[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tv/ - Television & Film

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG_2405.jpg (151 KB, 1280x721)
151 KB
151 KB JPG
Jesus Christ. How did I not realize this show is comedic gold the first time?

I watched it so seriously the first time. Thinking so hard about the psychology of the characters and the moral stuff. Watching it again 2 years later and I am cracking up non-stop. Everything Livia says is hilarious and Tony’s outbursts send my sides into orbit.
>>
>>201735196
Tony gets more cringe every rewatch. I actually look forward to the AJ and Meadow scenes more than Gandolfini making his pissy face and wheezing through his nose every 20 minutes to remind us he's a big tough boss man.
>>
Rewatching really does show how awful every character is. No one escapes without becoming a hypocrite. Melfi, Jews, the FBI. Carm, Meadow, all of em. Even Janice ends up Most Improved Player almost by default.
>>
>>201735276
Tony Soprano = Fred Flintstone + Ralph Kramden
>>
>>201735196
The psychology of what? Anon, the only message of the show is "italian americans are goofy and amusing", you might have been overthinking it on your first watch
>>
File: theseblacks.gif (437 KB, 500x200)
437 KB
437 KB GIF
>>201735196
>Everything Livia says is hilarious
>>
>>201736265
Anon seems to be conflating the psychiatrist office scenes as being in any way psychologically impactful because he’s a dunce who can’t separate the two in his mind. At least that’s what I took the OP to mean, it’s pretty fucking stupid though
>>
>>201736106
Meadow is the only one I’d actually consider a victim. I can’t blame a kid for being opposed to what their family does but understanding that you only get one family in this life and that you don’t get to choose them. And all her attempts to distance herself from her family are constantly getting thrown back in her face. She can’t escape the stigma no matter what she does so she really slowly is forced to just lean into being a Soprano like it or not.
>>
>>201736265
>>201736363
This is such a retarded take I don’t even know where to begin.
>>
>>201735196
Wait I had this exact same experience of finding sopranos much funnier in rewatch. Not because I was studying character psychology the first time around, just from trying to keep track of who all the fuckin people are and what the various niche italian-american cultural shit meant
>>
>>201736530
>victim
Free cars, top shelf crystal meth, parents using connections to get you into one of the best schools on earth, tuition paid for... what a victim!
>>
>>201736530
In the end she married a wiseguy's kid lol
>>
>>201736695
Yeah OP is pretty darn stupid I agree
>>
>>201736530
She took a mulatto jew to her parents house, she's the most vile character in the show
>>
my favorite scene is when tony hears about meadows bike being stolen. carmela says somebody saw a black guy riding away with it, and it cuts to tony with a shit eating grin as meadow is upset over his reaction.
>>
>>201735276
Filtered
>>
>>201735196
>thinking about the moral stuff
Gay. Were you underage when you first saw it?
>>
>>201736695
says the midwit who treats kino like homework
faggot reddit looking dunning krueger dipshit
>>
>>201739129
They absolutely nailed the black jew psychology though. I've never know a person so unhinged with a perpetual victim personality while simultaneously acting like the most arrogant and smartest person in the room like one I knew a few years ago.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.