[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tv/ - Television & Film

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Happy Birthday 4chan!

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: file.png (15 KB, 422x237)
15 KB
15 KB PNG
What is Hollywood's obsession with this podcast?
>>
Sean is really good interviewer. The gimmick is getting old though.
>>
It replaced late-night talk shows. A celeb can come on and show a different side of themselves, and promote whatever they're doing.
>>
the holding company of hot ones was funded by hollywood. it's another one of their astroturf promotions
>>
>>204325053
Never have been asked this before, good question!
>>
>>204325053
It's a psyop to make you buy meat
>>
>>204325082
>Sean is really good interviewer
if you're retarded
>>
>>204325407
I don't give a shit if someone asked this before, nigger. Answer my question, faggot.
>>
>>204325206
he gets it
it feels very fake and planted
that Lex guy also feels like some uncanny artificial thing
>>
>>204325431
I don't need to be tricked into buying hot wings. I do that of my own accord.
>>
>Conan single-handedly destroying and mocking Hot Ones
Really showed how much everyone hams up their performances.
>>
>>204325082
>Sean is really good interviewer
his research team is
sean himself is a charisma vacuum who falters whenever the guest goes off script
>>
>>204325426
>“I’m just like you, goy”
Fixed it for you
>>
>>204325053
who even watches this shit.

The interviewer sounds retarded and scripted. He can't hold a conversation or improvise making his entire presence seem wooden and robotic.

The "celebs" on the other side of it are obviously fake and the questions they get asked any idiot can find answered on wikipedia.

Fucking humiliation ritual.
>>
>>204325082
An interviewer who just reads questions with a robotic voice and ignores their guests’ answers is not a good interviewer.
>>
>>204325688
So true. I find that bald faggot very off putting
>>
>>204325698
>who watches
phone farms in china
>>
they're only pretending to eat hot ones. it's called acting sweaty
>>
>>204325859
what grinds me is the fact that they take tiny little bites.

I'd maybe watch this shit if they went full bore and actually did something entertaining like Conan
>>
The initial premise of the show was interesting but ever since it turned into a mandatory part of a new film's press junket it became any other American talk show format - sterilised and theatrical.
>>
>>204325698
>Fucking humiliation ritual.
ah yes, nothing says humiliation ritual like going from a nobody to popular and rich simply by eating hot wings and asking people questions

do you even know what the fuck you're saying you complete freak
>>
>omg that's such a great question
>wow no one ever asked me that before.

It's so fake man.
>>
>>204326867
YOUR THE FUCKING FREAK
>>
remember that time you could see Jenna Ortega's boob?
>>
>>204326976
it no longer feels like a cliche and more like a contractual obligation to compliment the host's questions at this point
>>
>>204325053
cause normies love it and they are mostly brainless morons with awful taste in media
>>
>>204325082
>Sean is really good interviewer.
lol no, he's terrible. he's reading question off of cards
>>
>>204326989
t-take that back
>>
>>204327022
I'm almost certain that it was from the start. Literally every celeb on there utters some variation of that phrase.
>>
>>204325437
ooh, not just a nigger but also a faggot. so brave
>>
>>204326071
This.

>>204325082
They did switch it up. Last episode was the first one of the new season. It was two celebrities eating wings next to each other, facing the screen. Sean wasn't there. Maybe it was a one off or maybe he's left a sinking ship. Or maybe he wanted too much money and they canned him.
>>
>>204325579
what he do?
>>
>>204328184
You can't deduce that from the post? Obviously he ate hot wings and they were mayonaise tier and everyone else is playing make belief.
>>
>>204326003
Coolio did too, he went balls to the wall and just doused every single wing with half the bottle of sauce before mowing them down entirely,
. Then he passed out in their studio for a few hours and went into what they called a “heat coma” because I’m sure it had nothing to do with whatever cocktail of both pharmaceutical and non-pharmaceutical drugs he had in his system at the time which were exacerbated by the blood pressure spike from eating a fuckton of chicken wings that were 40% salty sauce by volume
I will say though I have friends who were gifted the “last dab” boxes with a bunch of versions and those things are no joke. I mean if you throw a little splash on a bite it’s not really bad, it just lingers a bit but is totally doable even to spice plebs but if you pour any substantial amount and let it sit in your mouth while you’re chewing and not swallowing it within two seconds of taking a bite it gets pretty crazy the longer it’s in there. Not something I’d seek out but if it’s there I’ll always try it, some of those can be pretty tasty. But yeah I agree Sean Evans gets way too much credit for being “a good interviewer” even though he’s just a charisma void with cue cards given to him from an actually competent research team. A cardboard cutout with a mini speaker attached to it could do a better job
>>
>>204328199
Some of the sauces they use are actually decently hot and a lot of people have abysmal tolerance for anything spicy. I’ve met people who the absolute maximum they can even handle is a fucking peperoncini so it’s not really that big of a leap. Conan is the man though
>>
>>204328287
Nice try, Zlatan.
>>
>>204325053
Why?
>Safe questions
>Chicken wings with hot sauces is a good gimmick to keep audience's attention alive
>Cheap as fuck production
>Sean is likeable as a host
>A butt load of sponsors
>>
>>204328862
Nobody likes Sean, except for his guests. And those are actors or athletes who know the cracking of the whip.
>>
>>204328883
Im not into tabloid shit to actually know who is Sean as a person, but he looks nice in the show. He is well mannered, and eats every sauce coated chicken wing like a champ. He had some moments where he could go apeshit, but he didnt. Off the top of my head, the dj khaleed episode had some good moments that could have pissed off any host.
>>
File: Jeff Gayblum.jpg (8 KB, 275x183)
8 KB
8 KB JPG
Fuck them for allowing Jeff to not even make a proper bite out of them. Either come heavy or not at all, fucking pussy faggot
>>
>>204328946
He hides his personality. It's a fake persona he puts on. Fully understandable, because he has a good thing going, but it's a reason for people to dislike him.
>>
>>204328975
>Artist has a delicate palate and doesn't want to ruin it by eating garbage macho food to prove his masculinity to a bunch of literal whoos on a shitty internet show
Props to Golblum for keeping it real.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QyyDgmonXOI

You can't memory hole this trainwreck, Sean.
>>
>get this, it's like a normal interview but we make it so the interviewee is distracted to the point of being completely unable think properly or form coherent sentences
>>
>>204329033
Why come to the show at all then? Faggot
>>
>>204329161
And yet not a single confession of childrape has come up. Makes you think huh? Sean is doing the Lord's work, but these fuckers are slippery as hell.
>>
>>204325082
>Look up an obscure detail about a celebrity and hamfist it into the conversation in an extremely clunky way
>this makes me a le good interviewer
>>
>>204328743
What?
>>
File: images.jpg (5 KB, 208x243)
5 KB
5 KB JPG
>>204329208
I don't think his handler would allow that.
>>
>>204328743
Samefagging because I honestly don’t know what this is a reference to. Daddy’s-yard-cabinfag anon?
>>
I've never seen an episode. I have bought and gone through four of the season boxes with my friends. Love me some hot wings.
>>
>Hollywood

No anon it's just people. People watch Hot ones, the format requires celebrities to eat "hot ones", so the cycle continues until we run out of celebrities. Which will never happen.

The world is one giant ad, how can you be so unaware in 2024?
>>
>>204329302
He was in an episode and the chili brought him to his knees. It sounded like you were making an excuse, so I called you Zlatan.
>>
>>204328978
>>204329033
>Keeping it real
>Hides his personality

And you people wonder why you can't keep a job. Goldblum has been phoning it in for 15 years, he doesn't need you to defend him.
>>
>>204329357
Oh. Anyway I love spice but have several family members who are such fags that they’re so adverse to it like I said their limit is probably that of a bell pepper to still be enjoyable. I’m sure plenty of these Hollywood faggots are super duper sensitive little flowers IRL so it doesn’t surprise me they do the bare minimum.
>>
>>204329348
Its got a pretty wild spread of "celebs" these days. For example, Lewis Hamilton and Donald Duck. I also though the Gal Gadot and Shakira ones were pretty good.
>>
>>204328862
Sean is a charisma vacuum, dude's milquetoast as hell, he's literally defined by his elaborately researched questions and ability to clean hot wings
>>
File: 1700668666074042.png (135 KB, 410x598)
135 KB
135 KB PNG
>oh, waitress! *snaps fingers* come here, my poppet, I've decided on what I shall dine upon today.
>May I have the BEARDY MCBEARDMAN MEGA BEEFY QUADRUPLE BEEF BEER BACON N BOURBON BURGER WITH 3000 MONTH PINK HIMALAYAN SALT CAVE AGED CRUELTY FREE SLAVERY FREE NON GMO FARM TO TABLE CIGAR SMOKED GOUDA
>Oh, and of COURSE! My apologies for not realizing that the hot sauce menu was a subset of the MAIN menu (albeit a separate pamphlet detailing the intricacies of each sauce, as well as pairing suggestions, would be a welcome addition (pass that along to your sauce monger)). I shall sample your in-house BEELZEBUTT'S 7,000,000 SCOVILLE HEMORRHOID HOLOCAUST NUCLEAR ANAL LEAKAGE XXXXXX FECAL FURY SAUCE; and, my sweet, mayhaps a bottle of it to go? Though I am yet to taste it, I am sure that my buddies at the barcade - yes, a portmanteau of 'bar' and 'arcade,' and YES, you can actually DRINK as you PLAY VIDEO GAMES, whatever will they think of next? - will be utterly TICKLED by the label your crew has concocted for that bottle!
*taps glass*
>and another round of your hoppiest IPA, please!
>>
>>204329706
>I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQCU36pkH7c
>>
File: 1700668543453431.jpg (131 KB, 1024x1024)
131 KB
131 KB JPG
>I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul
>>
>>204325579
It's called committing to the bit and push through the pain. You can see his discomfort from the 4th wing or so, but Conan has over 30 years of experience in the business so he knows how to push through anything as long as the cameras are on. It's funny you think he proves that others hammed up their performances when the opposite happened in that episode.
>>
>>204325501
>that Lex guy also feels like some uncanny artificial thing
wtf don't say that, just take mind melting drugs and forget about it bro
>>
>>204329706
its either become this or shitpost on /tv/ for 12 hours
>>
>>204325053
>lukewarm idpol-free show that glorifies fast food and celebrity worship
Basically sums it up. Show sucks tho ngl. The average Kayak-fisherman is more interesting.
>>
>>204329552
This. People act like he’s on the level of Narduar just because his team works painstakingly to generate interesting and unique questions for the show meanwhile in practice he just sits there mundane as can be ratting them off with the cadence of a local news junior fill-in anchor that’s being focus tested.
>>
File: Spoiler Image (437 KB, 272x240)
437 KB
437 KB GIF
>>204330088
Triple dubs checked
>>
Like most things involving /tv/, the bitter seethe is palpable itt. I'm sure you all have the personality to host a show like this, you just haven't had the opportunity.
>>
>>204331063
You don’t have to have the charisma to host a talk show yourself just to be able to recognize when someone doesn’t have that level of charisma and shouldn’t be hosting an interview show. Much in the same way I can watch two figure skaters and tell you which one has anctual talent and which one probably shouldn’t be going to the olympics meanwhile I can barely skate in a straight line. Sean Evans is just a really dull dude with a talented team backing him that’s all, I’m only speaking for myself when I say this but it certainly doesn’t come from a place of bitterness and jealousy, I know I’m not the kind of person who should do a job like that. Thing is, neither is he.
>>
>>204331063
see>>204330063
And his show is backed by a Hollywood bank. It's not organic at all.
>>
>>204325053
I enjoyed the Noel Gallagher episode but only because it was Noel Gallagher.
>>
>>204325053
Isnt the channel literally all rappers and mutts? I cant bear to watch. Americans need to get their shit together, NO ONE WANTS TO LISTEN TO YOUR LITTLE NEGRO PETS
>>
>>204329881
It doesn't matter if they were truly hot or not. What he did pissed all over the show and concept.
>>
>>204329033
>can't have a cheat day for one fuck interview
why bother coming at all.
>>
>>204331247
No. There’s a lot of them here and thereto be sure, maybe even like half. But objectively no.
>>
I never liked this show because the interviewer is a literal block of wood on top of being an amateur who doesn't ask any followup questions.
>>
>>204329193
>>204331316
Maybe he was promoting a movie you tards? Like some other anon said, it's replaced the late night shows as a promotional tool for new movies. It's got more viewers.
>>
>>204331294
How did it piss all over the show and concept? The Conan episode is a man clearly in distress fighting with everything he got to try to hide it and pretend nothing is wrong while acting increasingly erratically. The show is man versus the sauce, and Conan fought the sauce with everything he had and emerged victoriously.
>>
started off as a unique way to interview people that got turned into boring slop as it became more and more corporatized
>>
I’d watch a special edition where they powerslapped each other instead of eating chicken wings.
>>
>they've been trying to get the rock on for years but he refuses because he wants to eat grilled salmon instead of chicken wings
what a diva
>>
>>204331937
The Rock doesn't promote polluting your body with anything nasty.
>>
Just post Jenna's nip slip.
>>
>>204331967
It's like once a month now where he says he's "trying in n out for the first time" anon
>>
>>204332021
He's like 55, aren't you ever forgetful?
>>
>>204331826
Can’t believe it took this long to get this levelheaded of a post. Hit the nail on the head, it’s not the best and it’s not the worst but it has certainly declined quite a bit over the years. There are still fun episodes here and there depending on the guest
>>
>>204329033
i'm gonna hum yeah i'm gonna taste hat chicken and hum it's chicken, right? hum so hum let me take a bite and yea just a little bite like that and hum wow that's wow hum
>>
>>204331967
>>204332062
Are you guys defending the rock? How many layers on ironic facetious contrarian irony does it take to get to this level?
>>
At least it has been losing some popularity to Club Random with Bill Maher. That is at least one sign that people can get smarter.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.