[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tv/ - Television & Film

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1447330956460.jpg (38 KB, 560x282)
38 KB
38 KB JPG
YOU SLY DOG YOU GOT ME MONOLOGUING
>>
>>201670111
This movie is so damned good. I specifically avoided the second one because I didn't find the direction they were taking with the story an interesting one.
Should I give the second a chance or did I do the right thing?
>>
>>201670156
Second is neither a disaster nor a worthy successor to the first. At times it feels like the only reason it exists is to answer the criticisms that the first one was too Ayn Randian. There’s these odd little references to Atlas Shrugged and objectivism all throughout the sequel.
>>
>>201670156
still good, just not as good
more helen screentime if thats your thing (plus for me)
>>
>>201670156
it's not as awful as you'd think. The villain isn't nearly as good, but there are some really good parts.

The raccoon scene is phenomenal.
>>
>>201670156
2 exists. It isn't bad but it's just a retread of 1 but worse (Elastigirl even calls out the hypocrisy).
Deleted scenes are worth a watch, there's this scene that implies the film was going to be about how heroes are discriminated and marginalized based on profitability and public image pushing people into crime which would have been far much more interesting then the angle they went for
https://youtu.be/mTuqM9WoJjE
>>
>>201670111
MY NAME'S NOT BUDDY
>>
>>201670788
>IT'S THROATY FARTER!
>>
>>201670156
>boring corporate cookie-cutter is... le twist villain!
this era was the gayest shit ever
>>
>>201670156
no, it's terrible. it has none of the qualities of 1, conveys the opposite message, and is a typical 2010's soulless woke remake of an original
>>
>>201671461
how throaty are the featured farts? or even the background farts? stuff like this only exists in sci-fi/fantasy, though, as there's no 'anal throat' IRL to make it happen
>>
>>201670156
It's watchable. Not as memorable or anywhere near as good as the first one. Storywise and thematically it's a complete waste of the directors' time and squanders his ambition and passion for the medium, as it's a cashgrab through and through. The first movie was a miracle that was only made possible by the very deeply personal stake the director had in it, and a shitton of people taking big risks just because he was so passionate about it, and it was all brought together by a great soundtrack, great artstyle and well-managed tone. The second one does nothing particularly well except capitalizing on merchandising opportunities. Seriously, you should have seen the store shelves on the day Incredibles 2 came out, they were fucking full of every single form of Jack-Jack they could think of, both from the movie and stuff they just made up out of nowhere. The new character designs just do not align with what was in the first movie, they look jarring.
>>
>>201670156
Just watch fightscenes on yt, they are pretty good.
Other than that, it sucks
Typical femoid messaging: Elastigirl (and all women by extension) can do her husbands superhero job better than him, while the husband cannot even be a good stay-home dad and constantly fucks up.

Also new superhero characters look like something a typical 2010 liberal arts graduate would draw, they do not match the original artstyle at all
>>
>>201670111
I can't watch the original English version. I hate Elastiv Girly's voice.
Our dub is nice though.
>>
>>201670239
From the trailer, the sequel looked to be the same as the first one but it was the wife being the cool superhero and leaving the big bad man at home with the kids (opposite of what happened in the first when the man did it).
>>
>>201670156
It's got very nice animation, but that's about it. There's nothing outright offensively bad about it and there's one or two good scenes, and that's it. It simply doesn't hold a candle to the original

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.