[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tv/ - Television & Film

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: avatar2.jpg (316 KB, 1454x835)
316 KB
316 KB JPG
>$2,320,250,281
How did James Cameron manage to pull this off?
The movie was supposed to underperform bigly. We were talking about this being the end of Avatar and the sequels being canned because there was no fucking way they were going to make their money back on it.

Instead it somehow managed to become the third highest grossing film of all time.
How?
>>
File: hq720.jpg (45 KB, 686x386)
45 KB
45 KB JPG
the graphics. that's what it's all about.
>>
>highest and third highest grossing movies of all time
>ZERO cultural impact
>>
>>201770694
I still can't get over how much money that is. The entire avatar series is going to cost the same as developing that new big Mars rocket, and maybe take the same amount of time too
>>
>>201770694
Escapism
>>
>>201770984
The money goes to Cameron who will then actually use it to build the rocket rather than watch movies with it. or rather build a submarine.
>>
>>201771246
>Cameron made the movies to fund an alpha centauri mission
>>
>>201771635
Damnit Cameron, when will you make a spin-off with the ISV on a trip to a new world where it can show off more and the humans can win?!
>>
It was mid but I will still watch every single one
>>
>>201770876
apart from the impact it had that i cant be bothered to list again as i already have and you plebs STILL trot out this lie.
>>
File: 1672943844714531.webm (1.01 MB, 498x372)
1.01 MB
1.01 MB WEBM
Jim always wins. Why haven't you figured this out yet?
>>
>>201770694
People are desperate to see portrayals of a world better and more wholesome than our own. The world is so trash right now.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.