[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tv/ - Television & Film

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: kbcy44q8lox41.jpg (1.87 MB, 2400x1350)
1.87 MB
1.87 MB JPG
Are there any serial killer movies set in a post-911 world that actually work well, /tv/? Or are we forever doomed to "retro" movies set in the 90s and earlier due to mass surveillance and other modern "investigation" methods?

What other relatively modern genres (so not westerns for example) are completely dead due to the world changing too much for them to be viable anymore?
>>
>>203678447
Manly action heroes stories
>>
>>203678642
Well, Jason Statham still has a job. It's harder to sell various spook stories like Mission Impossible though.
>>
>>203678447
There will never be an ethnic-based mob story based in a post-2015 world. It’ll be corporate scandals and political corruption, but no more of the “sacre bleu where is mi mama” meat and potatoes type of mob story.
>>
>>203678707
There's a lot of them in Europe, like various Arab mafias in France and whatever, but it's very amateurish and pathetic compared to real American cinema.
>>
>>203678728
That’s true. Good point, anon. I guess I’m limited in my evidence to an American-based story being the setting.
>>
>>203678447
The smartphone breaks almost all the laws set up with "retro" crime movies. The smartphone is going to be extremely difficult to implement into a story.
>>
>>203678447
serial killers can still whack native reservationers. Even reservation cops don't give a shit, because they're too busy raping native women.
>>
>>203679250
Same for horror movies, they used to do the whole no reception in spooky place thing but that doesn't really work anymore either, and watching people use phones in a horror is really jarring.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.