[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tv/ - Television & Film

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1721198384559987.png (145 KB, 661x523)
145 KB
145 KB PNG
>I'm the bad guy?
>How'd that happen? I did everything they told me to do.
>>
I did everything right and they indicted me
>>
>>201788395
>Baby Boomer gets mad at the system he sustained and mindlessly obeyed: The Movie
>>
>>201788632
/thread
>>
>>201788395
Who is "they"?
>>
is the book swatstika bitches real or just a prop?
>>
who told this lil nigga to shoot up a fast food place and destroy some koreans guy store?
>>
D-fens' anger problems, limited social skills, poor awareness and months of faking going to work suggest that he had some undiagnosed mental illness that he never got any help for because of how broken society had become. He was ultimately a victim just like everyone else, despite all the bad things he did.
>>
If I'm forced to use self check out don't scan an item and if they don't like it fuck you
>>
>>201788983
Society.
>>
>>201789430
get prepared for a dummy to use excessive force to take you down.
>>
File: file.jpg (41 KB, 720x480)
41 KB
41 KB JPG
>>201788395
yea Chud, he was literally the bad guy.
>>
>>201789011
Yeah, this line doesn't make any sense. His life was going fine precisely until he STOPPED doing what they told him to do and became a criminal lunatic lmao
>>
>>
File: IMG_4613.jpg (45 KB, 1280x720)
45 KB
45 KB JPG
>>201788395
>YOU FUCKING SLANTY EYED GOOKS. IT’S *YOUR* FAULT FOR INFLATION IT’S ALL YOUR FAULT *smashes windows* YOU CHING CHONG MOTHAFUCKAS ARE ALWAYS TRYING TO PULL A FAST ONE ON US *smashes register* but not today you little yellow bastard. YOU FUCKED WITH THE WRONG ULTRA WHITE ARYAN MONSTER *smashes Twinkie display* I REMEMBER WHEN COKE COSTED A NICKEL DO THEY EVEN HAVE COCA COLA IN CHING CHONG NIP NONG LAND? *smashes cup noodles* DIE GOOK DIE YOU DIE AND GO TO HEEEEELLLLLLLLL *sharts*
>>
>>201790004
His life stopped being fine years before the start of the story.
>>
>>201790004
>His life was going fine precisely until he STOPPED doing what they told him to do
His wife had left him, he had no contact with his daughter, he had recently been fired from his job and no one would hire him for a new one. Him going nuts was a byproduct of him losing everything and having no future after doing everything he was told to.
>>
>>201790174
>>201790564
My bad. I remembered he had a tense relationship with his family but I forgot he lost his job and everything. Still, I think he overreacted.
>>
>>201790695
>Still, I think he overreacted.
Men with no future and nothing left to lose tend to do that.
>>
>His wife had left him, he had no contact with his daughter, he had recently been fired from his job and no one would hire him for a new one.
From what I remember about the movie, wasn't he an engineer for a defense contractor? The stuff about his family is brutal but it's not like he literally had nothing. With his educational background and career experience he could have easily found another job, even a relatively low-end gig for a 30-year old engineer is probably way beyond what the average person will make in a year. Not to mention that he probably had a security clearance, which is gold. Dude could have moved to Maryland and made bank. And he wouldn't have to worry about getting stuck in hot traffic 10 months out of the year.

He didn't lose everything, and he still had a future. But he chose to believe he didn't and snapped. I think that's the real tragedy of the movie, there's a different story where he doesn't go berserk and eventually manages to reconcile with his wife and kid.
>>
>>201791014
Do they ever say why he snapped on his family or what he did to them?
>>
>>201788983
Oh, you know.
>>
>>201791136
He didn't actually do anything to his family, his wife divorced him and had a restraining order put on him basically because she thought he might snap and turn violent eventually. Which may or may not have been a self-fulfilling prophecy.
>>
>>201791014
>wasn't he an engineer for a defense contractor?
He was, but you have to keep in mind the time period. It's implied he loses his job in the wake of the end of the cold war, presumably as one of many engineers who fall victim to the resultant downsizing. Hence him being in such a bad spot, nobody needs his skill set anymore now that America has supposedly won forever. And whatever alternative jobs exist for which he isn't overqualified, he has to compete for them with former colleagues. Apparently without success. He also probably doesn't want to move to the other end of the country because that would mean giving up on ever seeing his daughter again before she becomes an adult, limiting his options even further
>>
>>201791588
The problem is that his skillset is so insanely valuable that I find it hard to believe he could be put in such a desperate position. The downsizing of the US military post-Cold War didn't lead to some kind of apocalypse for engineers working at Lockheed or Raytheon.
>He also probably doesn't want to move to the other end of the country because that would mean giving up on ever seeing his daughter again before she becomes an adult, limiting his options even further
This makes a lot more sense. But even then, if you take the big defense contractors on the east coast off the table, there have to be tons of companies in California who'd be happy to hire a guy with a background in doing whatever it was that he did.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.