[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tv/ - Television & Film

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: file.png (206 KB, 248x350)
206 KB
206 KB PNG
Films you may NOT discuss itt:
An Idiot Saves the President
Rich Boy Hero 4
Silent Hero Journey Boy
Fight Fight Fight

Films you may discuss itt:
Boats.
>>
File: 1566704222514.gif (294 KB, 498x401)
294 KB
294 KB GIF
>>201692117
Love me some das boot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVxXbTk-zsQ&pp=ygUIZGFzIGJvb3Q%3D
>>
>>201692117
this movie is lile a coping simulator. they spend 70% of time crying and pissing their pants hoping a destroyer won't btfo them
>>
>>201692957
and the other 30% they're crying and pissing their pants hoping the pressure won't crush them

yeah, I'm thinking kino
>>
File: file.png (1.37 MB, 687x1000)
1.37 MB
1.37 MB PNG
>>201692117
Caine Mutiny (1954) is peak boatkino AND trialkino bundled into one
In fact I think this movie's courtroom scene was the inspiration for Chuck's breakdown in better call saul
>>
>das boot
>it’s about a submarine
>>
>>201695398
it's about a u-boat
it's a boat with a "u" before it, so it's a boat CHUD
>>
This is the thread. Watched Ice Station Zebra some weeks ago, certified boat kino
>>
>>201695578
>Borgnine
The Wild Bunch taught me he's kino personified. Will watch
>>
>>201695826
Borgnine's great in it, as always.
>>
>>201695948
>>201695578
Shit, the reviews I'm seeing are tearing it apart though
>>
>>201692117
I love Down Periscope and Crimson Tide. Das Boot was solid, but man, it felt long. Under Siege is one most people probably don't think of when thinking of boats. It's easily Segal's best.

>>201695259
I just watched this the other day. That writer dude who changed his testimony made me so angry. Bogart as the villian was awesome too.
>>
When is the next boat kino coming out? last one i can remember was the north water
>>
>>201697180
>north water
How is it compared to The Terror?
I liked the boat and military parts of The Terror, but not the CGI bear, as a frame of reference
>>
>>201695976
Another anon rec'd it to me back then, I needed some swaying as well. All I can say is I wasn't disappointed
>>
>>201695826
Borgnine = instant kino. I think The Wild Bunch is his best film but he was great in Flight of the Phoenix too.
>>
>>201692117
Watching Titanic right now.
Very good film.
>>
>>201697256
i liked north water it's on a par with terror minus the cgi bear
it's got colin farrel and few other english + euro actors in it that are decent
>>
>>201695976
Heed their warning. I like boring movies and Ice Station Zero still put me to sleep
>>201695826
I got to watch that in theaters recently, very enjoyable
>>
>>201697256
It's not quite as great as The Terror, but it's still really good. The characters aren't as memorable or well acted. It only has one really great character played by Colin Farrell. The ship's captain is pretty good, too. The main character is the doctor, who is interesting, but not so interesting to base the whole series around. It's still really good though. It suffers if you try to compare it to The Terror. I saw it first and really liked it.
>>
>>201697741
Titanic is great. I put off watching it for decades because I thought it was a chick flick. Girls made such a big deal about Leo back then, and then the Celine Dion song was everywhere, so I never wanted to see it. I finally got around to watching it 20 years late and I loved it. There's a reason why it was so popular and won so many Academy Awards. My only wish was they spent more time showing them cruising while things were still going good out at sea.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.