[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tv/ - Television & Film

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 55433.png (556 KB, 574x574)
556 KB
556 KB PNG
No farms anywhere
>>
>>201757141
The eat the previous year's unused tax forms.
>>
why is there no religion in lotr? there are no churches, no priests, no altars, nobody ever mentions god or gods despite god canonically existing in the world. are they all atheists?
>>
>>201757222
Sorry chud but they don’t need religion in a world with real magic
>>
>>201757222
Canonically, they didn't need religion because God made himself known to them unambiguously.

But also because Tolkien didn't want to distract the reader from the Christian allegory that was the entire corpus.
>>
>>201757248
and they don't question where it comes from?

>>201757259
why don't they ever mention him? not even "god help us all"
>>
Maggoty bread
>>
>>201757141
the farms are just offscreen, dummy
>>
>>201757306
They do know where it comes from. Eru doesn't ask for faith and penance and offerings like most contemporary religions preach. He simply exists as his emissaries do his work. They don't know a God to whom they can pray and call upon.
>>
>>201757141
Seriously, why do you retards keep making lotr threads like this? If you want to discuss lotr just tax post you dope
>>
>>201757222
If you knew god was real, wouldn't commit to him even more?

Doesn't LOTR subscribe to the idea that god once existed but have since become absent, only intervening by sending the angels.

Honestly, realistically there would be a cult following Gandalf because he is literally a messenger of god.
>>
>>201757248
are you literally retarded
>>
>>201757141
>You mean to tell me that fantasy movies for children don't make sense?
I bet you are fun at parties
>>
if places like Tibet and Machu Picchu etc can support populations then this place can easily
>>
>>201757141
They're Europeans , they only smoke cigarettes and drink Monster
>>
>>201757141
Hackson was a hack, I'm glad to see more and more people realize this. His only good movie was Fellowship
>>
>>201758450
Ah, yes, I'm remembering all the religions rites and pagan rituals that Tolkien wrote and Jackson declined to include in the films.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.