[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tv/ - Television & Film

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG_4558.jpg (273 KB, 1920x1200)
273 KB
273 KB JPG
Unironically Nolan’s most intimate and heartbreaking film. Best film made about faith since Stalker.
>>
>>201711430
*muffled sounds in the distance*
>>
Until the final act it's the best unintentional comedy ever made, the backwards walks and fights, the sunscreen assassination, the little lad with a confused face all the time because the actor couldn't comprehend anything he was saying.
>>
File: Elizabeth-Debicki-1200.jpg (39 KB, 1200x667)
39 KB
39 KB JPG
>>201711430
>Unironically Nolan’s most intimate and heartbreaking film
I think that'd be Inception but otherwise I agree, I think it's a thematically deep movie that's unironically filtered people in more relevant ways than "how do le bullet holes form"
>>
I liked it but nepobabby monkeyface fucking ruined it
>>
>>201711430
unironically most distant and emotionless film.
>>
>>201711606
Inception is Orpheus and Eurydice in my estimation, tragic in the sense of lost love and lost paternal guidance. Tenet grapples with sacrifice and the experience of genuine connection, also lost. Both very sad.
>>
Denzel's son is such a shit actor and charisma vacuum . He's not fit for lead roles at all.
>>
>>201711706
Also does not help that Denzel somehow looked human, his kid looks like a fucking Ugandan windowcleaner it's absurd.
>>
the storyline was so forgettable and overshadowed by the retarded gimmicks that it wasn't the audience's fault for being filtered. even if it was amazing, that's like getting one of the best steaks in the world and then drenching it in ketchup and then complaining that people don't appreciate the quality of the steak if they could just look past the gallon of ketchup
>>
>>201711742
and by the way, it was still retarded shit. the characters were all boring, irrelevant and retarded. there was no background for any character almost, they were just random cops and gangstas
>>
>>201711742
retreading the storyline afterwards is the reward. this is how the true agency of the characters and their soul shine.
>>
Have you seen inception lately? aged like milk
>>
the editing was so bad.
there was a scene where the twilight guy is babbling about time travel;
>he is sitting
>cuts to black guy
>cuts back, he is standing to the left
>cuts to black guy
>cuts back for half a second, he's looking at the door
WTF
I though it was intentional, but come to think of it, it was just shitty
>>
>>201711430
It's shit yet better than Inception
There, I said it
>>
>>201711430
I fucking hate this movie so much. I fucking hate it.
fucking arrogant dog shit.
>>
>>201711430

imo I thought it was Nolan's worst. The editing was crap, a lot the action scenes felt jarring and confusing. The characters weren't relatable at all. The soundtrack wasn't memorable or interesting. Nothing from this movie stuck out and for me got memory holed quite quickly.
>>
>>201711430
bait of the day
>>
[inaudible]
>>
I still like it a lot except for the third act 'battle', scenes that I just don't think worked out
>>
>>201711430
it filtered brainlets as you can see in this thread
>>
>>201711430
Faith in what? Care to explain? I know it's bait but if you try?
>>
>>201714235
Just to understand, maybe you cried at "including my son"...? Fuck you, dumb movie, movie has a premise and internal logic problem and I when I say problem I mean it gives you brain tumor just by thinking about it for too long. The main character is a charisma void, not sure he can act and Pattinson mogged him in any possible way acting way. Kenneth Branagh almost made almost a miracle with that carboard villain they wrote for him, I would feel bad for him, if he wasn't a millionaire and he couldn't care less.
>>
File: 1721912970428.jpg (548 KB, 830x1872)
548 KB
548 KB JPG
>>201711430
>>
Nigger main character was a shit actor and couldnt act if his life depended on it. It had some really good moments and some parts of it were enjoyable, Pattinson were cool and I liked Kat and the Russian villain, I had the film explained to me by a friend who watched it 4 or 5 times and I'd say if you understand it the plot is nice too, I think the film was just nolan messing around seeing what he could pull off, but if the protagonist was swapped for a better actor it could've been much better for sure.
>>
>>201714385
No, I cried when Pattinson walked away to his death like any real man would.
>>
>>201714728
Not sure you're serious, but, as I said, he sold it very well and I respect him more for sure...However...we filled in the blanks for Nolan, the movie doesn't make any effort. The story is a mess, noone could actually go back that much in the past to start the whole thing, the battle makes no sense (and that's why it was shown that way), the whole inverted thing makes no sense, the shot could not happen even in movie's logic, etc etc. I think Nolan watched Predestination and liked it so much he decided to make this stinker.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.