[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tv/ - Television & Film

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: alien.webm (2.63 MB, 1920x1080)
2.63 MB
2.63 MB WEBM
was it a swing and a miss from otaking or did he make alien kino?
>>
>>201751873
for a 1man job this was very impressive.
>>
>>201751873
Wtf I literally just watched this
>>
>>201751873
What movie?
>>
>>201754064
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ShGElGusepA
>>
>>201751873
>>201754113
>put the coffee on, make it black
>proceeds to pour own coffee that was always going to be black
What a weird, dumb mistake to make. Especially for an animation. How could you not realize at any point that this makes no sense and makes the character sound retarded.
>>
>>201754156
what's the mistake exactly? it made the coffee she wanted and she poured a cup?
>>
>>201754195
not him but the coffee machine didnt look like a 'robot integrated' coffee machine but its a huge nitpick
>>
>>201751873
It's pretty impressive for a one man act desu
If I had any criticisms, I'd say that the pacing is a bit slow with too many shots of hallways, even when the Xenomorph is revealed and we'remeant to be terrified, the Alien is lethargic for no real reason, and the endings a bit forced. That said, it is a youtube fan film, and I can recognize how much work it already took to make without trying to make some more dynamic action scenes. It's a fine tribute that's pretty to look at, but I don't think it attains kino status
>>
>New Otaking
>3 days later new Code Ment
W-what's going on?
>>
overanimated
>>
>>201754195
>>201754234
There is no other way for the coffee to be prepared. It's just brewed in the coffee maker. She is the only one who can make it not-black by adding milk or cream. It would only make sense if she was speaking to a person/android who would be able to do it for her. The writer obviously just thought it was a cool line and didn't think any deeper, you know, "coffee, black". Standard cool thing to say in a cafe. Yeah, it's not a big deal, but it's really easy to avoid.

inb4
>but its super space future tech there could be milk in the machine too!
Then make it look like that. It's just a standard drip coffee machine that spits black coffee into a carafe. There's no milk in those.
>>
>>201751873
Alien looks rotoscoped.
I sure hope it is, because if that movement was made intentionally this guy needs to up his game.
>>
File: coffee_machine.png (89 KB, 237x258)
89 KB
89 KB PNG
Filter basket CANNOT be easily removed while the carafe is in place.. DROPPED
>>
>>201754557
>bothering to make this instead of making an argument
I accept your concession.
>>
so, she's fucked in the end, right?
>>
This looks like someone tried to draw late 80s anime with cheeto grease fingers
>>
>alien slav squatting
>alien walking down the hallway looking at the ceiling like a tourist

amazing, how do you fuck this up so bad
>>
>>201754631
still mad I fired you from my coffee machine design company I see
>>
anime has had disastrous consequences on western animation
>>
>>201754701
You're literally upset because someone pointed out a mistake in something you like. You're mentally weak.
>>
>>201751873
He is the most powerful /tv/ poster
>>
>>201751873
Just because you call something anime does not make it so
>>
Does it cut to them having sex?
>>
>>201754799
im not even that guy, im just shitposting lmao.
>>
>>201751873
This looks pretty cool
>>
>>201754904
A likely story. I bet you're the creator of the animation. Apologize to everyone right now.
>>
>>201754990
im sorry
>>
>>201752953
There is a lot of room for improvement though
>>
File: porridge.png (1.02 MB, 1141x599)
1.02 MB
1.02 MB PNG
why does a ship with only three 3 crew members need such a high throughput of porridge dispensers in the kitchen, is one not enough
>>
>>201755057
one is decaf
>>
>>201754767
WHAT western animation? Cartoon Network slop and whatever the French are up to?
>>
File: dynamic_food.png (309 KB, 635x324)
309 KB
309 KB PNG
>>201755057
wtf the corn flakes became porridge
>>
File: sgf3s1d2gs.jpg (62 KB, 456x341)
62 KB
62 KB JPG
>>201754441
OU ARE OPERATING UNDER THE ASSUMPTION THAT A "CUP OF COFFEE" ONLY REFERS TO COFFEE WITHOUT DAIRY PRODUCTS (I.E., CREAM OR MILK). GIVEN THAT THERE ARE CONTAINERS SPECIFICALLY LABELED "COFFEE" AND "SUGAR," IT IS CLEAR EVIDENCE THAT THE CODE "COFFEE, BLACK" MEANS EXACTLY THE FOLLOWING: COFFEE WITHOUT THE ADDITION OF SUGAR.

THEREFORE; "SWEET COFFEE" IS WHAT THE MACHINE MAKES BY DEFAULT, BUT IN THIS SPECIFIC CASE, SHOULD BE MADE SUGARLESS. FURTHERMORE, CONSIDERING THE AMOUNT OF COFFEE MADE BY THE COFFEE MAKER, IT IS ESSENTIAL TO SPECIFY THAT THE COFFEE CANNOT CONTAIN SUGAR, SINCE MORE THAN ONE MEMBER OF THE CREW MAY EVENTUALLY CONSUME IT, A SINGLE MEMBER OF THE SHIP CANNOT APPLY COFEE TO A SHARED CONTAINER. RATHER, OTHER MEMBERS CAN CHOOSE TO ADD SUGAR AFTER THE COFFEE IS MADE IF THEY PREFER, BUT ONCE THE COFFEE IS MADE, WE CANNOT REMOVE THE SUGAR.

WHEN ORDERING "COFFEE, BLACK," THE TERM "BLACK" SPECIFICALLY INDICATES THAT THE COFFEE SHOULD BE SERVED WITHOUT ANY ADDITIVES, INCLUDING SUGAR. THE TERM "BLACK" IS A STANDARD INDUSTRY TERM THAT DISTINCTLY REFERS TO COFFEE WITHOUT ANY SWEETENERS OR CREAMERS. IT IS IMPORTANT TO NOTE THAT THE TERM "BLACK" DOES NOT IMPLY ANYTHING ABOUT DAIRY PRODUCTS; INSTEAD, IT FOCUSES SOLELY ON THE ABSENCE OF SUGAR.

THE USE OF THE WORD "BLACK" IN THE CONTEXT OF COFFEE HAS BEEN ESTABLISHED THROUGH COMMON PRACTICE AND IS RECOGNIZED BY BOTH CONSUMERS AND PROFESSIONALS IN THE COFFEE INDUSTRY. THIS PRACTICE ENSURES CLARITY AND CONSISTENCY IN COFFEE ORDERING AND PREPARATION.

FURTHERMORE, LABELS AND CODES IN COFFEE MAKING ARE DESIGNED TO PROVIDE PRECISE INSTRUCTIONS. THE CODE "COFFEE, BLACK" IS CLEARLY INTERPRETED AS A REQUEST FOR COFFEE THAT IS FREE OF SUGAR. IF THE INTENTION WERE TO ORDER COFFEE WITHOUT DAIRY PRODUCTS, THE TERM "BLACK" WOULD NOT BE SUFFICIENT OR APPROPRIATE FOR SUCH SPECIFICATION. INSTEAD, TERMS LIKE "NO CREAM" OR "NO DAIRY" WOULD BE USED TO INDICATE THE ABSENCE OF DAIRY PRODUCTS.
>>
>>201755128
The New Normal or whatever it was called
>>
>>201755151
thank you anon im really glad we cleared this up
>>
>>201755151
i don't drink coffee but i always thought 'black' referred to absence of both sugar and cream. as in, nothing in it.
>>
>>201755151
At no place or time, anywhere, has black coffee meant "without sugar". This theory of yours is incorrect. I would urge you to once again read the original post, it covers everything necessary.

I do however see how much this animation means to you, and i assure you that one mistake does not ruin the entire production. And even if it did, you could still enjoy it as much as you like personally.
>>
I was gonna watch it but now I won't because this coffee guy is such a retard
>>
Not a fan of rotoscoping and this much makes it feel like he ran some shitty interpolation filter
>>
>>201755469
You're better off. It's terribly derivative.
>>
every time the girl is on screen it just gives off uncanny valley vibes
>>
>>201755419
>At no place or time, anywhere, has black coffee meant "without sugar"
I would say I wanted my coffee black to keep sugar out of it if I was ordering. Black always means "don't put anything in it".
>>
>>201755469
I think you're confused.
>>
>>201755469
snowflake idiot.
Trump won,btw
>>
>>201755632
No it doesn't. It means "no dairy" because that's what changes the color. Black coffee can have sugar and the color is the same. Logically this makes no sense, and i've never heard anyone use "black" to mean "no sugar". The fact you're saying "if" suggests you never order black coffee, so you're just imagining that it would work.

And this is really beside the point. A drip coffee machine does not add milk or sugar. It just brews the coffee and keeps it warm.
>>
>>201755632
>Black always means "don't put anything in it".
no it means black. ie nothing that's going to alter that particular characteristic. this doesn't include sugar.
>>
>>201755794
I order that way, and it works every time. They give me coffee without any sugar or cream. If you don't say "black" they will immediately ask you what you want in it, so saying black is a quick way of saying you want nothing in it. That could be a more advanced coffee maker than just a normal drip machine, and can make lattes or mocha or anything you ask. It is sci fi after all.
>>
File: file.png (988 KB, 1684x1095)
988 KB
988 KB PNG
this also just dropped https://youtu.be/AhMGns6TcL0
>>
>>201754557
Absolutamente autistapillado
>>
>>201755794
>A drip coffee machine does not add milk or sugar. It just brews the coffee and keeps it warm.
not in the future
>>
It should have ended with the alien facehugger being in the mining rig.
>>
>>201751873
I thought the character was retarded for just sitting around waiting for the ship to impact and blow up instead of trying to put some distance between herself and it.
Then again maybe she assumed she was going to die out there anyway so she hoped the detonation might just kill her.
Enjoyable watch either way.
>>
>>201755930
I think you're lying, based on your previous "if". No one thinks saying "black coffee" is saying "no sugar". A regular response to someone being asked if they would like some coffee, is to respond "black, no sugar" or "black, two sugars" or whatever combination. Anyway, it is beside the point.
>That could be a more advanced coffee maker than just a normal drip machine, and can make lattes or mocha or anything you ask. It is sci fi after all.
Then don't draw a normal drip coffee machine, as i said earlier. There's even a normal microwave, which actually fits with the aesthetic in a way. Like the really old computer terminals.
>>201756213
Refer to the above. Though i'll add, if you're gonna use the "futuristic" cope, you might as well just have one big sci-fi machine that dispenses all food and beverages with unseen mechanisms and supply.
>>
>>201755930
this is 100% true at least here in the UK. coffee, black means pure coffee. these fake coffee drinkers are spurging
>>201756559
thats how I order it too
>>
>>201754156
>>201754441
Us coffee heads, am I right?
Shhh
Not yet
You may speak now.
>>
>>201756865
Maybe you're the local autist that the coffee place knows, and they know what you specifically mean when you make the exact same order every time. Either that or it's a place where everyone adds their own sugar by default, with sugar packets available on the tables, so you'd only need to specify milk or not.
>>201757039
What's wrong with coffee?
>>
File: abv7PoO_460swp.jpg (59 KB, 676x388)
59 KB
59 KB JPG
>americans so used to their ice cream factories, they think asking for normal "black coffee" means without their pump cumin and pumpking spice and not just "coffee"
Of course! Sugar is just a basic part of every american meal.
Starbucks fucked american's brains

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.