[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tv/ - Television & Film

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: thegrey.jpg (204 KB, 1000x1500)
204 KB
204 KB JPG
Is it kino?
>>
awful, made me hate small bottles of alcohol
>>
>>204649554
First time I watched I felt like it was missing something, but with time I realized I enjoyed it more than I first thought. I think you have to take it as the whole thing, not scene by scene. Not a masterpiece, minimal, but, to me, way better than most shit I've watched lately.
>>
>>204649554
Yes
>>
>>204649554
I remember watching this at home and my girlfriend walked in during the last couple minutes when Liam Neeson is about to get killed by the wolves and she started crying. It's kino.
>>
>>204649554
eh its alright desu it needed less Neeson and more wolves killing people
>>
yes it's not about the wolves really, it's about what it means to be a man
>>
>>204649554
Not quite but the subtlety of its tragic, dour point makes it worth a watch. Instead of being about survivalism, it's about subconscious self-destruction. Frank Grillo's character was exactly right about Liam Neeson's, whose decisions were clouded
>>
It's amazing and Joe Carnahan's vest film tied with Narc. I'm not sure if Neeson made it after losing his wife or it just released afterwards but the part where he's yelling at God takes on new levels thinking about that.

The only con is it having a post credit scene showing the aftermath of the fight with the alpha which is fucking pointless and ruins the ending.
>>
>>204650540
>post credit scene
glad I never saw that, I bet some retarded studio exec wanted it there because normoids can't stand ambiguous endings (wasn't even ambiguous really)
>>
>>204650566
I regret ever seeing it myself and just pretend it doesn't exist. It's pointless
>>
>>204649554

This was the first movie that made me want to see Neeson's action career resurgence succeed. I felt so bad for him after his wife died
>>
>>204649554
It's fucking fantastic. It shows how men deal with the inevitability of death. Pure kino.
>>
>>204649554
If punching a wolf in the face appeals to you, yes
>>
>>204650466
>dying as a man
fixed that for you
>>
>>204650677
Punching a wolf with fists full of broken bottles

Hell fuckin' yeah!
>>
>>204649554
Yeah it's excellent
Don't mistake it for "badass Liam Neeson fights wolves", it's a movie about suffering
>>
it was a serviceable horror/drama though the acting was so over the top and basic.
it keeps the drama intense up until the end when tLliam faces the Wolf Boss, who can vocalize ENGLISH words (oh come on!) and explains to him what their plan is. Still ends well, but that took me out of it
>>
Not really. It was slightly above average, but just about the only thing somewhat watchable at the theater when it came out.

There’s not really much reason to watch it now.
>>
>>204649554
yes movies with snow are always kino
>>
It's Nietzschean kino
>>
>>204649554
No, it’s retarded.
>All planes have a crash beacon, there would have been rescue parties at the site within 3 hours
>Wolves don’t attack like that
>They also don’t teleport
>Humans make mistake after mistake to keep the plot moving
It’s pure garbage.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.