[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tv/ - Television & Film

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: freypie.jpg (399 KB, 894x894)
399 KB
399 KB JPG
the north remembers edition
prev >>202074357
>>
File: 1715411566730021.png (418 KB, 333x897)
418 KB
418 KB PNG
/\ PEAKE /\
>>
>>202079539
I want to be the lord of a Targaryen offshoot branch named House Brightwater that exists on an island in the narrow sea
>>
>>202079539
Based degenerate Manderleys punishing treacherous Freys Titus Andronicus-style.
>>
BEEware the Bees BEEneath the boards
>>
(Picking up from the last thread)
So how would Sanderson-written Winds of Winter look?
I’ve stayed away from his works (strikes me as pretty basic and pedestrian, and a much more generic brand of fantasy). And the fact that he has great output doesn’t really inspire much confidence in me either.
>>
>>202079539
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jkPKxBDY-g
>>
File: black treachery.png (1.3 MB, 1920x960)
1.3 MB
1.3 MB PNG
What did he mean by this?
>>
File: IMG_2906.jpg (135 KB, 1210x1210)
135 KB
135 KB JPG
TAOOBA, WITH HASTE.
>>
>>202079626
With an epic sword fight on top of a mountain of lightning flashing every other POV and Gods being systemised and real.

But Sanderson is a weirdo Mormon prude. He could never write scenes like Asha having sex. He's just too dorky.
>>
>>202079539
we lost lord manderly and in exchange we got...
>>
File: file.png (6 KB, 351x70)
6 KB
6 KB PNG
Kyle the Cat
>>
>>202079539
>whole point of the books is that Ned is proven right and his honor is rewarded with the North being loyal to his family after his death
>meanwhile Tywin's family implodes once he's dead and the people no longer have to fear him
>show has Sansa girlboss scheme her way to taking back Winterfell while shitting on Ned and Jon for being fools
great writing D&D
>>
>>202079668
George save us from this fate pls
>>
>>202079626
Sanderson has already said he won't do it. He's not a fan of ASOIAF and thinks their writing styles clash completely.

The only writer that could do it is Daniel Abraham who worked on the ASOIAF comics and GRRM has even told Daniel Abraham what the final scene of the story is

>Q: Have you collaborated at all with George R.R. Martin in the process of adapting the novel to comics? If so, what’s the creative process there?
>A: I’ve spoken to George a lot in the process. The biggest issues we have are continuity questions. There are things about this story that only he knows, and they aren’t all obvious. "There was one scene I had to rework because there's a particular line of dialog -- and you wouldn't know it to look at -- that's important in the last scene of "A Dream of Spring."
>>
File: let me die.jpg (122 KB, 683x377)
122 KB
122 KB JPG
mfw the leaks
>>
>>202079747
>I’ve spoken to George a lot in the process. The biggest issues we have are continuity questions. There are things about this story that only he knows, and they aren’t all obvious. "There was one scene I had to rework because there's a particular line of dialog -- and you wouldn't know it to look at -- that's important in the last scene of "A Dream of Spring."
I guess it was something to do with Time Traveling Bran. By Georges own admission, it took him 6 years to nail Bran 3 of aDwD.
>>
File: bastards club.jpg (270 KB, 2038x2048)
270 KB
270 KB JPG
>I'm putting together a team
>>
Now that a year has passed can we hear anons confession.
>>
File: King Bran.jpg (60 KB, 568x796)
60 KB
60 KB JPG
>>202079805
Close. It's actually the "who has a better story than Bran the Broken" scene that we got in the show highlighting the importance of stories. It's something that was planted in the first book and the comic that adapted it.

People are going to throw a fit if they ever see the ending GRRM made whether it's under him or a different author that his estate picks using his notes
>>
>>202079835
>can't make Rhaenyra look like a mean white Karen by forcing the black guy to die to prove his loyalty
>turn Jace into an asshole who alienates the dragon sneeds which is what causes their betrayal(because the poor working class people also can't be bad guys who become power hungry)
>will probably have him blamed for his own death because "he was cocky and arrogant to fly into a battle" or something like that
I'm tired of modern writers bros
>>
>>202079924
The problem with Bran as hive-mind infected king of Westeros is that it goes sooooo fucking hard against everything George has ever written - Armaggedon Rag, Under Siege, Sandkings. They are all existentialist, ''free will above all'', ''Gods are evil and so is objective morality'' type of stories.
Like if I ever met I would ask him how he intends to resolve this intention between all-seeing, near omnipotent God-like character and characters choosing their own fates.
>>
File: triggered fags.jpg (82 KB, 942x476)
82 KB
82 KB JPG
>https://youtu.be/LDfzNSz0C8s?feature=shared

Skip at 16:50
>"These people are MONGRELS!"
The bar's reaction is ridiculous. Apparently saying the word "MONGRELS" is like saying NIGGER or calling someone a WHORE (like Vaemond did) They have the similar negative reaction.
>>
>>202079805
>>202079924
>And who has a better story than King Bran the Broken?
>>
>>202080008
Could only handle a couple seconds of that before I had to close the tab
>>
>>202080022
where can I download these comics?
>>
Am I the only one completely at a peace with a “Bran the broken” ending?
>>
>>202080093
yes
>>
>>202080007
I think part of the reason GRRM is struggling is that he wanted to write a subversive fantasy book but he realizes the ending will suck if he does. Plus he's created a world where his leftist ideology is literally retarded because you've got Starks and Targs with magical abilities via their blood. Fuck democracy, they deserve to rule by divine right
>>
File: F4x2PqEWQAASmgj.jpg (95 KB, 1334x750)
95 KB
95 KB JPG
>>202080008
>
>>
>>202080008
They're going to clap and cheer about his death because he'll say a few more slurs and apparently that's enough to dislike a character.
>>
>>202080093
it would be fine if they'd actually leaned into the evilness of an omnipotent big brother god ruling over humanity as king. But instead they just treated it as normal and ended with Tyrion's gay joke as the final lines
>>
>>202080093
Do you mean Bloodraven and Bran’s combined consciousness taking over Jon’s body and becoming God Emperor of Westeros or just Bran?
>>
Varamyr Sixskins is such a trippy chapter to open the book with.
>>
>>202080008
Jace isn't even my favourite character but this made me cringe hard. A bunch of snowflakes, their reaction is too much.
>>
>>202080216
gives you a good idea of how the Stark kings of old probably acted
>>
>>202080176
Obviously it can’t just be current Bran. That was just D&D wanting to stick by GRRM’s “canon ending” but have done nothing to develop Bran in the last 4 seasons (I think he was even skipped entirely in one season). They were lucky that the actor for Bran turned out creepy-looking, since it added something. And his delivery of “why did you think I came all this way” sounding eerie, even though they probably didn’t even write it that way.
>>
>>202080008
They would laugh and clap if Rhaenyra said that line instead.
>>
>>202080216
GRRM hasn’t missed with the prologues. Only Pate was pretty boring.
>>
>>202079626
Sanderson is fucking garbage. So some retarded shit probably
>>
>>202080008
Where is Bessie? How would she react?
>>
>>202080146
To be clear, I meant in the books. I don’t know why anyone would try to defend anything in the show past season 4.
>>
>>202080285
I thought Pate was kino. The Jaqen reveal genuinely caught me off guard, and the Citadel in general is just cool
>>
>>202079747
Richard K Morgan would be my pick if it were up to me.
>>
>>202079747
>>202080339
I'd rather never have it than anyone but George write them.
>>
File: stories.jpg (137 KB, 1003x754)
137 KB
137 KB JPG
>>202080061
https://readcomiconline.li/Comic/A-Game-Of-Thrones

They even kept the scene of Ned nutting in Catelyn.

The Clash of King comics are better and better-drawn though:

https://readallcomics.com/category/george-r-r-martins-a-clash-of-kings/
>>
>>202080446
I'd prefer that as well, but if he's not going to write then someone else needs must.
>>
>>202080446
I think the most likely outcome is that after George passes away and dust settles, one of this anointed heirs of estate will collect notes, stories from people close to him in a sort of a ''From the Mind of GRRM'' type of wiki-encyclopaedia book. We might learn enough from that to build good headcanon. That's all I hope for.
>>
>>202080446
it's that thinking that's led to grrm sitting on his ass. he's not some god, he's a fucking guy.

he could have easily paid a whole fucking team of writers to help him. assign a different group of POVs to each, give them the broad strokes of his plans and let them go nuts, then prune, change, or add to the shit they write, or make them fucking do it again and again until he has a story he likes. save the climactic scenes for himself to write, and boom. shit could have been done ages ago
>>
>>202080008
The normies actually like Ulf and clapping at his scenes and that's so funny knowing what happens next.
>>
>>202080547
Sure it would be done, but would it be good?
>>
>>202080587
why couldn't it? why does it all have to come directly from the fingertips of one guy for it to be good?
>>
>>202080547
>Ah yes, hiring people to help me will reduce my workload
t. someone who now has additional workload

I get where you're coming from, though.
>>
>daemon can’t get it up all season 1
>his wife was half black but his daughters look even blacker than their own mother
>“i knew you couldn’t finish”
Daemon is a cuck isn’t he?
>>
Ulf never had the makings of a Valyrian athlete.
>>
>>202080658
It totally could be good, but I think if anyone tried to come up with the broadstrokes except for George, it's going to be bad.
I don't think writing the actual prose is the hard part for George, I think he's stuck on figuring out the plot
>>
>>202080658
Being a creative manager is time consuming. It's also just exhausting, juggling people's egos and ieas.
t.i stage plays al local amateur theatre

It works for Sanderson because he write fantasy-action RPG video games in novel form.
>>
File: IMG_20240803_064128.jpg (304 KB, 2048x2048)
304 KB
304 KB JPG
CUTE CUTE CUTE
>>
File: 1720381442649079.png (667 KB, 750x858)
667 KB
667 KB PNG
....semoc eH
>>
>>202080007
>>202080146
Read Tuf Voyaging by GRRM. You'll read a similar story about a fully pragmatic guy ending up with god-like power. It's also part of the evidence that Preston Jacobs picked up that had him conclude the ending would involve Bran more than Jon or Dany years before the TV show even came out:

>Preston Jacobs: "The question is what is good in the long term and what will last. Now many people read Ice and Fire and hope for Jon and Dany to sit on the Iron throne at the end but that is not a lasting answer. The problems facing Westeros are incredibly complicated and I would say they too require a god-like intervention. This would point us more toward an ending involving Bran or the weirwood net."

>From his Tuf Voyaging video (The Plague Star):

>Preston Jacobs: I'll say this about Jon Snow being the chosen one and defeating evil. Our author has never written a story ending that way. It is a trope that our author seems to want to avoid. Weirdo-freak protagonists like Tuf can succeed but not a classic hero like Jon at least not in a badass sword-fight triumph over evil sort of way. But even Tuf the weirdo doesn't have a traditional ending normally.
>>
>>202080716
I think he has his plot more or less. my belief is that he's stressing the connective tissue between the major beats because he wanted the series to be his magnum opus. how much time did he waste before giving up and adding barristan as a POV in ADWD? my bet is that same thought process is what's been fucking him
>>
>>202080797
On Bran:

Preston Jacobs: I'd like to talk about telekinesis for a moment or as our author(GRRM) calls it "teke". Our author has said that one character in all of his work has been the most autobiographical, that character is the Great and Powerful Turtle from the Wildcard series. Turtle is essentially a shut-in. He's the most powerful teker in the world but he's also scared of the outside world so he hides inside his VW Beetle. Our author doesn't have telekinesis but he says the character is essentially him. Now this makes a lot of sense when you look at the author's work. The All Powerful Shut-in and All-Powerful Telepathic Shut-In appear over and over in our author's works. There's the telepathic shut-in, Roy, from Nightflyers. There's the all powerful shut-in, Tuf, from Tuf Voyaging. And then there's the evil telepathic shut-in, Pear Shaped Man, from Pear Shaped Man. And of course, there's Bloodraven and Bran and Sweetrobin. Bran and Sweetrobin specifically share many similiarites to Turtle. They're the nerdy kids that don't fit in that are heart-broken that they can't be with the women they love and because of that, they have a bit of anger but they find solace in stories. The Great and Powerful Turtle finds inspiration from Jetboy....The Turtle's love for Jetboy is very similar to Bran's love of the Kingsguard or Sweetrobin's love of the Winged Knight.
>>
>whole thread is discussion about Bran
yawns
>>
>>202080817
I really hope you're right, that sounds like it's easier to fix than what I said.
come on george finish the fucking books
>>
>>202080797
I always thought - and I thought it was obvious - that the entire point of the series is that the human condition of fucking each other over and refusing to give up old grudges to build a better world
And that everyone would end up fighting each other and fucking each other over instead of uniting against the white walkers, where they could have maybe stood a chance
But they failed to try

Also Jon and Dany fleeing south after the fall of Winterfell, with cersei stopping them from the south and the white walkers persuing from the north, would have been kino

It should have ended with snow over a ruined King's Landing, like they showed in season 1..
>>
>>202080850
Uhh... who has a better story than Bran the Broken?
>>
>>202080853
it's sadly a lot easier to come up with major plot beats than it is to get from point a to point b

t. fic author whose fic ground to a halt once the plot got complicated despite knowing the major plot beats
>>
>>202080850
Yes it's just two anons talking with each other and Bran, it's officially over, these threads are dead.
>>
>>202081000
the show is basically done and it'll be two years until another season anon, do you just want the same memes regurgitated again and again?
>>
>>202080850
bow to your king
>>
>>202081000
Not one of those anons but that discussion is way more interesting, fuck off
>>
Nettles better fucking appear in the next episode, I swear to god.
She is most popular out of all the Dragonseed, hell she's probably one of the most popular characters in the Dance.
Not to mention that she's an actual ORGANIC negress, so nerds can't bitch about the show being woke.
>>
>>202080885
The name Winterfell makes me think that the Others will lose there or that the original Others lost there as a parallel to King's Landing being where Aegon and his dragon landed
>>
>>202080093
I literally don't even know what it means
I never see people talk about this and it's the most baffling aspect to me

Does he use his powers to watch people get raped all day? That was his biggest interest post season 6 or whatever, watching beautiful rapes and being creepy
Does he spy on people in need of food to send them aid? Does he spy on enemies to fuck them over? What are his tax policies? Did he do this all so he could gain power "why do you think I came all this way".. ok, to what end..

I literally don't even know what it means. I have no idea if he's evil, good, what he wants to do, why he wants to do it, why anyone would let this weird creepy fuck do it, what anyones interactions with him are like, I can not envision it. I simply don't know what it even means, at all.
>>
>>202081051
Nettles did 0 interesting things in the Dance besides tame a dragon. You could replace her with Rhaena and the narrative would be better for it. I'd rather use the budget needed for Nettles and get Black Aly or Benjicot instead
>>
>>202081000
We need every anon left in this general regardless of what they talk about if we are to survive another week.
>>
>>202081051
we don't need more token brown women in the show thanks
>>
>>202080687
He literally dies to avenge his wife’s son
>>
>>202080255
>>202081112
Bran in the books is turning more emotional and human, in the show he just turned into a robot.
Like, why? He can greensee now, why would that make him have no personality
>>
>>202081129
Rhaenna should be eaten by Sheepstealer and a niggress that is more easy on the eye could appear as Nettles
>>
Brits have always been peak fatso chads. Americans can't compete.
>>
Enough of Bran broken CAWK let's argue what's the best incest dynamic
>>
I know the tax policy meme, but were there no whores in Gondor?
>>
>>202081129
>Black Aly

Hour of the Wolf, fucking never.
>>
>>202081213
mother/son
brother/brother
>>
>>202081213
Baelon and Alyssa are the best couple in ASOIAF
>>
>>202081221
I've decided better than to ask the Monkey's Paw for a Black Aly.
>>
File: The Broken.jpg (134 KB, 964x743)
134 KB
134 KB JPG
>>202081112
All-knowing and potentially immortal human that can see the past, present and future of a person and the world that gets to make decisions knowing their outcome and uses Tyrion's genius brain to execute them for him. He can also dabble in time.

Bran has cheat codes that makes him unfair to compare to other rulers.

And the Bran ending was about needing a myth/a story for people to rally around. Bran's myth will replace Robert Baratheon's and Aegon the Conqueror's myths.
>>
>>202081247
>All-knowing and potentially immortal human that can see the past, present and future of a person and the world that gets to make decisions knowing their outcome and uses Tyrion's genius brain to execute them for him. He can also dabble in time.
>Bran has cheat codes that makes him unfair to compare to other rulers.

I have absolutely no idea what this means in practice at all
>>
>>202081213
Jon x Sansa
>>
>>202081217
There is no premarital sex or infidelity in Tolkien’s world
>>
>>202081229
Cute and canon?
>>
>>202081217
>>202081307
Tolkien is a hack.
>>
>>202081313
nah but i do love vissy/daemon
>>
>>202081213
Older cousin (16+) x younger cousin (13 or younger)
>>
>>202081307
That would be nice
>>
>>202081213
> what's the best incest dynamic
How about a nice normal relationship
>>
>>202081373
how about you suck my dick
>>
>>202081279
Basically Bran knows the perfect solution to everything and Tyrion is his salesman that can sell his ideas.

Like Bran can literally take over a person's body and bend them to his will if he wants to like he does to Hodor. And if you kill him, it's very likely he can just soul transfer to someone else.

GRRM is molding Bran to be this perfect solution of what an actual perfect king would look like and it's nothing resembling what humans are capable of
>>
>>202079539
>Brits wanted you to drink wine and eat meat
>Americans want you to starve and chop your cock off
>>
>>202081298
>t. self-inserting roastie
>>
>>202081399
What the fuck are you talking about?
>>
>>202081307
Weren't one of Tolkien's lady elves raped by orcs?
>>
File: checks in FOR YOU.webm (57 KB, 800x398)
57 KB
57 KB WEBM
>>202079539
good morning my lords..
how's everything on /hotd/?
>>
>>202081424
Yes, Galadriels daughter.
>>
>>202081373
I'll give you some leeway it doesn't HAVE to be biological incest, it can be roleplay too
>>
>>202081430
I'm good :)
I've been avoiding finale leaks (though I've read Fire and Blood). Hope it'll be good
>>
>>202081247
>>202081279
>There it is. That's the look. I've seen it for 17 years on face after face. You all despise me. Queenslayer. Oath breaker. Man without honor. You ever heard of rape?
>Of course.
>The mad queen was obsessed with it. She loved to watch men being raped--the way their virginity was taken, dishonoured, and how they helplessly orgasmed. She raped lords she didn't like; she gave forced Handjobs, Blowjobs, Footjobs to anyone that disobeyed her; she raped anyone that was against her. Before long, half the country was against her. Rhaella saw traitors everywhere, so she had her master rapist place professional rapists all over the city: beneath the Sept of Baelor, the slums of flea bottom, under houses, stables, taverns, even beneath the Red Keep itself. She said the same thing for hours, rape them all….
>>
>>202081424
and then you have Saruman with his half-orcs and goblin-men, made after his orcs raided Rohan. Tolkien has some dark shit, he just doesn't throw it in your face like GRRM with his fat pink mast garbage
>>
>>202081424
>>202081440
No, as implied in the Laws and Customs of the Eldar if a female elf ever experienced that her soul would just leave her body. She was just tortured.
>>
>“Now I propose to succeed as the god that S’uthlam requires. Should I approach the problem as a human a third time, I would assuredly fail a third time, and then your difficulties would be resolved by gods crueler than myself, by the four mammal-riders of ancient legend who are known as pestilence, famine, war, and death. Therefore, I must set aside my humanity, and act as god.” – Tuf, Manna From heaven

Replace Tuf with Bran and S’uthlam with Westeros at the end of this story.
>>
>>202081213
non-sexual incest relationship between a mother and son.
Mom keeps flirting and has aggressive skinship with the son while also frequently "accidentily" walking naked around the house and wearing slutty clothes (but only around her son).
BUT!!! NO actual sex, strictly prohibited. Mom's goal is to give her son biggest case of literal blue balls ever.
>>
>>202081430
Contemplating how it went all wrong. Was it when I dumped my ex, starting reading asoiaf, or when I first went on the internet? One of life's mysteries.
>>
>>202081557
Definitely not when you started reading asoiaf, best book series ever!
Feelsbad about your ex though, hope you find someone else
>>
hbo leaked the episode in order to generate more hype for the finale and ended up backfiring massively
>>
File: 1716035058521003.webm (4 MB, 1080x1920)
4 MB
4 MB WEBM
>>202081554
based
>>
File: King Bran.jpg (79 KB, 636x797)
79 KB
79 KB JPG
>>202081543
>“The bleeding star bespoke the end,” he said to Aeron. “These are the last days, when the world shall be broken and remade. A new god shall be born from the graves and charnel pits.” – Euron (The Forsaken, TWOW)

God-King Bran soon
>>
File: IMG_2781.png (334 KB, 965x925)
334 KB
334 KB PNG
>>202081430
I’m still looking forward to it. I will be loyal to the very end.
>>
>>202081609
sleep tight crabber
>>
File: euron.png (1.19 MB, 669x1184)
1.19 MB
1.19 MB PNG
>>202081606
>"Who knows more of gods than I? Horse gods and fire gods, gods made of gold with gemstone eyes, gods carved of cedar wood, gods chiseled into mountains, gods of empty air... I know them all. I have seen their peoples garland them with flowers, and shed the blood of goats and bulls and children in their names. And I have heard the prayers, in half a hundred tongues. Cure my withered leg, make the maiden love me, grant me a healthy son. Save me, succor me, make me wealthy... protect me! Protect me from mine enemies, protect me from the darkness, protect me from the crabs inside my belly, from the horselords, from the slavers, from the sellswords at my door. Protect me from the Silence." He laughed. "Godless? Why, Aeron, I am the godliest man ever to raise sail! You serve one god, Damphair, but I have served ten thousand. From Ib to Asshai, when men see my sails, they pray."
>>
>>202081213
Aegon IV and Naerys
>>
>>
>>202079539
Never forget that Americans are the third worlders of the "first world". They want all the things and hate that anyone else has anything.
>>
File: 1680383329942549.jpg (136 KB, 1024x768)
136 KB
136 KB JPG
>>202081557
why did you dump her btw?
>>
>>202081656
No one has anything we didn't give them, get over yourself.
>>
>>202081652
>british """people"""
>>
>>202079539
>“I know about the promise,” insisted the girl. “Maester Theomore, tell them! A thousand years before the Conquest, a promise was made, and oaths were sworn in the Wolf’s Den before the old gods and the new. When we were sore beset and friendless, hounded from our homes and in peril of our lives, the wolves took us in and nourished us and protected us against our enemies. The city is built upon the land they gave us. In return we swore that we should always be their men. Stark men!”
vs
>Yes, my family served House Stark for centuries. We wept when we heard of your father's death. When my brother was lord of this castle, he answered Robb's call and hailed him King in the North. And where was King Robb when the ironborn attacked this castle? When they threw my wife and children in prison and brutalized and killed our subjects? Taking up with a foreign whore. Getting himself and those who followed him killed. I served House Stark once, but House Stark is dead.
>>
>>202081740
>DABID!
>>
>>202079539
>You starve in Europe
>Americans laugh at you
>>
>>202081447
>Hope it'll be good
kek. best season ever
>>
>>202081740
>"asoiaf is so nihilistic!"
>entire lannister plot is about how being a fuck will eventually bite you in the ass, while the north plot is about how being just and honorable engenders far deeper loyalties
>>
File: oh.png (621 KB, 774x434)
621 KB
621 KB PNG
>>202081857
>OH N-
>>
>>202081581
I have an inkling it started when I saw the cover of the first book and stole it from the store.
>>202081678
Honestly, tried to trick myself into having feelings for her. It was amicable though.
>>
>>202079539
Harkonnen?
>>
>>202080008
I regret watching this
>>
>GEORGE R. R. MARTIN: They were very persuasive. They loved the books and wanted to adapt the books to a different medium, not change them or “make it their own.” I hate that in Hollywood, when I go in pitching a book and meet with writers and they’re like, “Here’s my take on it.” I don’t want your take on it! Don’t reimagine it, don’t make it your own, just adapt it. I told them, “I want a faithful adaptation. I don’t want it to be one of those things where you take a title and write a whole new story.”

GRRM is in a hell of his own making
>>
>>202082012
> tried to trick myself into having feelings for her
Where you waiting for so long to find a person you were truly compatible with that you tried to convince yourself love was there when it wasn’t?
>>
>>202082088
is this recent? source?
>>
>>202082088
How so? He got screwed over by Hollywood hacks, as usual.
>>
>>202082089
Quite opposite, I've never really felt strong romantic feelings for another and, in the spirit of trying to follow societal norms, put myself into a 3 year long relationship with a girl that I felt the most affection for. I might be a hair too autistic.
>>
>>202082301
Maybe you are just asexual and the affection you felt for her was just platonic.
>>
>>202082088
>>202082198
>>202082254
It's from James Hibberd’s book "FIRE CANNOT KILL A DRAGON" in 2020:

GRRM on three holy shit moments

>GEORGE R. R. MARTIN: It wasn’t easy for me. I didn’t want to give away my books. It’s not easy to talk about the end of my books. Every character has a different end. I told them who would be on the Iron Throne, and I told them some big twists like Hodor and “hold the door,” and Stannis’s decision to burn his daughter. We didn’t get to everybody by any means. Especially the minor characters, who may have very different endings.

>Stannis killing his daughter was one of the most agonizing scenes in Thrones and one of the moments Martin had told the producers he was planning for The Winds of Winter (though the book version of the scene will play out a bit differently).

>GEORGE R. R. MARTIN: It’s an obscenity to go into somebody’s mind. So Bran may be responsible for Hodor’s simplicity, due to going into his mind so powerfully that it rippled back through time. The explanation of Bran’s powers, the whole question of time and causality—can we affect the past? Is time a river you can only sail one way or an ocean that can be affected wherever you drop into it? These are issues I want to explore in the book, but it’s harder to explain in a show. I thought they executed it very well, but there are going to be differences in the book. They did it very physical—“hold the door” with Hodor’s strength. In the book, Hodor has stolen one of the old swords from the crypt. Bran has been warging into Hodor and practicing with his body, because Bran had been trained in swordplay. So telling Hodor to “hold the door” is more like “hold this pass”—defend it when enemies are coming—and Hodor is fighting and killing them. A little different, but same idea.

RIP Shireen for TWOW
>>
>>202082409
she lives forever if the book never comes out
>>
George is embarrassed to finish the books because he gave all the major story beats to the show runners and everyone hated them. Was execution part of it? Yes, but at they end their his ideas and after the backlash I'm 100% sure Winds is never coming out.
>>
>>202082462
That's the most retarded take ever
Every single Winds sample chapter is something that didn't happen in the show
>>
>>202082462
George is tempted to cave into the pressure and make dany the good guy messiah who saves the day instead of his original mad dany arc. He’s doubting himself and is afraid to piss off the normies especially the attractive young women who idolize her
>>
File: 1720675387153861.jpg (79 KB, 958x1024)
79 KB
79 KB JPG
>>202082088
>>202082254
He got hundreds of millions of dollars and gets to do whatever he wants while other people do the work. What's the tradeoff? People ask him to finish the books and the show adds 2 extra feet on a dragon? He literally has nothing to complain about. George is a little bitch.
>>
Mad Daenerys was 100% reasonable, built-up to, well-executed, justified and furthermore, good and fun writing (just not in the show)
>>
>>202082626
>NOOOOOOOO HE SHOULD BE HECKIN GRATEFUL AND KEEP IT TO HIMSELF!!!
who cares? let the man have opinions on HIS OWN work
>>
Wait you fag/got/s didnt actually save the finale??
>>
>>202082462
God-King Bran:
>"Robb will set aside his crown if you and your brother will do the same," she said, hoping it was true. She would make it true if she must; Robb would listen to her, even if his lords would not. "Let the three of you call for a Great Council, such as the realm has not seen for a hundred years. We will send to Winterfell, so Bran may tell his tale and all men may know the Lannisters for the true usurpers. Let the assembled lords of the Seven Kingdoms choose who shall rule them."

Jon Snow the turncloak, oathbreaking murderer:

>Bastard children were born from lust and lies, men said; their nature was wanton and treacherous. Once Jon had meant to prove them wrong, to show his lord father that he could be as good and true a son as Robb. I made a botch of that. Robb had become a hero king; if Jon was remembered at all, it would be as a turncloak, an oathbreaker, and a murderer. He was glad that Lord Eddard was not alive to see his shame.

Daenerys the mass-murderer:
>The thought of home disquieted her. If her sun-and-stars had lived, he would have led his khalasar across the poison water and swept away her enemies, but his strength had left the world. Her bloodriders remained, sworn to her for life and skilled in slaughter, but only in the ways of the horselords. The Dothraki sacked cities and plundered kingdoms, they did not rule them. Dany had no wish to reduce King's Landing to a blackened ruin full of unquiet ghosts. She had supped enough on tears. I want to make my kingdom beautiful, to fill it with fat men and pretty maids and laughing children. I want my people to smile when they see me ride by, the way Viserys said they smiled for my father.
>>
File: IMG_0328.jpg (1.01 MB, 1286x1272)
1.01 MB
1.01 MB JPG
>>202080547
BOOKFAGS BTFO
>>
>>202082535
That's the one thing GRRM wouldn't do. He's writing the stories for things he likes first and foremost. I also don't think he likes Daenerys enough to switch.
>>
>>202082373
I've come to that conclusion recently. However I refuse to be lumped in with that group of freaks, I'd rather be gay.
>>
>>202082462
I always skipped Daenerys scenes
>"I am the dragon"
>"Oh, you're so beautiful and pretty"
>*another army falls into her lap*
>GRR, DUMB BITCH SLUT, I'VE WON, I RAPE YOU
>"No."
>*gulps* *shits his pants*
>"Dracarys"
>"I AM SILLY" *explodes*
That was literally ever Daenerys arc
>>
>>202082667
What?
>>
>>202080547
The only chance the books had of being good was him finishing them before the show got made.
>>
while it's nice the strikes improved the conditions of many writers and workers
it also sucks that it guarantees Sara Hess will always have a job in the industry as a writer
>>
>>202082743
last episode was "leaked" last Wednesday in HBO Iceland

Not really a leak someone goofed and made the episode available that day.
>>
File: George-Lucas-2017.jpg (18 KB, 400x300)
18 KB
18 KB JPG
>>202082656
He sold his IP and then cries about them "making it their own" and how his writing is perfect and should never be changed. Both he and George Lucas need to stop crying and actually make/write something worthwhile instead of complaining. And yes, the last 3 seasons of GoT were trash and all of Disney Star Wars is trash. But they made the decision to take the money. It's baffling that so many fans feel sorry for these 70 year old babies.
>>
>>202082778
It wasn’t the entire episode, just about 30 minutes of footage which we have all seen. There’s still 40 minutes that haven’t been seen.
>>
>>202082772
kek you think that a jewess DEI dyke is only guaranteed her position because of some strikes
>>
>>202082808
>and actually make/write something worthwhile instead of complaining
exactly. nigga acts like he is a serious author, he isn't.
>>
>>202082708
I-I see it..
>>
>>202082728
Nothing wrong with being asexual anon. You are what you are.
>>
File: Aegonbros.jpg (27 KB, 542x598)
27 KB
27 KB JPG
Aegonbros....how is the difference so vast? How can a dickless king be so well-beloved?
>>
>>202082778
you saw the whole episode?
>>
>>202082462
This is correct. Winds will come out when George is dead since it's mostly done after his wife sells the rights like Wheel of Time and people will go "oh"
>>
>>202082861
He's allowed to be bad and sympathetic, which makes him good. Unlike Rhaenyra who is only written to be sympathetic, which makes her bad.
>>
>>202082861
They make him tragic
>>
>>202082861
Blacksissies, on our homefield?!?
>>
>>202082861
He’s now a tragic character, it’s what made Aemond so popular in season one.
>>
>>202079626
The harsh reality few want to accept is in a few years you will be able to feed chatbot enough of GRRM's work (and why stop there, give it some Tolkien too) and give it a rough outline of a plot especially major plot points and it will be able to spit out plenty of versions of Winds of Winter and A Dream of Spring which will probably be superior to whatever GRRM could put together anyway. Let it do 10 versions and pick the best version. At a certain point, if these people don't want to work, a machine will do it.
>>
>>202082891
no

>>202082815
>>202082891

im confused i just browsed /hotd/ then went to our outpost in the boondocks that has no internet i thought by this time its already in torrents. What was leaked by HBO Iceland?? Just snippets of the episode?
>>
File: smug.jpg (49 KB, 480x530)
49 KB
49 KB JPG
>>202082861
>Rhaenyra at 59
>>
>>202082972
>AI will take over the world any day now!
>>
Simon and Helaena would be best friends ngl
>>
>>202082978
The episode was leaked but only one person on TikTok filmed it in time before it was taken down and they only filmed pieces of it.
>>
>>202083034
Maybe anon was right that it was HBO behind the “leak”, you’d think if it was leaked in Iceland more people would have filmed it.
>>
File: Aemond Dance.webm (594 KB, 864x1168)
594 KB
594 KB WEBM
>>202082861
>1. Aegon

POWER GAP

>2. Aemond

And that's from the Lions den of Team Black and the writers working against Team GreenGODs. Team Black is just boring, getting carried by a handsome manlet bastard at this point
>>
File: 211951.jpg (118 KB, 1268x960)
118 KB
118 KB JPG
>>202082861
I remember when the masses were starting to see the truth of the True King, feels good to be on the right side of history
>>
>>202082861
>Be condol and hess
>"Feminist writers"
>Handed a story about a powerful anti-heroine taking back her throne as the world comes crashing down around her
>Write a two-dimensional sack of wet socks that whines more about men not taking her seriously than planning a war and more time preaching about peace and love while forgetting the name of her dead son with some [Insert girlboss moment here] scenes
>>
File: Aegon HEAR HEAR.webm (368 KB, 550x814)
368 KB
368 KB WEBM
>>202082861
>my fucking boy is toptier
HEAR HEAR
>>
File: IMG_1890.jpg (19 KB, 640x480)
19 KB
19 KB JPG
>>202083088
The most horrifying one I’ve seen yet.
>>
>>202080109
They don't deserve to rule tho, which is clear from the story . Retard.
>>
>>202083134
Aegon the Conqueror
Aegon II
Aegon III
Aegon IV
Aegon V
Aegon/Young Griff
Aegon/Jon Snow

You're based if your name is Aegon but way more based if you're a recognized numbered Aegon
>>
>>202083134
literally only because every other character has been ruined
>>
>>202080547
Just let AI do it lmao
>>
Kept myself from the leaks and reactions to the leaks, was very difficult, but I’m hoping for a good sode to finish off the season
>>
File: Aegon 2345.webm (396 KB, 1168x864)
396 KB
396 KB WEBM
>>202083164
Some are stranger than others for sure
>>
>>202079924
That's because the "stories" are the manifested control of the Weirwood network. No one in ASOIAF has free will. They are all constantly being nudged and directed by the Weirwoods which manifest their consciousness in the form of green seers and people like Bloodraven and Bran who ultimately all end up being the same person: time traveling consciousnesses guiding the past, present, and future in accordance with the will of the Weirwoods. When they say "who has a better story than Bran the Broken" what they mean is "who is more directly connected to the planetary consciousness that controls all of us?"

Everyone in that universe has a story because they're all part of a story, but Bran is an extension of the "story generator." But so is Bloodraven, so is some other time traveling character 200 years in the future who is also Bran, who is also Bloodraven, because again these characters all just become extensions of the will of the Weirwoods. The Night King is essentially a puppet who cut his own strings and is now trying to destroy the system while the system recruits those under its control to oppose The Night King. Everyone in ASOIAF is enslaved, but they don't even realize it. In the show, Daemon becomes aware of this apparently in the next episode, but other characters occasionally tap into this and get glimpses of the script.
>>
>>202083272
Roru
Rumao
>>
>>202083296
The Night King isn't in the books, but the Others can just easily be fairy like beings that are outside the direct control of the Weirwoods and thus opposed by them which naturally makes the Others seek to destroy the Weirwoods almost like magical anarchists trying to bring down the authoritarian magical tree God.
>>
>>202083277
This nigga tweakin
>>
>>202079539
>>202079629
>>
>>202083272
> reactions to the leaks
Everyone is being so miserable and dramatic outside of here.
>>
>>202083034
that sounds like absolute bullshit
>>
>>202083296
Bran is the writer of the story who is obsessed with stories and will never have children....wait a minute.....GRRM?!?!?!?
>>
>>202083380
I put the prompt as "The injured man gets out of bed". But instead it made him start singing or some shit.
>>
>>202083558
You think it was HBO behind the single account that managed to film pieces of the episode to hype up the final and it backfired?
>>
>>202083608
This is how Melissandra was born
>>
>>202083612
I don’t think that someone would leak the whole ep and there is only 1 person who captures it, but only the key scenes, and nobody spills the remaining 40 or so minutes
>>
>>202083451
they stole his speech
>>
this shitty show will never have pathos and ethos like game of thrones did

https://youtu.be/ow0IVblQ9LM?si=EhTHWH-M3VwtH2jM
>>
It's finally up!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-nUNgG22PE
>>
>>202083296
The last scene in ADOS is a Holy Mountain 4th wall break where Bran talks directly to the reader, thanks them for reading the book, and tells them “but now it’s time to leave Westeros to its fate, for you have a world of your own that must be saved.”
>>
>>202083920
I stand from my desk and shout "KINO," at last able to get on with my life.
>>
>>202083861
>women shit
>>
>>202083973
im literally a girl so yeah
>>
>>202083648
Speaking of which, isn’t she around during the time of this show?
>>
>>202083918
>in the woodpiles
What the FUCK did George mean by this?
>>
>>202083993
Supposedly she's hanging around in Essos at this point.... If you believe her.
>>
>>202083993
Melisandre kills Alys and takes her place, same actress as in GoT then lots of mummy sex with Aemond and shadow babies
>>
File: chudgon.jpg (172 KB, 1080x869)
172 KB
172 KB JPG
>>202079835

Meanwhile

>oldest living trueborn son of the previous universally acknowledged king
>has pimped glorious golden dragon that he raised from a hatchling
>personally leads his army into battle
>does the opposite of whatever his mom says
>if he kills innocent people, it was a blind decision made in rage over his son's death rather than a deliberate purge of commonborn kin while giving dragons to the lucky winners
>not a bastard
>cares about the smallfolk while sober
>also cares about the smallfolk (in the sexual way) while drunk
>has cute wife and daughter
>has the Conqeror's Crown
>has the Iron Throne
>has Blackfyre (borrowed by his brother)
>has the Dragoncock (mangled from war wounds, but still has a chance of producing a new heir given the right Baratheon marriage)
>have I mentioned he's legitimate?
>>
File: 1721002748410607m.jpg (92 KB, 1024x683)
92 KB
92 KB JPG
>>202084090
My King....
>>
File: Wylla Manderly.jpg (29 KB, 500x487)
29 KB
29 KB JPG
>>202083451
>>
>>202083232
No Aegon already had the best arc in the book anyway.
>>
>>202083988
YWNBAW
>>
File: IMG_2880.jpg (143 KB, 1584x1056)
143 KB
143 KB JPG
>page 4
I don’t want it to be over so soon bros. We only just came back.
>>
File: 1699995618237387.png (911 KB, 567x607)
911 KB
911 KB PNG
Soon.
>>
File: 1343456678.png (1.01 MB, 1100x940)
1.01 MB
1.01 MB PNG
>>202083648
I thought she was Melony of Lot Seven from the slums?
>>
>>202084424
She was born as a slave in Gogossos before the Doom took the Valyrian Freehold.
>>
as expected, Preston went on a rant about the kingsguards being sent to the wall
>>
File: file.png (286 KB, 640x426)
286 KB
286 KB PNG
When did it all go wrong, bros?
>>
>>202084557
Birth. Bl*ckwood scum aren't even human.
>>
>>202084557
HOTD showrunners have a hateboner for George, so Blackwoods have to get btfo.
>>
File: 1721020239549468.jpg (96 KB, 1444x736)
96 KB
96 KB JPG
>>202084557
This pack of snitches not minding their business.
>>
>>202084424

pre face job Carice was gorgeous. Why do women do it bros?
>>
>>202084572
Being Blackwood is better than being human.
>>
>>202084613
>inbred treefuckers
yeah not surprised
>>
File: amos.jpg (17 KB, 371x556)
17 KB
17 KB JPG
>>202084613

Burn their weirwoods, burn their castles, send them packing back up north where they belong!
>>
>>202084572
Calm down, Bracken. Go back home to your wife, impregnated by Blackwood.
>>
>>202084675

Aegon IV had two Bracken concubines and only one from your house of heathen savages. His Bracken son was a warrior while yours was a craven, a politician, a witch.
>>
>>202079539
>Brits
>Based
>>
File: 1722413622657741.jpg (44 KB, 425x601)
44 KB
44 KB JPG
>>202084659
Piss on your whoring gods, horse thief.
>>
>>202084613
>freakposting
>>
>>202084709
>His Bracken son was a warrior
And a traitor who died miserable in exile as a loser.
>while yours was a craven, a politician, a witch
And a winner, possessed of tangible power, betrayed by a feckless child mindwarped by the thug he had as a Lord Commander of his Kingsguard.
>>
File: 1722586582785699.jpg (310 KB, 828x822)
310 KB
310 KB JPG
>>202084659
Based, the most brave and badass person this season was a Bracken.
>>
>>202084747
Someone has to do it
>>
File: 1722290301542802.png (191 KB, 421x457)
191 KB
191 KB PNG
>>202084834
>>
Blackwood dress better than Bracken
>>
File: 1721253970089006.jpg (201 KB, 728x756)
201 KB
201 KB JPG
>caring about gay ass fashion
>>
File: 1662187540166003.png (110 KB, 513x599)
110 KB
110 KB PNG
>>202084805
>Had cooler name and sigil
>Had freedom and lived it up in warm sexy Essos rather than freezing his balls off in the sexless Night Watch
>Founded the most powerful sellsword company that still exists and has lasting influence and legacy. Essentially Westerosi Big Boss.
Yeah sure what a loser
>>
File: 1722219578354039.jpg (320 KB, 2203x1263)
320 KB
320 KB JPG
>>202084871
>1 minute later Bracken probably laughing his ass off.
Bracken is forgiven for being a Green while Ack-wood is put to death for being a Daemon dicksucker. Riverlords and Oscar don't seem to be heathen fans.
>>
>>202085090
So why is George waifuing the Blackwoods anyway?
>>
>>202084729

Brackens ruled the riverlands while BlACKwoods froze their balls off in mud huts letting Starks practice First Night on their women.
>>
>Guy named Stark with wolf powers is introduced as the most powerful Espada
>Jobs to Kyoraku's shikai and is never spoken of afterwards
What did Kubo mean by this?
>>
File: IMG_3070.jpg (212 KB, 1080x1350)
212 KB
212 KB JPG
Dragonsneed.
>>
>>202081392
That is genuinely out of this world retarded. Is that supposed to be a "good" ending? A serious ending?
>>
i disliked this season of hotd so much im deleting the first season
>>
>>202085226
What would be Jaime Lannister's Bankai?
>>
File: 1687037624823018.png (178 KB, 1280x1280)
178 KB
178 KB PNG
>>202085116
>Hecklin ultra special norf house that worships muh hecklin cool old gods that somehow survived in the south.
Who knows. But funny enough in lore it looks like the Bracken origin story makes more sense than the Blackwood one.
>>
File: 1720500486664370.webm (814 KB, 540x400)
814 KB
814 KB WEBM
>>202084090
BASED.Only reason to watch this shit show.
>>
>>202085287
Dual wielding, but he loses his powers a few seasons in
>>
>>202085090
>Bracken is forgiven for being a Green
We don't know that, we get Vissy hallucinations instead of the end of the meeting.
>>
>>202079539
> Don't worry dear family, Daeron and Tessarion to the rescue! Our military tactics are sure to brings us victory! Hopefully no one leaks vital info right before the-ACK!
>>
>>202085404
I will actually become an hero if he has obvious bastard brown Cole hair
>>
>>202085404

Alicent may surrender King's Landing to Rhaenyra and her bastard squad without a fight, but we're still burning Bitterbridge, we're still burning Tumbleton, then we're burning Tumbleton again, Daeronbros. Don't worry.
>>
>>202085226
Wtf does this even mean
>>
>>202085379
I think it's probably the case. The other lords seemed to imply that Bracken was just defending his lands. House Tully was not declared for anyone by that point so Bracken hadn't taken up arms against his overlord on the show. I doubt Oscar will do anything and we know Daemon wants House Bracken in tact because he think they're badass.
>>
File: 1664818670.jpg (85 KB, 780x438)
85 KB
85 KB JPG
>>202085462
>Visenya! Visenya!! That Dornishman stole another dragon!
>>
>>202085090
>Ack-wood
Kek
>>
File: 1669370273590352.jpg (833 KB, 1170x1278)
833 KB
833 KB JPG
>>202085297
I don't buy into the 'driven from the North' theory, because the Blackwoods centuries later harbor no animosity towards the Starks and we know the Blackwoods keep grudges forever. I think they were SENT south to be a Northern colony beneath the Neck. Recall this was before the Andals so there was no religious divide when the move was made, the Brackens held to the old gods back then as well. If the Starks had dispossessed the Blackwoods militarily, it stands to reason that they'd have wanted nothing to do with Robb Stark, but Tytos Blackwood even set aside the Bracken feud to get on Robb's side, and even agreed to work alongside the Brackens as allies, which lasted until the Red Wedding ruined it all. We'll probably never get the real story, but I think it'd be a nice counterpoint to how the Manderlys ended up in the North to have the Blackwoods in the South for reasons not related to being driven from their ancestral land by force.
>>
File: 1670603933192097.gif (3.16 MB, 640x316)
3.16 MB
3.16 MB GIF
>>202085574
>Ack-cken
>>
>>202085578
The weirdest thing in the Riverlands is probably how the Isle of Faces has survived for millennia in a region where no one worships the Old Gods anymore.
>>
>>202081095
>name Winterfell
but the word fell can also mean evil or malicious
>>
File: Ulf.jpg (91 KB, 1080x932)
91 KB
91 KB JPG
>>202085607
Shhhh little man...
>>
>>202085634
Or it's just a hill.
>>
>>202085628
Westeros has a (imo) strangely high level of religious tolerance considering its history of invasions
>>
What the fuck is a Rhoynar?
>>
>>202085690
It’s a type of boar.
>>
>>202085690
A group of people that migrated to Dorne
>>
Per
@GRRMspeaking
remarks at this talk, there are currently 7 shows in various stages of development, 3 live action, 4 animated. We knew of 2 (Aegon the Conqueror, Ten Thousand Ships) and 2 (The Golden Empire, Sea Snake), as I recall #GoT #ASOIAF #GRRM
>>
>>202085668
The faith of the seven looks pseudo-Christian but it's actually the Andal ethnic religion, more comparable to the Roman gods in that sense with the Doctrine of Exceptionalism being the equivalent of deifying the Emperors, so it stands to reason that it would be less aggressive in proselytizing than Christianity or Islam.
>>
>>202085690
Moorish vagrants running away from dragons that got kicked out of six places before finding Dorne and conquering it for their slutty whore queen.
>>
>>202085790
>less aggressive in proselytizing than Christianity or Islam
I think R'hllor worship is probably the closest in-universe analogue to those. They are an intolerant breed that brooks no rivals.
>>
>>202085690
Gypsies of the ASoIaF world
>>
>>202086067
Go back to bed Aegon.
>>
File: 1718670541526358.jpg (2.59 MB, 1621x2154)
2.59 MB
2.59 MB JPG
>>202085790
>Andal ethnic religion
The Andals never overwhelmed the first men with sheer numbers but rather technology and later mixed with them. Most first men Westerosi Kings converted to the Andal religion because of inter marriage and was easier than dealing with constant Andal invasions and uprisings by fanatics.
>less aggressive
They cut down a ton of the Weirwood trees which is analogous to what Christianity did to scared pagan trees. Plus the whole faith militant thing and you can't usurp and almost fully replace a entire previous religion by being tolerant.
>>
>>202082728
>>202082844
You aren't what you aren't, asexuality is fake
>>
>>202085818
Yep and also like in real life, it's the true religion and the other ones are made-up bullshit.
>>
File: aemond metal gear.jpg (76 KB, 589x639)
76 KB
76 KB JPG
>>202079805
>>202079924
>>202080007
>>202080255
>>202080850
>>202081247
>>202081392
>>202082409
>>202083296
>>202085271
>cut every Weirwoods in westeros
>big btother bran loose his power

so, the andals were right to cut the trees.
how many Weirwoods are there ?
>>
>>202086191
This is what desert crazy does to a mind.
>>
>>202086217
kek
>>
>>202080008
Well they are Americans, they would naturally take offence at mongrel
>>
>>202086217
>how many Weirwoods are there ?
Impossible to tell. Fell one someplace and another pops up elsewhere. There are rumored to be weirwoods with copper leaves sprouting in Essos.
>>
>>202086151
That's more comparable to Romans slowly absorbing local religions in the areas they conquered and mixing with the local population even though there are visual trappings of Christianity in the religion. The faith never spread anywhere without Andal settlement and faded in Essos losing its place to countless other religions when the Andals migrated, this is more comparable to what happens to ethnic religions of migratory peoples in their original homelands after migrations.
>>
>>202083918
Is he just doing random episodes at this point with how many he's skipped?
>>
File: Jakob_Seisenegger_001.jpg (3.13 MB, 1797x3000)
3.13 MB
3.13 MB JPG
>>202086217
He genuinely looks better with a beard, what the hell. Getting Charles V vibes.
>>
>>202086284
>seiseNEGGER
>>
>>202085790
I always assumed that the Seven was always supposed to be the "default baseline" religion that the audience would mostly feel comfortable with, a.k.a. westerners who grew up around a christian culture.

The Seven is used as a baseline for which all other exotic religions (Lord of Light, Many Faced Gods, Old Weriwood ones, etc) are compared to.
It's why all those other religions have tangible magic for their worshipers but worshipers of The Seven don't get any divine magic at all period.
Westerners don't believe or expect magical powers from their Christian God, but Westerners view foreign religions as mysterious or exotic.
>>
File: kill it with fire.gif (1.08 MB, 256x192)
1.08 MB
1.08 MB GIF
>>202086250
so that shit is spreading, but they take time to grow, they are trees after all

a massive and swift campaign should do it, and they are defensless without the forest children, a simple axe should do the trick

Total Weirwoods Death
>>
man, magic seems to be really powerful in Westeros once you think about it, but it seems like hardly anyone ever uses it to their full potential.

The Northerners especially the Starks produce a lot of magic users like wargs or seers for example.
I mean just being a warg is incredibly powerful and versatile, you can spy or be omniscient and use it for economic/scientific/military purposes.
Aside from maybe the Dornish, no other great house comes close to producing the amout of magicians that the Starks do.
Hell, the Starks should be running Westeros.
>>
>>202086368
It may be that as well (although the Stark PoV characters introduce the Old Gods immediately), but its origin in Andalos and cessation of expansionism after the Andals and borders of Westeros settled down is more comparable to non-Abrahamic religions. Take for example an analogy with the Manderlys and White Harbor in the North where people worship the Old Gods by default, it is plausible that a culturally Roman city exists for centuries in Celtic pagan Britain without Roman religion spreading elsewhere but if it was Christianity there would have been constant attempts at conversion.
>>
>>202079805
>it took him 6 years to nail Bran 3 of aDwD.
and it was still shit. fuck off with that, no chapter of anything takes 6 fucking years
>>
When Game of Thrones first started airing season 1, did the showrunners actually have a plan for up to season 8?
Or were they writing by the seat of their pants and hoped that GMMR would finish the next asoiaf book?
>>
>>202086539
>Hell, the Starks should be running Westeros.
That's the gist of the story basically. Starks are meant to be the true rulers of Westeros and to fight the demon-worshipping Targaryens but they're just too humble and naive to act.
>>
File: 1667205763033483.png (472 KB, 1100x700)
472 KB
472 KB PNG
>>202086258
I think it depended on each of the regions. The StormKing converted because war after war with the Andals was just a complete headache even though they kept beating them. Andals had a culture victory only because they were able to pressure first men rulers to convert who in turn led their own population to follow their example. I definitely think it was more the Andals forming a new niche as minor nobility with introduced Knighthood under the First men rulers rather than millions of Andals taking over everywhere as smallfolk.
>Andal settlement and faded in Essos
Brothers we must reclaim holy Andalos, time for crusade.
>>
>>202086653
That story changes depending on who you ask and how drunk they are.
>>
>>202086653
Iirc D&D only wanted to film the Red Wedding.
>>
>>202086539
>The Northerners especially the Starks produce a lot of magic users like wargs or seers for example.

they dont though, the current crop of stark kids are the ones that have somehow switched on the dormant gene, and that may have to do with the weirwolf pup bonding by each

in the older days, the chief stark defeated the warg king and married his daughter, it is likely it was through her that starks can be wargs at all and not before her; there has been no mention of greenseer at all throughout their history, the closest would be brandon snow who made arrows from the weirwood tree to kill aegons dragons before torrhen bended the knee

also, as jojen mentions, wargs are rare and greenseers are extremely rare, the only ones we have seen in the books is bran, br, euron and brandon snow
>>
>>202079605
I did a bit of extra reading on House Beesbury and it's planet of hats tier, everything about them is based on bees lol
>>
>>202086653
The initial contract for the actors was for 6 seasons.
>>
>>202086705
>as jojen mentions, wargs are rare
>literally all the five Stark kids are wargs
What did Jojen mean by this
>>
>>202086751
I forgot about Jon and that makes it even worse because the entire new Stark generation is made out of wargs. Rare my ass.
>>
>>202085271
Seems like a subversion, "this is what it takes to be a 'good' king and clearly it's monstrous, we are all equal and must exercise our own free will away from tyrants and superstition"
>>
>>202086539
What kind of magic does the Dornish have?
>>
>>202086705
Considering direwolf is their sigil and all the mysteries surrounding bran the builder/the last hero/winterfell and so on, it's possible that they all have the magic power but lack of direwolves south of the wall is why most can't enable it.
>>
>>202086692
>https://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Andals
>According to George R. R. Martin, hardly any Westerosi are pure Andal or First Man after thousands of years of interbreeding.
This implies Andals mixed with all walks of life, so it was a large enough population transfer. Even more jarring is that George infers Northerners are somewhat mixed with Andals as well.
>>
>>202086801
Pussy magick
>>
>>202086692
The Andals also had a bunch of steel and presented a more unified front, with the latest in Essossi technology to trade/show off and that not just being military tech. I'm sure plenty of First Men were keen to learn more reliable agriculture-related tech and practices to coax more yield in harvests.
>>
>>202086826
>Even more jarring is that George infers Northerners are somewhat mixed with Andals as well.
He's probably referring just to the Blackwoods (northerners moving into the Riverlands) and Manderlys (southerners moving into the north). Not that Karstarks are mixed in with the andals or shit like that.
>>
>>202086819
The Wall itself may also be an impediment to widespread magic in the North. Like maybe it's a huge magic sink sucking up all the environmental magic of the Northern lands to sustain itself in perpetuity.
>>
>>202086692
The Storm King converted because he intermarried with Andals and Cape Wrath was already full of Andal petty fiefdoms at that point, this is expansion by settlement like the Romans did, and also explains why the seven did not take in North without Andal population, or the Iron Islands where the only Andals would be salt wives and all their kids would be traditionally baptized for the Drowned God.
>>
>>202086780
>>202086751

the starks have no wargs throughout written / remembered history, no close connections with wolves or any other creatures

only the current 5 do, it is the pup bonding that has awoken their dormant gene

i believe that they have a higher probability of becoming wargs than other people, but they require some external agent to kickstart the process

this is not true for other wargs, varamyr sixskins became a warg without any seeming external pressure

in that sense, the wildlings can be considered as having an evolutionary trait that lets them become wargs / skinchangers in their natural lives, the starks require external intercession to become one, they do not have that as a natural evolutionary trait
>>
>>202086539
>Hell, the Starks should be running Westeros.

you're right a Stark should be ruling Westeros, a crippled one in fact...
>>
>>202086929
Neutered cripples make for poor dynasties.
>>
>>202086920
>the starks have no wargs throughout written / remembered history, no close connections with wolves or any other creatures
How do you know this? Have you read some other books that we didn't?
George never wrote that much about Starks from the past like he did about Targaryen. On the other hand, we do have evidence with Targaryens that a family can still have "latent magic" like Daenerys did.
>>
>>202086874
If anything the high-born Northern Houses have a lot more Andal mixture than Northern small folk. Northern families would have all mixed with Manderly's and the the Starks over thousands of years. The Starks probably having a lot of intermarrying between pre-conquest Andal mixed Westerosi Kings to settle wars.
I really don't understand how all of Westeros speaks the same language though.
>>
>>202086788
It works nicely as a subversion of sorts, but not as an ending because it makes every other "king" character in the book meaningless. Some can even be combined and you'll lose nothing.
>raised to be a perfect king and just got yourself a badass army?
>doesn't matter, you don't have magic
>are technically next in line, have to make tough choices and have some magic?
>doesn't matter, magic not strong enough
>have dragons, magic, prophecies and have to make tough choices?
>still not enough magic
>have magic, resurrection, maybe prophecy, have to make tough choices, cool animal buddy?
>still not enough magic
>are literally 8, maimed for life and got possessed by an eldritch creature while you travel through time to act as a camera for the befuddled readers?
>that's the spirit!
Grm's take on the Fisher King is just weird.
>>
>>202087035
>>202086920
The real Stark male line is extinct, all modern Starks descend from Bael the Bard who was a Wildling and there are plenty of wargs beyond the Wall.
>>
NEW THREAD

>>202087132
>>202087132
>>202087132
>>202087132
>>202087132

MAKE YOUR BED

>>202087132
>>202087132
>>202087132
>>202087132
>>202087132
>>
>>202087035

1. bran knows the history of each stark lord, no specific mention of closeness to animal / wolf
2. other northern houses specifically mention that wolves run with the current stark kids, no one has expounded, oh btw, my grandfather used to say that is how starks usually operate
3. the northern clans make circuitous trips to interact with stark kids when their wolves are around, the liddle with bran, and then the others who visit jon at the wall
4. freefolk have no comments of previous starks or hell even mention of previous encounters with "southron" skinchangers / wargs

ergo, no stark skinchanger onscreen until the current 5, the only interesting one is brandon snow, torrhen's bastard brother, because he is one of the visions that bran witnesses
>>
>>202081213
An evil uncle (father’s younger brother) attempting to seduce his niece because he’s always envied his brother and wanted his wife with doubts about the daughter being his own but never confirmed, bonus kino if the daughter is ruthless and smarter than the mother (whom she hates) and ends up fucking the uncle over staying loyal to her father (whom she unconsciously loves)

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.