[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tv/ - Television & Film

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: rebel-1721662433604.png (541 KB, 1280x720)
541 KB
541 KB PNG
>"prepare to witness Zack Snyder's true vision"
>Rebel Moon Part 1
>Directed by Zack Snyder
>Screenplay by Zack Snyder
>Story by Zack Snyder
>Produced by Zack Snyder
>Starring Zack Snyder
>Cinematography by Zack Snyder
>Edited by Zack Snyder
>Music by Zack Snyder
>Casting by Zack Snyder
>Visual Effects by Zack Snyder
>Slow Motion by Zack Snyder
I don't understand, why couldn't Zack Snyder deliver his vision the first time if he managed every aspect of the movie?
>>
>>201771805
It’s definitely not Zack Snyder’s fault even though he’s had to do alternate cuts of almost everything he’s directed
>>
File: IMG_6252.jpg (22 KB, 640x313)
22 KB
22 KB JPG
>>201771805
They think people are going to care about “The Snyder Cut” like they did with Justice League. (They won’t)
>>
>>201771805
it was his evil twin brother Snack Zyder
>>
>>201771845
He should release the 300 Director Cut
>>
>>201772313
He might as well complete the set. Are that and Man of Steel the only ones? Maybe the owl one, I don’t know. Dawn of the Dead got one, Watchmen got two different extended cuts, Sucker Punch has one and he wants to do another I think, BvS got one, the Snyder Cut obviously, now these…
>>
>>201771805
I watched Part 1 and it was pretty bad. I was shocked at how generic he made everything despite it being a possibly cool universe that almost had 40k or Helghast vibes.
>>
>>201771805
I know this is a weird Disney anti-Snyder post, but I'll bite.

Both parts of the Netflix Rebel Moon Cut are 100% Netflix's baby. Snyder shot a ton of footage and a bunch of alternate, more PG, takes specifically for Netflix as part of their deal. Netflix gets total creative control over their cut, and in return Snyder gets to later release his cut. That was the deal. They get one, he gets one. We've seen their cut, which is apparently dramatically different and far shorter. We have no idea what the Snyder Cut of Rebel Moon is going to look like. At the very least, it should fill in some of the crazy gaps in the Netflix Cut.
>>
>>201772911
Disney?
>>
File: carruth.jpg (104 KB, 858x536)
104 KB
104 KB JPG
>>201771805
there is one guy who is actually competent in all those
>>
>>201772911
>Snyder shat a ton of footage
ftfy
>>
>>201771805
Netflix paid him to make this movie and promised if he made a pg13 version they'd pay and release his own movie. He let Netflix cut and rewrite everything they wanted for the ph13 version. He knew his own version would still be released Rated R.

short version: Netflix paid him to do this. He agreed, that's that.
>>
>>201774315
That doesn't mean he had to make the first ones shit
>>
>>201771895
It will have millions of views on Netflix and you will cope.
>>
File: IMG_1563.jpg (239 KB, 1290x917)
239 KB
239 KB JPG
>>201776823
>giggle
>>
i watched part one with no expectations so i wasn't disappointed, but wasn't surprised either. how does he keep getting hundreds of millions to make movies?
>>
>>201772911
I've read the novelization that is based on the OG screenplay. In the theatrical cut the village head gives a little speech about how they should sow their seed. In the novelization/this cut, he's like, "You should all fuck." In the PG-1 version the main character smiles at one of the villagers, and it cuts to her arriving home. In the novel/R rated cut, they fuck.

The pacing of the PG-13 version is super weird, but I don't think it needed to be weird. I think they made bad calls on what to cut and what to trim.
>>
>>201777164
zack is the fairly handsome but unemployed, deadbeat loser of filmmaking. women (producers) see him and believe that they can fix him (reign in his style-over-substance).
>>
File: 1597885958564.gif (1.25 MB, 400x400)
1.25 MB
1.25 MB GIF
>>201776913
>the largest streaming service on the planet doesn't know how to calculate viewership
Look at you. Look at you pretending to be so smart and knowing important things that really matter.
>>
>>201777551
What a vagina-centric way to look at him. Is this the power of sóy?
>>
>>201774315
>Netflix paid him to make this movie and promised if he made a pg13

How come there's a bunch of stuff Netflix produces and shows that is not pg13?
>>
>>201777670
Snyder’s the one saying it, bro.
For the record, I went to the Rebel Moon 2 premiere in London. It was held at a small cinema and they gave tickets away to fill it up. Snyder seems like a pleasant guy
>>
>>201778150
>didn't see the Rogan interview
He flat out said this was how Netflix calculates their numbers. Numerically speaking, more people saw RM than Barbie in the theaters, despite all the "Barbenheimer" faggotry. WB is free to seethe if it helps but this isn't the 20th century anymore.
>>
>>201778585
Yes, I know. They guess that twice as many people are actually watching, which is frankly laughable and based on nothing.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.