[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tv/ - Television & Film

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: pelts.jpg (105 KB, 1368x1026)
105 KB
105 KB JPG
I'd rather fight through Vietnam then this shit
>>
>>203673308
>id rather fight a crazed grizzly bear trying to maul me to death than meet a vietmamese
what did op mean by this?
>>
>>203673308
>read the book
>author says he just made 3/4 of it up
What did he mean by this?
>>203673949
He said the opposite.
>>
>>203673981
op is racist towards grizzly bears
>>
>>203674298
I am attracted to grizzly bears, but in this movie I am not
>>
>>203673308
vietnamese are more dangerous than the sioux I agree
>>
>>203673308
>then this shit
than
>>
>>203673308
but what about muh pelts
>>
>>203673981
no shit it's fiction, you stupid or something?
>>
>>203674346
No he's correct. he's clearly saying he wanted to fight through an Indian attack and then afterwards fight in Vietnam. probably some kind of savior complex idk
>>
>>203674706
The basic story is true but not enough content for a book
>>
>>203673308
leo is good a doing that underbite snarl face

he does it a lot
>>
>>203673308
>Inaritu pussied out of the real life scene where he lays on a rotting log to have maggots clean his wounds and indians coming across him and going "how the fuck are you still alive" before nursing him back to health to track down the men who left him for dead only to find they'd joined the military and moved on with their lives forcing him to reckon with forgiveness
>instead turns the story into an ugly grunting weeping white guilt film with french antagonists (literally the least bad faction to ever interact with the natives)
>>
>>203675975
>only to find they'd joined the military and moved on with their lives forcing him to reckon with forgiveness
I've read The Count of Monte Cristo when I was about 12, and I'm still mad at that shit. I blame it for my 15 years of teenage angst and edgy anime.
>>
>>203674720
start doing this
>>
>>203673308
Is it fair to say that his Oscar for this was nothing more than a pity award akin to a "lifetime achievement" award? It's good acting but, ehhhh.
>>
MUH PELTS

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.