[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tv/ - Television & Film

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: uncharted.jpg (209 KB, 1000x1481)
209 KB
209 KB JPG
>wildly successful video game series that plays like a movie and is made for the big screen
>cast Tom Holland as Nathan and Wahlberg as Sully
>it bombs
What the fuck were they even thinking? These games are already movies, all they needed was competent casting and to stick to the material and they'd have had a successful trilogy.
>>
Fillion would have been perfect if he were a little younger.
>>
>playing Uncharted
>think they should make a movie about it
>turn on tv
>this movie is on
>mfw
>>
It would have done better with no famous protags at all. Bringing in Holland to play Nathan was such a huge mistake since he was already established in people's minds. Not to mention he just doesn't look the part. Bandaras as the bad guy was fine, but Nathan had to be a new guy who could be Nathan for the entire series. Sully's actor could be established or not, but definitely not Wahlberg (who I like).
>>
>>201781848
I concur. The spider man kid is an annoying faggot that ruins everything he's in.
>>
was foolish to not do the movie right after Uncharted 2 with Nathan Fillion
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5CZQpqF_74

holland was a fucking joke and didnt match any of Nate's charisma, wouldve been a slam dunk action hit especially once everyone realized they go to fantasy place in the final act
>>
>>201781607
i never knew this was a game series when i watched it on netflix
it was 'fine'
i didnt expect much more
>>
Fillion is a good suggestion since the character he plays in everything is very similar to Nathan. I still think an unknown was the way to go, someone with a fresh slate. Someone who looks and acts the part and the trilogy would have been fantastic. And launched Nathan's actor into the A list.
>>
There never needed to be a movie, the games are already playable movies
>>
>>201781996
You should play the games, as movies they're WAYYY better. The gameplay is kinda fun as well. The guy who plays Nathan in the games is also way better than Tom Holland.
>>
>>201781607
Still not as bad as what (((they))) did to TLOU
>>
>>201781607
Sequel is in the works, you doodoo
>>
>>201781848
Definitely suffered from Sony not being too rigid with casting when production was up in there air. I've heard that Wahlberg was originally brought in to play Nathan but he aged out while it was being bounced from director to director, so Sony tapped Holland because it was the easy thing to do and cast Wahlberg as Sully instead. Once you learn this the 10+ year production hell is really glaring.
>>
games are underrated, the visuals and characters are amazing and the gun fights are as fun as any third person shooter can be
>>
>>201782049
you lack vision the script and story for an uncharted game based one 2 or 4 would be the best action adventure movie of its year, itd be a modern cruise film
>>
>>201782724
I loved the hell out of the games. I enjoyed the Tomb Raider-esque gameplay, but it was the dialogue that made it. Nathan and Sully were kino as fuck. So much so I was literally sad when it ended.
>>
>>201782844
nathan drake is still the model for coolest possible adult male, and sully might aswell be for seniors
>>
Uncharted games are kino.
>>
You guys are making me wanna replay these games. It's been years but I now miss them.
>>
>>201781607
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5CZQpqF_74
Everyone knew Fillion should have played Nathan Drake, hell even if you had Fillion playing old Nathan Drake and Holland playing young Nathan Drake it could have worked out fine.
>>
File: 20240117_225213.jpg (2.43 MB, 4032x1908)
2.43 MB
2.43 MB JPG
>>201781607
I will never watch this movie as long as I live
Doesn't exist as far as I'm concerned
>>
>>201781883
The symbol of youth + HOPE (please clap for democracy), please take the Russo Hax in good faith
>>
>>201782582
>10+ year production hell is really glaring.
10 years for an okay Indiana Jones knock off that I and everyone else forgot about in less than 10 days.
T. Haven't played the games.
>>
>>201781607
It would have been better if they went with Wahlberg as Nathan, he's not that old. Definitely not old enough to be Sully. The whole reason he is because he was under contract but production went so long he sorta aged out in their eyes. The movie ends up weird as a result cause it's like there are two Nathan's.
>>
>>201781607
it did not bomb. it was one of the highest grossing covid movies.
>>
File: file.png (43 KB, 329x947)
43 KB
43 KB PNG
>>201781607
>this is somehow a bomb to OP
>>
>>201781607
>action movie in the jungle
>everhtjing is CG
I hate sterile films and won’t watch them.
>>
>>201781607
I know that I watched this movie, but I can barely remember it aside from the ending. Also, that each sticky situation they got into was dumber than the situations from the games I played.
Very generic action, flick.
>>
>>201785230
>Outgrossed Dialator of Destiny

Disneysisses ...
>>
>>201785841
sony was smart enough to not make chloe the main character of uncharted
>>
>>201784945
More like it should have dropped in 2017 or something, work started when the first game was doing well as a PS3 exclusive and the movie didn't come out until over five years after the last one released on the PS4. It got bounced from director to director because nothing was happening with the script and when that finally starts going places Covid goes into full swing further messing things up. That shows with when Wahlberg was attached, he expected to play Nathan.

Also we know what Sony execs are like after those emails.
>>
the commercial for the final game with the pixies plying is pure kino. Never played the game because I was a tomb raider fan but that won me over. Shame their gaming channel split, go watch and subscribe to them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BD9dJZ6Dgx4
>>
Characters were not likeable.
>>
Sully is the best written wingman in the last 20 years. Anyone who played the games loves this man and would run through a brick wall for him.
>>
>>201783461
bravo, I have only played metal gear and final fantasy for that long.
>>
Adaptations are pozzed more often than not. Look at Last of Us. That should have been a slam dunk but instead they had hairy men going balls deep into each other.
>>
>>201781607
Doing it as an origin story was a mistake. What's the point of making an adaptation of an iconic character if he only gains his iconic look for a minute at the very end?
Also, the party where they lift the old goonies-esque ship with a helicopter was retarded, even by Uncharted's already unrealistic fantasy-adventure standards.
>>
They adapted the wrong adventure game
>>
File: 1704304185568.png (182 KB, 404x266)
182 KB
182 KB PNG
>>201788835
Women wore skirts/dresses and makeup in the 1940s Rosie the riveter wasnt the norm and shouldn't be a standard for women to follow, Rita Hayworth was the standard and what women should actually strive to be, also a the diversity tribal happens to be a female warrior, woke trash
>>
>>201789777
Your kind is really exhausting to deal with.
>>
File: 1690829309001.png (468 KB, 853x1000)
468 KB
468 KB PNG
>>201789910
Look whos talking

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.