[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tv/ - Television & Film

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Some turbo fans actually built the groundwork for a perfect Star Trek TNG game 5 years ago called Stage9, but got a cease and desist so had to discontinue it:
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnQ-BS7Ui54
You could visit all the places on the Enterprise-D, replicate earl grey tea, simulate different environments in the holodecks, fire photon torpedos at targets, go to the battle bridge and initiate saucer separation, and take a shuttle out into space among countless other things.
The devs then went on to start making a simulator for The Orville and it's pretty neat so far as well:
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qppzj1I7RjA
Again fully mapped out ship decks A through K?, working replicators, actual space battles, working environmental simulators with stuff seen in the show (Ed's apartment, the bowling alley seen in season 2), and all the different areas of the ship you see in the show including areas you don't see.
It's pretty janky right now, and the ship corridors are insanely long and convoluted, but it's pretty neat to check out.
>>
>>201673898
The Orville works as a thematic continuation of TNG, but that's about it. That being said, I like the show.
>>
We all just want out comfy cerebral space adventure of the week. Orville scratched that itch more than any new trek show did. But I sincerely hope we'll get a proper Star Trek show with that old school sci-fi feel again instead of "incompetent melodramatic unstable amateurs in space"....
>>
Hey! The amateurs are quite competent and remarkably stable.
>>
>>201674604
ew, animation
>>

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.