[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tv/ - Television & Film

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Has anyone seen or even heard of this? I thought I was pretty well versed in obscure, niche, cult, and indie films, but I only heard about it today through a YouTube video talking about '11 most racist musicians' and apparently one of them (Johnny Rebel) had their music featured in this film, which is what put it on my radar.

Turns out, this film is basically lost media. Nobody knows where to find it, it doesn't seem to be in-print anywhere, and all links that previously pointed to uploads are now defunct.

I only really know of Crispin Glover for his role in Back to the Future, which I surprisingly only recently watched the trilogy of a month or two ago, despite being 43 and it being a huge part of my generation. The friend who I watched it with pointed out Glover and described him as "a weird dude" and I read about how he basically shot his career in the foot by demanding to be paid as much as Michael J Fox for his role in BttF or something.

So what's the story with this film? Have any of you seen it? Know where I can?
>>
I liked him in River's Edge, played kind of a dick but really weird like everything he's in. I just like that movie.
>>
>>201765355
Found it on slsk in avi format just now.
Thanks for putting me onto this, sounds weird as hell. Love Crispin Glover. He always plays really weird bit parts. Dead Man, Wild At Heart, and Hot Tub Time Machine are my favourites of his outside of Back to the Future.
>>
>>201767543
Just tried a download now. It’s definitely the right movie, but it’s potato quality. The others might not be though, although I wouldn’t be optimistic. Still it’s there
>>
Isn't that also the title of the essay he wrote on Spielberg
>>
Crispin tours the world showing the film and doing a slideshow, pretty sure this is his only income. He is literally distributing it himself.
>>
>>201768497
Correct.
>>
>>201767543

Thanks for the heads-up. I wasn't aware of this program but I'm getting it now.
>>
>>201765355
It's not lost media. It's not very good either. My friend has a copy on his harddrive and we watched it over a decade ago in college.
>>
>>201765723
>MYYAAAATTTTTT WE GOTTA GO SEE FECK TO HELP JOHN
>>
>>201765355
Was the video about racist musicians you watched any good? If so link it or tell us who made it, sounds mildly interesting if it was actually competently researched and edited
>>
>>201765723
Rivers Edge is such an underrated movie, your post is only the second or third time I’ve seen it mentioned on here in several years but a while back a local independent theater screened a 35mm print of it with Daniel Roebuck (the guy who played John, the murderer) in attendance and he did a Q&A and a signing afterwards, it was pretty cool. The hilarious part was most of the questions he was asked were about Crispin Glover like how he was behaving off camera, and how the crew were reacting to his unhinged performance on and off camera. He said Crispin was pretty out there and basically acted the same whether the cameras were rolling or not the entire time and it made everyone limit their contact with him if possible but he would just show up anyway if the rest of the younger cast members who were somewhat around his age were chilling together and weird everyone out.
>>
>>201765355
I’ve seen ‘It Is Fine! Everything Is Fine’ but not this one. Apparently he puts money from Hollywood gigs like Charlie’s Angels into stuff like this. I respect it even though the one I saw was not good
>>
>>201771659
Based! My ex saw Crispin at the 99 cents only on sunset near his house. He was looking at panty hose. I myself saw him at a movie and his date was an insanely hot with y woman, natch.
>>
>>201770566
>I THOUGHT WE WERE A TEAM! LIKE STARSKY AND HUTCH!
>>
i watched a screening of this in trondheim, norway years ago when crispin was in the crowd
i walked over to him and shook his hand afterwards
>>
Holy shit, I downloaded this film and I'm checking it out now... I'm sad about the quality, but intrigued nevertheless. This reminds me of what you'd get if you mixed Dandy Dust, Forbidden Zone, and Dr. Caligari, maybe with a dash of Gummo. Wild shit so far, and the most surreal part is seeing Crispin Glover in a film of this caliber.

>>201770644

I think it was AI-generated, but it was somewhat informative. I recognized a lot of the artists at the beginning because I had a friend in highschool that was really into white power music and still owns a bunch of CDs he bought off of Resistance Records or some shit, they're probably worth a lot of money now since they're impossible to buy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcR_XuBe7Kg
>>
>>201772361
How is it so far now OP? I’m interested but not entirely sold
>>
>>201772049
where did you see it is fine, was that at one of his roadshow presentations?
>>
>>201774355
Yeah, in northern England. Didn’t care for the film but his Q&A was interesting and he seemed pleasant enough though obviously a little bit quirky. An annoying woman kept yelling Back to the Future related stuff which was a bit stupid
>>
>>201765355
Has anyone watched that film he's in smiley face killers
>>
>>201775034
Yes it’s bad. Beautifully photographed but bad.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.