[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tv/ - Television & Film

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Hey /tv/ I just re-watched Serious Man for the first time in 10 years and can someone explain the Mentaculus to me?

The first time I watched the movie I could have sworn there was a big moment where Larry is about to submit the Mentaculus to the Tenure committee as his own work, almost like taking the easy way out similar to the bribe, and then he doesn't and this is what causes his luck to turn around.

Upon a re-watch however this scene does not exist, and whats more, Larry's life doesn't turn around, all 3 of his problems are still up in the air as the movie ends. Is there some symbolism I am missing with the Mentaculus, what can it mean and what does it do?
>>
>>201729764
It's the talmud
>>
>>201729953
its not the Talmub if anything its the Book of Job

Larry's persistance is both rewarded and punished arbitrarily for absolutely no reason
>>
>>201729953
with Jews you lose
>>
>>201729990
it's about how elite jews will manipulate and use lower class jews like they do the goyim
>>
>>201729764
I don't anon... have you ever heard the story of the goys' teeth?
>>
>>201730001
The mentaculus is the Book of Job? Makes no sense. But we could say the mentaculus and the talmud are the same thing to a depressed, alienated modern Jew dealing with Jobian issues.
>>
>>201729953
It's the talmud/kabalah
The kabalah is just the Neo-platonic (irrational, magical thinking) interpretation of the talmud
>>
>>201729990
>announcing sage
retarded newfag

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.