[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tv/ - Television & Film

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Freddy.jpg (34 KB, 471x709)
34 KB
34 KB JPG
>Wes Craven's New Nightmare is the best sequel because Freddy is actually SCARY instead of being a clown like all the other sequels
>>
>>201711668
The movie is garbage. They take a very long time to build up the suspense and try to scare, but then boom Freddy “I'm back, bitch”. Kills the babysitter (pretty good) and Heather runs into his dream where Freddy ridiculously burns in the oven. The End.
>>
Ironically the movie goes to shit once Freddy shows up.
>>
>>201711668
Freddy's Revenge didn’t portray Freddy as a goofy clown man
>>
didn't like this movie and the kid was really annoying
>>
It would be better if at the end of the movie it turned out that we were still on the set (not that fairy tale nonsense about the script that Craven writes that becomes reality.). But at the end before the end credits Heather Langenkamp would have actually seen Freddy in real life after the filming of New Nightmare was complete. But Craven is too dumb to think of such a thing.
>>
>>201711949
that would be gay
>>
>>201712452
You’re gay
>>
>>201712452
No, that would be great. Because A Nightmare on Elm Street is a movie about how everything you see can be a dream, an illusion, how reality is unstable and our certainty about something is always in doubt. But New Nightmare has none of that, there are no dreams (Just Heather's brief ramblings in a half dream). We end up with Freddy appearing to us in the real world and then the action shifts to a dream (more in the dark fantasy entourage than horror) where Freddy is killed. There is no subtext in the movie, it's direct and flat. It doesn't work as a meta movie, nor as a horror movie, nor as a Nightmare on Elm Street sequel.
>>
Haven't seen this in awhile but didn't it turn out that it wasn't Freddy at all but some demon that took on his visage?
>>
>>201712908
Yes, that's one of the many reasons it sucks.
>>
>>201711668
boring dog shit. the earthquakes were more scary than Freddy
nothing happens. boring shit
>>
>>201712908
Well, Freddy Krueger is a fictional character from the movie, so in terms of New Nightmare logic yes. It's some kind of evil genie that lives in the story.

For some reason a lot of people didn't understand how Heather “killed” Freddy, because as we know from the previous movies, you can only kill him in the real world, not the dream world. This new Freddy - “killed” by the story that Heather and the others lived. In this story, she kills Freddy and the genie dies with him.
>>
>>201711668
#4 is the best because Alice is so cute
>>
>>201712973
It doesn't suck. You just don't understand Wes Craven's logic. Freddy really started coming back to him in his dreams. So he decided to “kill” him once again, and the only way he can kill him is by making another movie where Freddy gets killed. This movie is literally Wes Craven's story.
>>
>>201713013
>because as we know from the previous movies, you can only kill him in the real world, not the dream world.
Not true. He's killed in a dream in 4 and 5, half dream/half real life in part 3 and even the original's ending is rather ambiguous about whether it was a dream at the end or not.
>>
>>201713062
yeah and nothing happens till the end. and it's extremely boring.
and the earthquakes are retarded. and the kid is annoying. it's shit
>>
>>201713127
I agree with you. I'm just explaining what the logic was.

Here's my comment about the movie >>201712852
>>
>>201713102
>He's killed in a dream in 4 and 5
Uh... and he came back, didn't he?
>>
>>201713236
He comes back after being killed in all the movies, what's your point
>>
>>201713271
He was killed in the last movie in the real world permanently. They even explained it why he came back after each of his deaths, that you can only kill him in the real world.
>>
>>201711668
It isn't scary. It's just boring dogshit. The other ones besides maybe the first weren't scary either, but at least they were entertaining. I enjoy the silly sequels.
>>
File: wink.gif (473 KB, 500x211)
473 KB
473 KB GIF
>>201713332
>He was killed in the last movie in the real world permanently.
Which one? Freddy's Dead or New Nightmare? Because he comes back in Freddy vs Jason. And guess what, he's shown to be alive after being killed at the end of that movie too.
>>
>>201713433
amazing movie. best nightmare after the first one
>>
>>201711668
It’s great but a shame Craven didn’t have the budget to pull off some of his wilder ideas.
He also wanted Depp to pop up, figured he’d say no and didn’t ask, only to find out he would have done it
>>
>>201713433
>New Nightmare
It's not Freddy Krueger, it's an evil genie who's taken on the persona of Freddy Krueger.

>Freddy vs Jason
Not canon, not part of the Nightmare on Elm Street movie series
>>
>>201713503
>Not canon, not part of the Nightmare on Elm Street movie series
lol no
>>
File: Heather Langenkamp.png (741 KB, 1442x818)
741 KB
741 KB PNG
The kid was annoying. The movie should have been about Heather being a sexual predator who has nightmares because of her being so
>>
File: heatherlangenkamp15-1.jpg (87 KB, 700x900)
87 KB
87 KB JPG
>>201713973
The first movie is literally about a young girl's sexuality and how she attracts men (predator)
>>
>>201711668
Jason/Friday the 13th had the better movies overall, Freddy/Elm Street really went to shit hard, Final Nightmare was truly awful
>>
>>201713503
the fuck you mean? why the fuck not?
Freddy vs Jason is literally a sequel to the Freddy movies
Jason is just a guest
>>
File: Freddy shades.jpg (128 KB, 1140x641)
128 KB
128 KB JPG
>>201714234
All the Friday movies feel the same and the characters blend together too much. Nightmare movies are way more entertaining on all accounts. Better kills, better characters, better visuals, better music and a more entertaining villain. Jason doesn't hold a candle to Freddy.
>>
>>
>>201714324
more cringe
>>
>>201714324
Okay. You’re wrong but okay
>>
File: me and the boys.jpg (110 KB, 946x600)
110 KB
110 KB JPG
>>201714234
Based
>>
File: IMG_1369.jpg (36 KB, 640x420)
36 KB
36 KB JPG
>>201715093
Ah, before they decided he looked like a giant monster dong and painted it green
>>
I saw half of this. I liked it, but I was around 12 and had never seen a Freddy movie before. I only knew the name Wes Craven because Scream was my favourite movie.
>>
>>201714234
>>201714324
>no Freddy vs Jason vs ash
The treatment for the script was good. Should've done it
>>
>>201713503
>New Nightmare
A Djinn but yeah I guess close enough

>F v J
Not canon? What are you stupid?
>>
>>201711668
New nightmare is probably the best freddy
>>
A great idea, Freddy is REAL, but squandered in a mostly boring movie. I agree with others here the kid is insanely annoying much to the detriment of the film. Craven does absolutely nothing interesting or creepy with the meta approach. There could and should have been some Lynchian stuff thrown in with the lines of reality being blurred. Freddy was decent but the new glove was fucking retarded. The music was terrible. The endless references to the first film just makes you wanna watch THAT movie. The entire ending in dream land or wherever is actually more over the top and stupid than the sequels this film so viciously mocks.

And how the fuck do you do this idea and NOT have a scene where Robert England encounters Freddy?!?!!? I mean that's fuckin' obvious day one shit screenplay wise right? I will say this, the talk show scene is REALLY effective and gives a glimpse as to what this movie should have been.

I say take this same idea and make it interesting and actually scary and atmospheric and ya know....not boring as fuck.
>>
A better idea
Freddy Krueger takes a shit for two hours
>>
ANOES > Dream Master > Dream Warriors > Freddy's Revenge > Dream Child > New Nightmare > FvJ > Remake > Freddy's Dead
>>
Alice > Kristen (Patricia Arquette) > Nancy > Lisa > FvJ blonde chick > Nu Nancy > Freddys' Dead chick
>>
>>201715164
Friday the 13th is the most fap worthy with all the naked girls the movies had
>>
Now the Freddy ranking:

Part 2 > Part 1 > Part 3 > Part 4 > New Nightmare > FvJ > Remake > Part 5 > Part 6
>>
FvJ > New Nightmare > the rest
>>
>>201711758
You're just upset because it reminds you of the holocaust.
>>
>>201711668
Heather was so fucking fine in this flick
>>
File: 14730177873300_1.jpg (3 KB, 100x96)
3 KB
3 KB JPG
>>201720498
>>
Terrifier > Elm Street
>>
>>201721729
Terrifier also rules. Art/Freddy crossover when?
>>
>>201721729
Chaddy Krueger > Fart the Clown
>>
>>201711668

Is he still a child molester?
>>
>>201711668
>>201711758
filtered
>>
>>201721764
>Art/Freddy crossover when?
Never gonna happen. And it's not even that Robert Englund is too old. Freddy is a funny character you don't take seriously. He fits in a dream world, with his comic props, some kind of mockery. Meanwhile Art doesn't mess with you. Yes, Art doesn't always realize where he is and seems to enjoy every day here and people amuse him at times, but he doesn't fool around with them. There's just no chemistry between Freddy and Art.

Michael Myers is a different story. Michael is human, but unkillable. I think Art would be interested in playing with him.
>>
>>201720236
i might agree but these are small differences, freddys dead was kino
>>
File: 1721904194915525.jpg (64 KB, 470x708)
64 KB
64 KB JPG
>>Wes Craven's New Nightmare is the best sequel because Freddy is actually SCARY instead of being a clown like all the other sequels

>All the Friday movies feel the same and the characters blend together too much. Nightmare movies are way more entertaining on all accounts. Better kills, better characters, better visuals, better music and a more entertaining villain. Jason doesn't hold a candle to Freddy.
>>
File: freddys dead.png (42 KB, 1221x328)
42 KB
42 KB PNG
Which one should I download?
>>
>>201711668
hell yeah nigga suckin' on my damn cock straight up slobbing my knob all up and down ye bitch take this cum nigga's dick
>>
>>201722583
Niggas
>>
>>201722532
gem

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.