[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tv/ - Television & Film

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

>le strong medieval woman the show
>>
>>201650230
>le
Ironically being reddit is still being reddit.
>>
>>201650230
>almost quadruple the dragons of GoT
>do almost nothing with them unless it's to kill another off
Best thing of season 1 was Daemon and Caraxes shenanigans and we can't even get that this season
>>
>>201650420
>all of the dragons and riders could have long stretches of interacting and training and the dragons' personalities all start to become apparent
>no, too 'spensive
>>
I clapped.
>>
>>201650230
Strong? They're both idiots and the men around them(who are also idiots) keep pointing out how dumb and useless they are.
>>
>>201650745
>>
Aegon, Aemond, Daemon, Otto. These are all the characters I care about.
>>
>>201651400
You expect the retards on this board to actually watch the stuff they whine about?
>>
>a man rules
>keeps the peace and is known for avoiding conflict
>the second he dies women take over and throw both the family and country into utter chaos and calamity

Yep sounds about right
>>
>>201650230
it bothers me whenever people use the phrase medieval in relation to shows like this.

"medieval" relates to a historical period of Europe, the Middle Ages, which lasted from approximately 500 to 1500 AD.

GOT/HOTD takes place in a fantasy kingdom, on a planet which is not planet earth. please make a note of it.
>>
File: regency_denied.webm (3.82 MB, 960x480)
3.82 MB
3.82 MB WEBM
>>201650230
not anymore
>>
Even Reddit is complaining the characters are being whitewashed.
>>
>>201653325

The showrunners are trying to put the emphasis of the killing and the dying on men. They frame the use of violence by those characters they deem correct in their political prism to be right and just.

That old bitch killing a bunch of people with her dragon when escaping kings landing? No worries at all. Powerful woman moment.
>>
>>201653427
>Deaf viewer "What is happening?"
>>
>>201653601
The ratcstchers though
>>
>>201653427
>why can't these CHUDS understand that I served on the council while Viserys was sick? And thus should always be in power forever?
>>
>>201653617
>HWHUT ESH APPOON NEENGH
>>
>>201651400
Watching HOTD is a strange experience. On one hand, just from watching the show, I walk away with the same impression as you. They're both spineless, stupid, bitches which is constantly pointed out to me. But at the same time I get a strong feeling that the writers want me to see Rhaenyra and Alicent as wise and moderate rulers trying to tard wrangle stupid boys.
>>
File: IMG_3039.jpg (88 KB, 640x566)
88 KB
88 KB JPG
>>201653087
>no sigma cole
>>
File: 8fdmz8gdyhaa1.jpg (421 KB, 544x800)
421 KB
421 KB JPG
>hated by Alicent and Rhaneyra
>bags both of them
>makes women all around the world seethe
>they all still want him
What is the secret?
>>
The lesbian makeout scene in the latest episode was impeccable.
>>
>>201653968
The writers really hate him kek
His death is kinda pathetic but it will be all the more kino for it
>>
>>201654383
use spoilers
>>
File: COLE TRAIN.jpg (397 KB, 1264x1088)
397 KB
397 KB JPG
>>201654363

The WHORE of Dragonstone doing what she does best Daemon wouldn't be upset if he learned about it, he would demand to join next time
>>
>>201650394
Reddit doesn't say le anymore.
>>
File: 1721709743955971.webm (1.79 MB, 1920x960)
1.79 MB
1.79 MB WEBM
Next season will be better.
>>
>>201653893
Literally me
>>
>>201653852
Little of both. I think the writers genuinely want us to think Rhaenyra would be a good Queen, and that Alicent is doing her best. Their moderate attitudes are portrayed as noble.
On the other hand, both of them do some objectively stupid things, and Rhaenyra flat out admits that her council is right that she doesn't know shit about fighting a war. Their compassion for each other is a huge liability that will get more people killed in the long term. If the Greens had come out the gate swinging, they probably could have ended the war before it really started. But Alicent dragged her heels, Rhaenyra has spent weeks doing fuck all, and now both sides have built up enough forces that the war will become a brutal grind.
>>
>>201654927
It's shitty they changed it. Rhaenyra has the rightful claim but she's objectively a bad person in the book which adds to the contest over the ascencion. In the show, she's a wise woma and a good ruler, and has the rightful claim, turning greens into batlantly greedy usurpers, and the story into a regular good vs evil Marvel story. The complete opposite of what GRRM wanted to evoke in the readers in Blood and Fire regarding the Dance of the Dragons. The showrunner and writers are not qualified to adapt this story.
>>
>>201650230

I LOVE THAT IT HAS TONS OF BLACK PEOPLE AND PUSHES RACE-MIXING IN EVERY EPISODE

THATS THE MOST IMPORTANT THING IN TV TODAY
>>
>>201653334

Yes, but in that fantasy kingdom, on a planet which is not planet earth, it’s their own version of a medieval period.

Even GRRM has stated that.

So calling it a medieval setting it actually perfectly fine.
>>
>>201650420
The cartoon dragons are the gayest part of the entire franchise
>>
>>201650847
I’ll clap harder when Daemon sends them off to burn as a decoy army fed to Vhagar while he takes kings landing. He even lets them think they schooled him before his heel-face-heel door slam
>>
>>201655287
I wouldn't put these people in charge of a CW fantasy series. How the fuck do they get a gig like this
>>
>>201650230
The problem is not strong women per se, but that we're supposed to perceive them as strong and capable when they're weak, stupid, and incompetent.
>>
>>201650230
>women do nothing and complain while men around them do everything: the show
A scathing commentary of the real world, how'd they do it?
>>
>rhaenera shows up
>alicent complains about the fact the war is about to happen no matter what
>knows that capturing her would force the blacks to heel and bend the knee
>lets her leave anyway
She's the biggest idiot. Even dumber than sneaking into your enemies stronghold to talk to an old "friend". Absolutely retarded stuff. Dumber than daemon not just walking into the red keep himself and killing his nephew(s) instead of hoping a rat catcher and a guard could do it. I want to believe the point is that everyone involved is stupid. I must believe that. Because if not I'm watching a show made by idiots about idiots for idiots.
>>
>>201659663
>Dumber than daemon not just walking into the red keep himself
That would be dumber, why would you send a valuable dragonrider on a risky infiltration mission?
>>
>>201660265
He did that himself!
>>
>>201653334
Even George refers to his world as 'back then'. Of course it's a medieval setting.
>>
File: Hotd.jpg (67 KB, 898x779)
67 KB
67 KB JPG
you guys wont believe me but i came up with the "le" meme. i started it on 4chan but i guess it took off on reddit. i was in french immersion class thats why i started saying le online as a joke. sorry bros.
>>
>>201660553
Actually George, or as I like to call him GRRM, is referring to back then literally. As in the time he got isekai'd to westeros and decided to tell us about the history of the land he lived on.
>>
i know nothing about the books, but what i truly want to see is vagar absolutely scorch rhaeynyra and her petty dragon, and then an epic battle between daemon and aemond, resulting in aemond chopping daemons fucking head off. it would be cathartic to all of us who were bullied as children and grew up to be bitter misfits.
>>
>>201650847
i clap in every Alys coaching Daemon scene too.
>>
>>201650230
>le strong medieval woman
>gets literally everybody else killed, exactly as men predicted

Why are chuds seething now?
>>
>>201661110
womyn strong!!!
>>
File: 1694719470020.jpg (147 KB, 1030x726)
147 KB
147 KB JPG
>>201660594
>>
>>201653968
>>What is the secret?
>be handsome
>do whatever you want
>>
But they aren't that's the fucking problem. The entire series is framed thru a modern feminist lens. so all the women are victims of patriarchy.
>What will Cersei do next?
who the fuck knows she's a crazy bitch
>What will Alicent do next?
Be ignored because vagina.
>>
>>201650230
I dropped this piece of shit last week. Or was the the week before? Anyway nothing happened the entire episode except for several women blabbering on about how strong and capable they were, meanwhile they never do anything strong or capable, they just constantly fuck things up. I realized I was wasting my time and cut my losses.
>>
>>201650230
Women were fiercer and blackeder back in olden times. Who knew?
>>
>>201650230
The writers are cowards and hacks. In their sad and misguided attempt to make "strong" female characters who refuse to bend to the will of men who dare to criticise them, they instead make them incompetent, blind to their own flaws and lacking the spine or foresight for leadership.
>>
>>201653427
>The literal white noise of the patriarchy
>>
>>201651400
Except the writers are so gynocentric that they can't see when a woman is weak or dumb in a show - they simply see woman and see strength and intelligence no matter what she says or does. And vice versa with men.

All of the characters are utterly disposable.
>>
>>201650230
The show was made for women you retards
>>
>>201660810
You're gonna get some of what you want, but not the way you want it
>>
>>201650230
Doesn't that only apply to Alicent? Rhaenyra is supposed to be a huge whore and a total asshole.
>>
>>201662961
>Rhaenyra is supposed to be a huge whore and a total asshole.
That's a model woman to these people
>>
>>201653617
Anon... the subtitles would still be there
>>
File: IMG_8373.png (433 KB, 509x757)
433 KB
433 KB PNG
>>201659663
In the proper timeline, Alicent realizes this, reveals Rhaenyra to the guards and the whore of dragonstone is never heard from again. Maybe there would even be some kino semi-canon comic made of all the kinky things Larys does to her in the black cells.

We would then see the blacktroon movement collapse as the bastards and mutts are executed by the true kings forces and then every summer islander and mystery meat Rhoynar larping as sandals get deported.
>>
>>201650230
i hate all female characters in this show. i love the male characters tho'. they just do it better
>>
>>201663554
Your post makes you seem like a homosexual (male).
>>
>>201654363
It's so tiresome.
>black velarions making the whole plot of "is she a whore or not, let's look at her children and wonder if they're bastards " null
>muh daemon is a sexist pig
>i'm gonna scissor this bitch that just told me she's a rape victim, MEN BAD
If i keep rolling my eyes they're gonna roll off the sockets.
>>
>>201653427
why does this show look so dull and ugly, jesus
>>
>>201664859
its made by feminists, for feminists
>>
>>201650230
Does it have more foot stuff?
>>
>>201663599
i just hate women, they're simply not on our level. And admiring men doesn't mean you're gay
>>
File: imagesvu.jpg (5 KB, 299x168)
5 KB
5 KB JPG
>>201666683
>i just hate women, they're simply not on our level. And admiring men doesn't mean you're gay
>>
>at least 4 episodes of Daemon stuck in Overlook Hotel having dream sequences
>too many scenes set in the chamber for the small council with occasional switches to other outside locations
>too many scenes in Dargonstone's war room
I tire of this shit.
>>
>>201650230
Franchise is already in the third quadrant.
>>
Retard, its the quite opposite, it shows how woman are just a piece of meat and exist just to continue the bloodline, Alicent was a tool for his father to be in power, the moment she breeds the sucessor of the king she is not important to the story but the showrunners are trying really hard to make us care for us, Rhaenyra as a spoiled kid can only trust people that agree with her and it coincides that are the people that she wants fo fuck.
The show is just black pilled, the writters don't understand the source material and are missing the point trying to make us care for the drama of the two WHORES QUEENS.
>>
File: aemond.png (649 KB, 544x911)
649 KB
649 KB PNG
*saves your second season*
>>
>>201654783
We never did
>>
>>201650230
most of the season is them getting mansplained tho
>>
>>201663554
>i hate all female
>i love the male
>>
gay men go 5 seconds without crying about women in in television challenge level - impossible
>>
Are there more feet?
>>
And I would have watched it if they fucked. Fact!

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.