[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tv/ - Television & Film

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG_6115.jpg (161 KB, 650x933)
161 KB
161 KB JPG
Can I get a quick rundown on Heisei-era Godzilla?
>>
Monsters look scarier, but the fights are boring.
>>
>>200810065
Godzilla hugs other monsters. Beams. Retarded human plot with broken english.
>>
>>200810065
>return of godzilla
Takes itself more seriously than the late-era Showa movies.
>godzilla vs biollante
Takes itself seriously still but has a more schizo sci-fi plot
>godzilla vs king ghidorah
One of the wackiest movies in the franchise, sillier than even more of the Showa films.
>the final four
Take themselves more seriously than vs King Ghidorah, but retain a lot of the usual Godzilla sci-fi and fantasy elements like fairies and aliens.
>>
>>200810339
>more
*most
Also should mention that my favorite of these is Godzilla vs King Ghidorah. Stands out a lot because of how insane it is, up there with movies like Godzilla vs Megalon and Godzilla Final Wars.
>>
>>200810065
it's the best godzilla era aside from the current one
>>
>>200810478
Godzilla (Toho) eras ranked best-to-worst
>showa
>millennium
>heisei
>reiwa
>>
>>200810065
shared continuity between movies but they are faggots about it and hassle you call backs the entire time. If they reference something that already happened it's usually just that everyone knows about Godzilla existing and if they reference anything more specific they usually show some of the old footage and explain it to you. Other than that it's generally pretty solid. Vs King Ghidorah is crazy wacky, and Vs Spacegodzilla can arguably be skipped and is filler, but overall it's pretty good. Last time I marathoned all of them I remember thinking I liked them all alot more than I previously remembered
>>
>>200810065
Everything after vs. King Ghidorah is shit. they start pitch shifting his roars so he does a squeaky minya roar and it's retarded
>>
>>200810065
>Return of Godzilla/Godzilla 1985
Decent reboot. Very atmospheric and wonderfully 80s. The American version has more dynamic editing and improved sound effects. I'm probably in the minority here, but I find it better than the Japanese version.
>Godzilla vs. Biollante
In my opinion the best Godzilla movie after the 1954 original. Great story, interesting themes, best special effects in the entire series.
>Godzilla vs. King Ghidorah
Fun "kitchen sink" Godzilla movie but a step down from Biollante. Great miniatures and suitmation, some bad compositing.
>Godzilla vs. Mothra
Unfairly maligned. Not as good as the original but a perfectly enjoyable update. Final battle in Yokohama is entertaining as hell, it's like a laser light show. Only major complaint is that it's far more of a Mothra movie than a Godzilla movie.
>Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla
One of my personal favorites in the franchise. Well-written, likable characters, plenty of monster action, good balance of humor and drama.
>Godzilla vs. Spacegodzilla
The most "Showa" of the Heisei movies. The initial island setting is fun, but it goes downhill from there until the final battle happens. It's a good fight, though. The visual effects are very uneven due to the rushed production, but at least the Godzilla suit and animatronic effects are very good here.
>Godzilla vs. Destroyer
Very overrated. A pointlessly mean-spirited and depressing movie. Not much more to say about it.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.