[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tv/ - Television & Film

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: danzig-werewolves.gif (66 KB, 480x360)
66 KB
66 KB GIF
What is the most realistic Werewolf movie?
>>
>A person is under the influence of schizophrenia/medieval halluginagens/both and goes on a rampage of violence, their delusions informed by the legend itself

An American Werewolf in London?
>>
>>201695796
The one where the black dog shoots werewolfing lasers through his eyes
>>
File: 1717997371684397.jpg (45 KB, 524x720)
45 KB
45 KB JPG
The amount of energy it would require for a human to rapidly turn into a giant wolf would be verging on nuclear.
Unless you can prove literal magic is real then werewolfs cant exist

Without any of the occult aspects a type of Vampire could very plausibly exist though
>>
>>201696687
Just to play devil's advocate here for a minute...you do know there are cases of spontaneous human combustion ...right? Totally unexplained, not sure if real or fake but it there in history. This combustion is total and complete, even the skeleton is reduced to ash. Think of the energy THAT takes. The human body has many mysteries still and i wouldn't put it past human cells to be able to generate that amount of power, given the substances they have access to, such as methane and stomach acid. Just a passing thought.
>>
>>201696687
anon, werewolves ARE magic

>>201698181
thing about spontaneous human combustion is that it's not spontaneous at all and it always happens post-mortem in a borderline specific profile of person (elderly, obese, alcoholic). i remember reading someone saying it should renamed "isolated central body combustion", because spontaneous burning doesn't real
>>
File: 1710330051395194.jpg (35 KB, 996x735)
35 KB
35 KB JPG
>>201698181
Well without knowing anything about fucking spontaneous human combustion I would say to you that assuming it is real, that is an explosion. A simple dumping of energy all at once. Not a sustained and intricate transformation which would require a steady output of energy.
>>
>>201698425
addenda:
>The current explanation is known as the wick effect theory (3). This theory likens a human body and clothing to a candle and postulates that the clothing acts as a wick to burn human fat, which is a liquid at 37°C (body temperature). Fat is the most flammable component of the human body, although soft tissue, bone and bone marrow also will burn if dehydrated and exposed to a direct flame. These components are not distributed evenly throughout the body; the midsection often has the highest fat content. In chronic alcoholics, especially women, this uneven fat distribution is even more pronounced, with more fat accumulating around the abdomen, buttocks and thighs—those areas consumed by spontaneous combustion. Controlled experiments performed in the lab support the wick effect theory and show that, once ignited, body fat wrapped in layers of skin and light clothing can burn slowly with no visible flame (1). Other researchers who study such topics believe that the fire would be sustained as long as fuel is available but is unlikely to be hot enough to ignite other combustible material in the vicinity (4,5).
>>
>>201695796
The absolute state of manlets.
>>
wolf with nicholson and pfeiffer was network tv kino. A weekend staple in english and spanish. Best scene is the fight in the horse stable.
>>
>>201698458
>that is an explosion.

Well, the point is that the energy potential is there. The curse/disease of lycanthropy uses it in other ways than just reducing the body to cinders. Maybe, supposedly.
>>
>>201698715
But it isn't. The implication of spontaneous human combustion is that when that level of energy is in a human body the only response is for it to explode. Not store it safely and start funnelling it all over the body to rapidly turn into a badass 7ft tall monster
>>
>>201698715
>>201698897
I get what you're saying though, but the 'disease' of lycanthopy would still have to be magic I think. To add on to what I initially said >>201696687 if you're interested the case for a vampire is much easier to make, look up Blindsight by Peter Watts
>>
any one see the del toro one?
>>
File: 1716597489968400.jpg (93 KB, 1200x869)
93 KB
93 KB JPG
>>201698458
spontaneous human combustion isn't real, but werewolves and vampires are
>>
>>201698897
>>201699386
Yeah I was just trying to think of something that was akin to that much energy release and the spontaneous combustion popped up in my brain. Thats a lot of energy we don't know how it's done so could be whatever, natural, magical, i don't know. 'Curses' are usually magical in nature, although also think of things like the t-virus from Resident Evil. Total fiction but another example of something being introduced into the human body to cause massive and un predictable growth/mutation. Clearly, the themes of "the human body itself is magic, you just have to unlock it" has been around a long long while.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.