[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tv/ - Television & Film

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

just watched season 1 of the boys. it's pretty mid. how did this get famous?
>>
Consoomercucks like OP. And pajeets.
>>
>>201688690
something something politics, something anthony starr homelander performance, something karl urban or whatever
>>
amazon shills
>>
>>201688690
Because it was good. It starts sucking with season 2
>>
>>201688690
Who asked?
>>
>>201688942
Which is how it always is. They bait you with a first decent season and then rub propaganda in your face and start DEI hiring
>>
because the regular capeshit is incredibly boring
I am glad I started watching despite its flaws.
>>
>>201688942
Season two had great moments involving Deep, Lamplighter and Stormfront
Season 3 was when they dropped all pretense or subtlety and became a political vent session for the writers.
There are 60 year old episodes of Star Trek and Twilight Zone with more restraint and tact than the last two seasons of The Boys.
>>
>>201688942
season 1 has zero originality outside of the comic relief the deep content and the whole social media/fakenes of the heroes aspect. the problem is, that there's not nearly enough of this last part. also there's like zero fights or use of their powers. the rest 80% of it is completely stereotyped shit, that im sure they just write as a generic tv show and then they add a few elements to make it fit for whatever series they're adapting. or like, maybe the original comic is just fucking bad. i dont know.
>>
>>201688690
>how did this get famous?
It's based on superhero comic books and it's very topical/political.
>>
>>201689211
>Season 3 was when they dropped all pretense or subtlety and became a political vent session for the writers.
Season 3 was hard carried by Jensen Ackles. Season 4 is complete shit.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.