[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tv/ - Television & Film

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

I am going to a midnight showing of pic related.
I've seen the movie a few times, but never with a crowed.
I've been to others midnight movies. How hard does Rocky go?
Is it full of gays? What should i wear, and what should I expect.
>>
>>201714776
Expect the smell of poppers and people to have gay sex
>>
Dress however you want, whether that means normal clothes, a costume of a character from the movie, or just something slutty and queer. Expect a bunch of annoying nerds in panties to sing along, shout things, and throw shit at the screen.
>>
>>201714776
Why the fuck would you watch this?
>>
>>201714776
Literally the Tranny movie.
All the fags at college were obsessed with it.
I will never watch it.
Don't go if you have any self-respect.
>>
>>201714776
Youll have fun. Dress like Meat Loaf and youll get hot arthoes.
>>
>>201715016
My gf begged me to watch it. I thought it was just some meme movie where Nigel Thornberry wears a dress as a bit but no, it’s way worse than that I was appalled. Not sure why the fuck this thing exists or was made. I wouldn’t bat an eye at it these days but what sickos greenlit this back in the day?
>>
>>201715182
I finally watched it and get why the gays like it so much. It's a musical (gay) about having a perverted gay sexuality represented in a whimsical almost innocent way as just weird and fun rather than disgusting and unnatural. And it was made in an era where such a thing was completely unheard of. It approaches sexuality with levity and boyish curiosity. I mean I get it and why they like it so much but it kind of goes into the it was for boomer hipsters at that time category right next to zappa and beefheart as pretty shitty but novel and inside group fandom that the younger generations keep just getting memed into by the old hipsters to feel included. None of the songs are that catchy or anything. But you can tell it has a lot of gay sovl just in the way they managed to make being gay seem innocent. Instead of the reality of snorting amphetamines and then huffing poppers and getting aids in all of that actual darkness of it they made it into "boo haunted house" and made the dark weirdness of homosexuality seem lightly dark like the innocence of spooky halloween fun. I think they even confronted the emptiness of that kind of perverted exploration of hedonism when the main guy gets chastized for it at the end.
>>
>>201715551
>None of the songs are that catchy or anything
How high are you right now?
>>
>>201715016
This movie should bring trannies and chuds together. It gives trannies the representation they want, but theyre shown alongside other monsters and degenerates.
>>
i saw this once when i was young expecting lots of nudity and sex. i was very disappointed. i will never understand why this movie is so popular. i also hate musicals.
>>
>>201714776
>>201715016
>>201715182
>>201715551
You should watch the straight man's musical instead. It's a spooky comedy musical but with actual good songs and no degenerate message. Has cute girls and funny characters. Brain DePalma's best movie with a fantastic rock score. Came before Rocky Horror as well.

https://youtu.be/hVSp74FkixA
>>
>>201716205
I'm not. Is that the problem?
>>
>>201714776
desu its pretty boring the only interesting bit is the transvestite from trannysylvania song
>>
>>201716365
I've seen this. It was okay.
They are not playing it as a midnight showing.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.