[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tv/ - Television & Film

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: videoframe_159648.png (427 KB, 854x480)
427 KB
427 KB PNG
>please... dont forget about me... i need more attention...
>>
>>202947106
More like:
>I will gladly take advantage of your desperation and accept this boatload of cash to play Dr. Doom
>>
>how can we save our shipwrecked megafranchise
>what if we gave a 60 year old man a hundred million dollars to wear a mask
hollywood is not adapting well to its failure to establish new superstars
>>
>>202947106

No OP, he won his oscar, he has nothing to prove anymore. He has seen the shitshow that marvel became after endgame and realised he was the only one that could save it, and he will

You are here for another 10-20 years of capeshit wheter you like it or not, and rdj couldnt give less of a shit about the attention, but I believe he does care about what marvel is and has become
>>
>>202947205
>and he will
Lol. Did Downey's agent write this post?
>>
hate that insecure manlet so much
>>
>>202947106
vegan cancer. looks like he'll die before movie comes out. or aids from his junkie days.
>>
>>202947159
Does getting a lot of money unlock some hidden avarice demon within these people? He's already worth hundreds of millions of dollars, what more could he possibly need
>>
>>202948021
Yea, I did always think of doom as a much bigger person.
>>
>>202948082
>He's already worth hundreds of millions of dollars, what more could he possibly need
A T T E N T I O N
>>
>>202947205
>He has seen the shitshow that marvel became after endgame and realised he was the only one that could save it, and he will
are you sure thats his goal? and not just swimming in a gold plated pool filled with champagne? why would he "save" it? he's not even a good casting for Doom, Hugo Weaving, Karl Urban, or a younger Nicholas Cage would have been a far better casting choice.

And im 100% certain that Doom with be a cucked, neutered version of what he is at his best in the comics, there is no chance in hell that Yidney will allow a charismatic, highly intelligent, authoritarian-fascist alpha male character to be likeable and someone they dont mind the audience looking up to.

Its not going to happen, they will ruin the character the same way they did in Endgame with Thanos, Yidney and the little rat commies infesting that carcass of a megacorp shat their pants when they realised that Infinity War made Thanos instantly the most popular character in the series since Iron Man. If my nerd mates dont drag me to the cinema to watch it, it'll be a lazy pirate down the line at best, which is all Marvel movies have been worth since Endgame.
>>
>>202948082
Put yourself in his shoes.

If I were rich and was offered more millions to read a bunch of words off a piece of paper I would happily accept.
Millions of dollars is still millions of dollars no matter how rich you are.
>>
>>202947106
>>202948162
He just got plenty of attention from Oppenheimer and winning Best Supporting Actor.
He could have taken the path of "more Oscar bait" for more attention instead of "must help Disney make another $3 billion"
>>
>>202948264
If I put myself in his shoes, being worth hundreds of millions already, there'd be a million things I'd rather spend my limited time left on than shooting some marvel slop for even more money I'd never get the chance to spend
>>
>>202947106
You fuckers are weird. He's an actor. What do you expect him to do? Become a plumber?
Taking an acting gig isn't a cry for attention; it's literally his job
>>
>>202948264
>Put yourself in his shoes.
no thanks faggot i didn't take ballet
>>
>>202947106
Non capeshitter here. Why would someone who played an iconic character (lol) like iron man for so long decide to play someone else, and why are fans absolutely buzzing about it? Someone explain this shit.
>>
File: hard working women.jpg (164 KB, 720x960)
164 KB
164 KB JPG
>>202948082
are you that mentally disconnected that you don't understand why he might want to continue to work? Acting is a demanding job, but being a CEO/owner of multiple companies is way more work, and sitting on your butt Asmongold style is not good for productive people's mental state.

I mean, if moneys no object, and you dont want to become a sedentiary, slow witted, dopamine burnout peice of human waste, acting is a fairly decent gig to be doing if you can choose your own roles like Downey can. Lots of old actors are happy to keep doing it until they can't walk anymore for a reason.

youtu.be/o3Bd3v_3tIY?si=VeS3KprgbIaL-7s0
>>
>>202948418
So the only choices are act in marlel slop, be a ceo or do literally nothing all day. Got it.
>>
>>202947106
In the deepest dungeons of the Marvel HQ there was a metal suitcase with a label that said "Open only in case of extreme necessity, like if we're all about to go bankrupt next week".

Inside the suitcase, there was RDJ with a Doctor Doom mask.

And it still wasn't enough.
>>
>>202947205
>and he will
People have already forgotten his Doom "big amazing revelation".
Even reddit doesn't give a fuck at this point.
>>
>>202948414
its mostly nostalgia and desperation, the manchildren who are still invested in Yidneys capeshit, alongside a literal legion of Pajeet shills. Yidney probably throws more money at marketing for the sake of appearances and hype than anyone else.

They were the ones buying out entire cinemas on purpose to blow up Captain Marvels debut film, trying to push the "subversive women leads in male-oriented films aren't financial suicide! See?!" narrative.
>>
>>202948264
>to read a bunch of words off a piece of paper
Shooting a movie is so much more than that. Between traveling and make up and acting dozens of takes it's gonna completely take over your life for a few months.

He's not doing it because it's easy money, he already has more money than he can spend in 5 lifetimes. He's doing it because he's a feminine man, like all actors, so he needs attention.
>>
>>202948440
>be a ceo or do literally nothing all day
i know ceo's irl, they work far harder than i ever have, for far longer than i do, with less job security than i have.

Can you stop being a facetious retard for 5 seconds when i spend a few minutes correcting your ridiculous opinions? a ceo that does "nothing all day" in a major corporation, is a very bad ceo.
>>
>>202948414
its likely they just make him iron man from another universe that became dr doom like in several comics. just an evil version of tony stark kinda thing to take place of kang in the multiverse battle royal that secret wars probably ends up being. so you get familiar, bankable face to try and pull in fans again and it kinda fits with the universe they have and some comic book lore.
>>
>>202948272
>He just got plenty of attention
This is like saying to a heroin addict "You already got enough heroin, now you can stop doing the ol' pump-and-swallow to black hobos at the train station".
>>
>>202948547
Try reading my post again because you could not have possibly misinterpreted it more if you had tried
>>
>>202948414
>why are fans absolutely buzzing about it
Nobody is. People talked about it for like 36 hours. Then everyone forgot. This is the age of the fried dopamine receptors and shot attention span.
>>
>>202948625
it literally has been the talk of the industry for weeks now
>>
>>202948586
Not saying he needs to stop, just saying his next dose could come from another Oscar baiting prestige role instead. It's not like his Oppenheimer role was any harder or more demanding than leading capeshit
>>
>>202948587
ah, yes, my bad. And yeah, kinda, remember he is worth over $US100million easy, how do you think he invests that cash?

You have to diversify past putting all of it on the stock market, any financial planner would tell you to buy XYZ businesses, a bunch of homes to rent out with a real estate company managing them, most people in that position don't get to just sit back and let them run themselves, you'll get robbed.

Frankly acting is probably a relaxing gig compared to managing his businesses. Having loads of money only means you never need to have to worry about money or your families needs in the short term ever.
>>
>>202947106
>Is it better to be feared, or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?
They foreshadowed this since the first fucking movie. How are you all not getting this yet?
>>
>>202948929
What if I mostly liked the MCU up to Endgame and have mostly disliked it since then?
>>
>>202948929
fuck you, you attention whoring loser. With dogshit faggot taste.

Go suck j*w dicks in your own time.
>>
>>202947205
>he won his oscar, he has nothing to prove anymore.
how about an Oscar for a leading role? everyone knows a supporting role Oscar isn't as valuable, they even present it at the start of the ceremony instead of near the end
>>
>>202947106
Kek, they literally could have had a 'I am your father'-tier twist if they kept it to secret but did not cause it was a desperate move. I remain open minded to RDJ Doom but I have no doubt about the motive. The real warning sign will be when we see what the Doom costume is like. The comic look is good enough for a 1 to 1 adaption, none of this 'modernized' shit or a Iron Man-esque Doom look. Also all of this begs the question of why the fuck they wanted Kang initially. Even with Majors being shit and Kang written terrible, the Council of Kangs being stupid for an event movie, etc. what the FUCK made them go with Kang over Doom? They even reduced Immortus et al. down to Kang variants rather than future/past selves, robbing Kang of the appeal of his past and future selves fighting against him as he himself tries to fight his own destiny of becoming Immortus.
>>
>>202947106
accurate but its literally the mcu saying this to rdj while waving a huge wad of cash in his face
>>
>>202949400
i already explained their rationale, they didnt WANT to use Doom because
>>202948255
>there is no chance in hell that Yidney will allow a charismatic, highly intelligent, authoritarian-fascist alpha male character to be likeable and someone they dont mind the audience looking up to.

To write Doom well is to make him relatable and give him solid motivations to perform his misdeeds, his motivations are the purest of all villians in comics afaik, that would make Yidney tremble in their little faggot boots alone.

They are probably in the writers room having nightmares about swastikas on Doom cosplayers in a years time kek.
>>
>>202948414
>big juicy villain role
>gets paid tens of millions
>gets to work with friends he made over the years
>basks in the box office success and fan adoration

literal dream job
>>
>>202948264
>Put yourself in his shoes
I'd be 6 inches taller
>>
>>202948255
>And im 100% certain that Doom with be a cucked, neutered version of what he is at his best in the comics
IIRC Fox was acquired prior to Endgame... so why the FUCK didn't they fast track Fantastic Four? Reed and Doom are at the heart of SW, so you need a few movies building those two up. What in the hell not only motivated to not pursue FF immediately but not even use Doom in any capacity until Majors got in hot water? Even so, Pascal and RDJ as Reed and Doom... what a shitshow.
>>
>>202948082
>refusing easy money
>>
The Russos are complete hacks, and besides that, directors always get worse with age, so these movies are going to be terrible.
>>
>>202949978
cope
>>
>>202950091
Lol.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=L7Y0ucw7bGk&pp=ygUORW5kIGdhbWUgd29tZW4%3D
>>
god doom is so fucking cool
reed faggots need not reply
>>
>>202950143
incel cope

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.