about blacks and legal concepts for 90 min
Its aged ok but the script felt clunky
>>
>>200805686
yes, its kino.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.