[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tv/ - Television & Film

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: gal_topgun_edwards.jpg (63 KB, 575x402)
63 KB
63 KB JPG
I like to play a game where I try to explain the continuity of a character. For example, Goose wasn't happy with how he was treated in the Navy (by being killed lol), so he became a doctor, a better paid job with less possibility of dying.
>>
File: mm.png (435 KB, 625x354)
435 KB
435 KB PNG
>>201708307
You have to start earlier. Goose happens to meet a girl he likes but misses a date with her. That night he receives a phone call in which the Russians launch nukes towards L.A. Luckily it was only a preemptive EMP strike. He survived as but the girl died int he chaos. This leads him to enlist in the Navy and be accepted into the Top Gun program to fight during the Cold War.
>>
Uncle Hank yelled, "Ass to ass," in Requiem for a Dream, and then went on to sexually harass a young woman as Uncle Hank in Black Swan. I too hope to one day be serially typecast as a lovable old pervert.
>>
File: latest.jpg (116 KB, 800x600)
116 KB
116 KB JPG
Gunnery Sgt. Hartman survives Pvt. Gomer's attack, but during the hard and painful recovery he projects his anger and pain on the doctors treating him. Being bed bound for so long gives him time to read, which he uses for preparation to work towards becoming a commissioned officer.
His feeling of guilt over pushing Gomer too far reflects on his own parenting, where he is still strict with his rebellious son Gregory, but let's his wife pamper him. She also supports Greg as he becomes a doctor partially to spite his father, who he felt was still too strict.
Even when Gregory becomes a leading expert, they are unable to reconcile their clashing personalities.
>>
>>201708456
>That night he receives a phone call in which the Russians launch nukes towards L.A. Luckily it was only a preemptive EMP strike. He survived as but the girl died int he chaos. This leads him to enlist in the Navy and be accepted into the Top Gun program to fight during the Cold War.
Why can't there be any good alt-history stuff about a cold war escalation with no or only a little amount of nukes used?
>>
>>201709027
Idk maybe because it was such a big deal during the Cuban missile crisis and not many people would be interested in watching something that turns out to just fizzle out. Interesting idea though. War Games is the closest thing I can think of.
>>
>>201709027
Like Red Dawn?
I remember watching this mockumentary about WW3 breaking out in school (before mockumentary was a word), if you like that kind of thing:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZf-M_vC22w
>>
>>201708307
But he died in ER
>>
>>201708307
I wish he had been a bigger star. I loved him in EVERYTHING!
>>
>>201710493
He did? Fuck.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.