[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tv/ - Television & Film

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Quentin-Tarantino-2020.jpg (181 KB, 1121x1600)
181 KB
181 KB JPG
>contrives elaborate circumstances in his movies that allow him to say the n-word completely consequence-free

Admit it, /tv/, he's living your dream. You wish you were him.
>>
>>201704778
He's not living my dream. I wouldn't even make movies if I were rich. The only thing to be envious of, is that he has money, and he's not the only rich person.
>>
>>201704778
It's all cope for the fact that his mother is a coalburning whore.
>>
>>201704778
I don't need to dream about giving myself an n-word pass in a movie when I could just say it here with no extra effort.
>>
>>201704778
Opening of Reservoir Dogs plays like a /tv/ thread
>>
>>201704926
They would feel just awful to be us. If they come back in the next life then they will probably be like us. With the wave front being so large to the differences between lives it psychologically impairs them and they leave into space not feeling right.
>>
>>201705103
>If they come back in the next life then they will probably be like us

No, they won't. I don't believe in reincarnation. When Quentin dies, and everyone else dies, their lives will be better. Nobody suffers because their lives weren't bad enough in their one time through life. You believe that because you don't care about other people. I'm filtering this thread now, because I don't care about the director.
>>
Reminder the closest thing Tarantino had to a male figure in his life at 15 was a black guy that just slept on his couch sometimes and fucked various women his mom knew that was obsessed with kino and wrote a giant black cowboy tv show script.
>>
>>201705233
He had a truly pathetic existence until he sold True Romance and got Reservoir Dogs going. His backstory is inspiration fuel for any wannabe filmmaker. Came from literally nothing, Tennessee trailer trash stock, to become the most celebrated writer-director of the modern millennium. He also caught the perfect timeline wave with Harvey and Miramax in the 90s.
>>
>>201705864
This. Only contrarians hate Tortellini.
>>
>>201705864
sounds like he's awesome and you are garbage :)
>>
>>201704778
I already say nigger consequence-free, you nigger.
>>
>>201704778
Watched Pulp Fiction for the first time in awhile. Damn there’s a lotta kino racist shit talking.
>white men that know the difference
>greasy yellow slope
Etc etc
>>
>>201704778
"The Movie Critic" was scrapped as Tarantino's 10th and final film for these reasons:

>The script grew so large that Tarantino proposed releasing it in 3 or 4 "volumes" to Sony. Yes, his 10th and final film was poised to span 3 or 4 movies, with Tarantino insisting they should be seen as a single work (much like Kill Bill Vols. 1 and 2). The execs balked.
>The script ballooned as Tarantino drastically strayed from his initial concept ("a Travis Bickle-type assassinates a Movie Brat director in 1977 to prevent the 80s blockbuster wave from killing the 70s New Hollywood"). Guess who this director was.
>It evolved into a saga centered around his fictional Hollywood timeline introduced in Once Upon a Time In Hollywood, with Brad Pitt's Cliff Booth as the protagonist of a "chapter" in which he's become a famed director.
>Using the Movie Critic's reviews as a constant narrative device, Tarantino planned to shoot entire films within this alternate reality, including Cliff Booth's "The Fireman" (starring Leo DiCaprio as Rick Dalton, a fictional 80s Die Hard where Dalton capitalizes on his flamethrower gimmick) and alternative endings to real films like John Flynn's "Rolling Thunder."
>Discussions about adapting it into a mini-series are ongoing. The idea isn't popular.
>>
>>201706864
>passive-aggressive smiley

tits or GTFO
>>
>>201704778
quentin probably thinks he's black because he's italian and believes in the moor meme (true romance)
>>
>>201704778
his movies are just okay
>>
>>201707156
holy fuck, sounds ver self-indulgent but kino at the same time

He should've done this 3-4 movie thing instead of Kill Bill Vols 3 and 4 which, yeah, that's what's making. He can't resist the blockbuster appeal
>>
>>201707740
he definitely thinks he's black. at least around blacks
https://youtu.be/6mzqahILpAs?feature=shared
>>
File: Livingthedream.jpg (553 KB, 1242x1842)
553 KB
553 KB JPG
>>201704778
>Admit it, /tv/, he's living your dream. You wish you were him.

You just know. he’s waiting for Butters to turn 18 to cast her in his last movie.
>>
>>201707156
Why does he hate Lucas so bad?
>>
>>201707924
what's he doing in israel... think about it
>>
>>201707156
This seems kinda believable, seen him praising Rolling Thunder and those fictional Rick Dalton's The Fireman movies were mentioned in the novelization of OUATIH
>>
>>201707156
>>201707948
>Tarantino makes a movie where Lucas gets murdered

That would be pretty funny.
>>
>>201707948
>>201708088
that could be Spielberg too
>>
>>201707948
He likes OG Star Trek and he probably thinks Star Wars ruined sci-fi.
>>
>>201707948
He really does, though. You can hear him praising every movie brat but George (although he recognizes he ows a lot to American Graffitti, including the constant "radio soundtrack" that Lucas pioneered), he's even said he doesn't like THX 1138. He particularly hates the prequels:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oY3tkFtLcSo
>>
>>201708147
nah because quentin loves Jaws
>>
>>201707156
how much coke was he doing when he wrote this?
>>
>>201708197
hes a big jws fan
>>
>>201707156
If this dork is the best we got, that's a terrible indictment on us.
>>
>>201705174
That's a fairly lame god view. Your life has more meaning than that.
>>
>>201705864
>His backstory is inspiration fuel for any wannabe filmmaker.
No. The "Tarantino's story of success" is not about Tarantino, it's about Harvey Weinstein.
>>
>>201705864
He's also really talented. Yes, he's a hack in many ways but he's also really good in others. You can't fake that. Luck, timing... yeah, but for a while there, he had "it".

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.