[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tv/ - Television & Film

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

It hits me every time.
>>
>>201657923
Sam got the best ending of all the characters
>>
>>201657923
For me it's the second breakfast line.
>>
>>201657923
theoden burying his son is a better scene, and is the best scene in the whole trilogy
>>
>>201657923
No.
Boromir's death. That was the most well done.
Sam was a better person, but Boromir trying to do the right thing after having failed to do so just hits better.
That he died for his failings, but kept trying to keep up regardless, just ... damn.
>>
Unironically it's this scene
https://youtu.be/Rag_9J1ZC2g?si=vXicNB5aLnvxgZUr
>>
>>201658734
Best in Twin Towers, assuredly.
Still not up to Boromir's death in my opinion.
>>
>>201658768
Forgot that one.
Really good one.
Still partial to Boromir though.
>>
>>201657923
"Meats back on the menu boys" makes me turn on the waterworks every time. Those poor orcs finally get sweet relief after days of suffering.
>>
>>201657923
sam is coping so hard
>>
Thank fucking god we got this amazing trilogy before diversity quotas came along

Apart from Morgan Freeman in the green mile, I find it very hard to see a black performance that compares to most white actors, and yes it is because I am likely racist
>>
>>201658754
>I would have followed you to the end, my brother. My captain. My king
>>
File: moria2.png (402 KB, 1191x551)
402 KB
402 KB PNG
>>201657923
Only real niggas understand
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCSiHrUVldk
>>
>>201658900
>weeks of non-stop jogging
>nothing but stale, moldy bread
>casual cannibalization of orcs to get much needed protein
Gotta stay buff if you're an Uruk-hai
>>
>>201659022
>I find it very hard to see a black performance that compares to most white actors, and yes it is because I am likely racist
Allow me to point you to every single performance from James Earl Jones. Especially Thulsa Doom
https://youtu.be/wgN1sLcAQnw?si=CDLEuP5wIM5WhGyr
>>
>>201659022
Don't fret.
Being racist is just being intelligent enough to recognize patterns and honest enough to admit them.
Being "not-racist" is the mind death. It is the bending a knee for social acceptance when your mind screams otherwise.

Just watch RoP to see the mind death in action.
And yes, thank the Most High that we got the best they could ever offer before the end.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (82 KB, 1280x720)
82 KB
82 KB JPG
Theodred's Funeral.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkjeoINcK_w
>>
My personal favourite is Celeborn's face when Legolas mentions Morgoth in this scene
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdD6Cte8HrU&t=112s
>>
>>201659133
>they are actual joggers
the world conspires to make these "coincidences"
>>
>>201659138
Exceptions help prove the rule.
And not every one of his scenes are gold, just as every actor fails.
He just seems so much better because of what he competes with.
>>
Normie pick but I'm going to have to go with Frodo and Gandalf meeting in the Shire. Concerning Hobbits is one of my favorite pieces of film score ever and both actors do an absolutely fantastic job. Wood in particular feels like he is genuinely meeting his favorite person in the world after a long absence.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qglEeUSqgu4
>>
File: still some good.jpg (1.28 MB, 1784x3164)
1.28 MB
1.28 MB JPG
>>201657923
LOTR is far-right.
>>
It's Theodan's speech before the Battle of Pelenor Fields
>>
>>201657923
>Is this the best moment in the LotR trilogy?
Literally every scene a painting
the entire trilogy is the best moment
>>
>>201657923
>You bow to no man
Never in my life seen my dad tear up at a movie but he did watching the end of Return of the King on a 480p TV on vacation in Iceland, I did as well. My mother was balling
>>
>Who am I, Gamling?
>You are our king, Sire
>And do you trust your king?
>Your men will follow you to whatever end
>To whatever end... Where now are the horse and the rider? Where is the horn that was blowing? Where is the helm and the hauberk, and the bright hair flowing? Where is the harp on the harpstring, and the red fire glowing? Where is the spring and the harvest, and the tall corn growing? They have passed, like rain on the mountain, like a wind in the meadow. The days have gone down in the West, behind the hills, into shadow. Who shall gather the smoke of the deadwood burning, or behold the flowing years of the sea returning?
>>
File: 4.jpg (99 KB, 1280x720)
99 KB
99 KB JPG
>>201659174
K
I
N
O

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0Mtlklmna0
>>
>>201659138
okay this is true because I also remember that episode of house that he stole as the dictator from whatever part of Africa that was about to commit genocide.
>>
>>201658900
>I do not take orders from Orc Faggots.
>>
>>201659022
>morgan freeman in green mile
kek
>>
>Farewell, Frodo Baggins. I give you the light of Earendil, our most beloved star
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9FdKBVpkec
>>
>>201657923
>my friends, you bow to no one
>>
For me?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0HPeNPOOamw
>>
Samwise was Tolkein’s educated upper-class take on the British working class. He’s a dumb servant, can’t read maps, happy and stupid and dependable. Just wants to sit in a pub and drink beer. He’ll come with the rich and powerful people on their insane quest to meddle in world politics (e.g. world war 1) and suffer endless hardship, but it’s all worth it for his lord’s approval. Even if he has to do the actual heavy lifting in the end after Sir Winston gets greedy. He just eats it and eats it and then goes back home without complaining. Then at the end of his life he gets to be Duke Penistone’s gardener in Heaven.
>>
I'm writing a fantasy story anons, I hope one day it will have even a fraction of the meaning for people that LotR does :)
>>
File: Spoiler Image (309 KB, 1800x900)
309 KB
309 KB JPG
https://youtu.be/J5JNDEZeJ7o?si=n3I0Bg1_xc2MMjtU
>>
>>201659394
I got choked up involuntarily the first time I saw this. It was awesome to see what the fellowship really felt about the hobbits and what they went through.
>>
>>201659463
Stunningly wrong and factually incorrect. Please actually read the books then consider suicide.
>>
>>201657923
For me it's when they fall down the hill and then merry says he thinks he broke something and holds up a broken carrot LOL gets me every time
>>
>>201659578
Don't worry
It won't :)
>>
>>201659735
Sent ;)
>>
>>201659701
Don't bother. Communists always look for the worst in any traditional, healthy relationships.
It is the only way they can think their way is better.
>>
>>201659701
literally all of it is in the text
>>
>>201659771
If you had a friend that you saw as an equal which one of you would call the other one "mister?"
>>
>>201659792
Except for the part where the book consistently praises Sam for his humble outlook on life multiple times and contrasting it with noble intentions from "greater" men that are constantly led astray, and how after leading the rebellion against Saruman in the Shire he becomes Mayor for the rest of his life, gets a hot piece for a wife and sires a dozen children while Frodo is wounded forever and ultimately dies alone in Valinor?

Don't ever talk to me again.
>>
>>201659905
I call my closest friends, sir.
Respect and friendship are not exclusive.
Just because you grow close to someone does not mean you would immediately change how you speak to them. Habits are hard to break
>>
>>201658144
>marry the town bike
>didn't get a chance to see the literal gods
>Pip and M got each other to talk to about the greatest adventure of their era, Sam literally has to ask permission to his wife to get a beer with them, and he can't come back wasted nor past 11
>best ending
>>
>>201659394
This right here, still get shivers every time I see it. You have a heroic king of men, blood of the first men running through his veins and before all of the most powerful people in the world he declares that these little hobbits deserve more respect and honor than anyone. Absolute kino
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9VWhHJaSjA
>>
>>201660013
>marry the bike
Rosie a cutie and wouldn’t, she had eyes for Sam
>didn’t get to meet the gods
Sam was allowed to go to Valinor as a ring bearer and did so after Rosie died, as did Gimli and Legolas
>Merry and Pip are the chads
Yes, the tallest hobbits of all time, but Sam was elected Mayor so he’s Chad too, and Rosie worked at the tavern, she would probably drink with Sam and his friends all the time. You’re a seething nonwhite
>>
>>201659792
>>201659463
Or you could just read the Hobbit, where Thorin essentially renounces exactly what you said

Tolkien made it much more blatant because the Hobbit skewed younger
>>
>>201659792
Sam rejecting the rings influence when it promises him the power to turn the entire world into a paradise of green, with flowers and all kinds of food growing richly in his soil by simply staying “my garden back home is more than enough for a hobbit like me” is one of the most kino pieces in the entire book.
>>
>>201657923
Specifically from the films: "Where does my allegiance lie if not here? This is the city of the Men of Numenor. I will gladly give my life to defend her beauty, her memory, her wisdom."
Combination of a few lines from elsewhere in the books into a perfect scene.
>>
>>201659022
>Morgan Freeman in the green mile
????
>>
>>201660013
>shieeet dat ho ass nigga samwise had to ask his bitch to tip back some 40s with his niggaz, what a mark ass busta
shut up nigger
>>
>>201659174
this chick singing is the reason i don't watch the extended edition of TT
>>
>>201660756
i felt the same during the singing in justice league
www.youtube.com/watch?v=_m5pSQneNyU
>>
>>201657923
Naive fat Hobbit, no wonder Golem hated his guts.
>>
>>201657923
yeah but also i dont believe it for my own world because im a broken man so it fills me with an uncomfortable envy for a hope i can never have myself
>>
There will never be something like the Lord of The Rings trilogy. The fellowship of the ring is perfect. From beginning to end.

Americans and their irrational love for African Americans have ruined fantasy.
>>
>>201660040
agreed
scenes like this that actually evoke a physical response like goosebumps or butterflies in the stomach
>>
>>201659281
Try reading some of the source material that Tolkien took his inspiration from. The Dream of the Rood is kickass too.

Where has the horse gone?
Where are my kindred?
Where is the giver of treasure?
Where are the benches to bear us?
Joys of the hall to bring us together?
No more, the bright goblet!
All gone, the mailed warrior!
Lost for good, the pride of princes!

https://oldenglishpoetry.camden.rutgers.edu/the-wanderer/
>>
>>201659022
>Morgan Freeman in the green mile
Raciss cracka
>>
>>201659365
>Farewell, Frodo Baggins. I give you Elrond's dad in a bottle. Don't question it.
>>
>>201660013
>didn't get a chance to see the literal gods
Yes he does. He just gets to have a life first.
>>
>>201659209
God has a very dark sense of humour.
>>
>>201659239
is this telling me to move to japan
>>
>>201660756
huh? she's cute and has a good voice. you gay?
>>
>>201659239
damn, being far right is awesome
>>
>>201659422
>my mother watching my uncle give me a gameboy for christmas
>>
>>201658778
>twin towers

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.