[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tv/ - Television & Film

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Supernatural_Season_5.jpg (121 KB, 250x330)
121 KB
121 KB JPG
Just finished watching season 5 which apparently is the end of the original storyline before they changed the writers or something
Is it worth giving the rest of it a go or does it go horribly wrong?
>>
Bump
>>
File: shit-crap.gif (45 KB, 244x220)
45 KB
45 KB GIF
There's some corn in the shit. Whether you wanna go picking it out is a personal choice. But another ~10 seasons of shit is...
>>
Imagine dozens of highly-paid producers, directors, screenwriters and main actors doing this shit for 15 years and be like "Good enough".
And then they don't do any other notable work essentially making this Poopernatural their only legacy.
>>
>>204654401
There is one or two weak seasons but there is also some good, the pacing will change from monster of the week to more linear story telling. It will get more and more ridiculous, I didn't like the 2 or 3 last seasons and didn't finish because of a new character introduced later on I really didn't like.
>>
>>204654401
There's a couple good episodes alter on, even entertaining mini arcs, but overall the quality takes a big ass nosedive both from the overall storey and how the characters start to act.
I didn't manage to get past S10 or 11 I think.
>>
>>204654401
It’s fine for the most part, it loses some of its identity when each season pretty much becomes “we just beat that super natural super strong beast but there’s ANOTHER even older even stronger one we have to beat” the last season sucks but the actual ending scene is pretty kino
>>
>>204654401
No it's shit except for the following three episodes which are fucking awesome:
S6E13 The French Mistake - The bros go into the "real world". It's great.
S10E5 Fan Fiction - Hilarious musical episode.
S13E16 Scoobynatural - The bros meet Scooby Doo in an animated episode. It's awesome.
>>
Option 1: Watch the remaining 10 seasons and make your own opinion.

Option 2: Stop here as this is canon and the rest is generally fan-fic with more shit than good.

Option 3: Just watch the first and last episode of every season so you know the general plot and story line but without watching the additional 250 episodes.

Option 3a: Watch first and last and throw in additional pure kino episodes like: S10E5, S6E15, S11E4 (“Baby”, a personal favourite and arguably the best bottle episode of television ever made), S13E16 (Scoobydoo episode) and S7E10.
>>
>>204654401
they have Felicia Day on to play a nerdy loser
it just got too unbelievable to take seriously
>>
File: 1692326145699219.webm (3.88 MB, 1920x1080)
3.88 MB
3.88 MB WEBM
>>
>>204654401
Basically this >>204655912
On one hand there are a few cool side characters and arcs somewhere in s6-s9 but on the other, they progressively rape the lore and characters more and more. The last 5 seasons were utter trash, only liked by tumblr tier retards.
>>
Don't do it to yourself
>>
There is no reward for perseverance. Nothing that happens in the next 10 seasons is valuable enough on its own to warrant slogging through the garbage, and the ultimate conclusion of the season is weak and unsatisfying.
>>
>>204654401
You saw the best episode already
>The Real Ghostbusters
Supernatural is just fun and campy, but season 6 and beyond you might find yourself wondering why they can’t do it like they use to, but get surprised by some good episodes, a lot already mentioned by anons in the thread.
>>
>>204655203
Couldn't have said it better myself. Some alright ones but it realyl will not feel the same at all. The shift is painfully noticeable. Every season gets shittier and more teen girl oriented.
>>
I had to tap out after season 8. Got unbearable.
>>
File: file.png (923 KB, 1280x720)
923 KB
923 KB PNG
Seasons 6-10 are completely forgettable filler with some memorable campy episodes sprinkled in to keep you watching, literally feels like a boat arc in a manga. Half of the episodes are gay family drama and the other half are angels being gay jannies
Seasons 11-12 are good
Seasons 13-15 the kino comes back
>>204657778
Picrel
>>
File: 3e4jjtsurqnb1.jpg (19 KB, 353x480)
19 KB
19 KB JPG
>>204654401
Great show. I'm on Season 10 right now anon. My ranking so far:
1-3 > 10 > 4-9

2 is the best imo. The worst seasons are the ones that focus too much on the angel/demon crap. I like 10 so far because it's episodic like the early seasons.
>>
>>204658088
>Seasons 13-15 the kino comes back
does the nephalem kid every become interesting? he made me drop the show as he took center stage and was insufferable
>>
>>204658747
He's autistic as fuck but he has a very satisfying character arc, yes. Becomes a total bro by the end.
>>
>>204658215
Anything with Crowley or his milfy mommy is pure unadulterated kino. Anything with Cass, Gabriel, Metatron, or Lucifer is kino.
Anything with Ruby, Lilith, or the janny angels is total fucking coal cringe, they're what made the middle seasons so fucking gay.
>>
>>204656226
I fucking hate this woman, why was she in EVERYTHING ten years ago? Who the fuck was she getting fucked by?
>>
>>204654401
Either you'll finish the series for completionism or eventually get burnt out on how bad it eventually becomes

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.