[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tv/ - Television & Film

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 9fc2ces6dc281.jpg (105 KB, 1080x1199)
105 KB
105 KB JPG
Do you think any director could adapt any part of the Nasuverse into live action?
>>
>>201682550
If the japanese can barely adapt the bare minimum, western directors will have zero clue how to do it.
>>
>>201682902
The Garden of Sinners movies were mostly really good.
>>
>>201682550
Probably not, but I have always thought the only way to make it work would be to focus on the melancholy drama aspects. If they tried to just do a live action version of a ufotable animation it would probably turn out like Marvel shit, but if they got someone who is actually known for dark period dramas to adapt far side Tsukihime for example it might capture the right tone. Not that I think it should be done at all, as there is still a 99% chance it would be terrible
>>
>>201683312
Honestly, I could see del Toro getting it right. I think he's both enough of a nerd and enough of a fan of classic gothic media.
>>
>>201682550
It depends on the work, but I could actually see David Lynch making a really good adaption of Tsukihime or Garden of Sinner.
>>
File: rln8gjrnw8j01.jpg (29 KB, 540x322)
29 KB
29 KB JPG
>>201684988
Now that you mention it, Lynch doing Overlooking View or Paradox Spiral would probably be pretty wild. He'd probably keep the metaphysics of it even more vague but that might actually work out for it.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.